Netflix

Biscuits

I’ve been watching the Hannibal films which are class. Is the TV series worth a go?

It’s pretty good. Second series loses focus markedly and isn’t up to the same standards, and the third season tags on an extended ending tying in with the books and which is basically the film scene-for-scene, and which isn’t needed and which was obviously tagged on when they knew it wasn’t being given another series. Great, but with some flaws.

The lead acting is magnificent, and the support cast is fine.

Manhunter remains the best of the Lecter stuff, in my opinion.

There’s a lot of seriously ropey crime dramas, but Hannibal is better than most.

12 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

I’ve been watching the Hannibal films which are class. Is the TV series worth a go?

Absolutely.

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Manhunter remains the best of the Lecter stuff, in my opinion.

YES! 

On a similar note, I'm hugely enjoying Mindhunter on Netflix just now.

Came on this thread to tell everyone about a fucked up documentary I'd watched, turns out I'm about a week too late, truly unbelievable, was this how naive people were in small town 70s America? Watched it on my own last week, my missus wanted to see it so sat down to watch it last night but she wanted to switch it off at the end as she was fuming. Ended up watching Derry Girls instead, have to admit I'm a big fan! 

Just watched abducted in plain sight. Had to keep reminding myself it wasn’t a spoof, as I couldn’t actually believe what I was seeing. This 40 year old guy was blatantly in love with and abusing their 12 year old daughter. The dad decides to give him a tug in the car and the mum starts riding him. Also, he convinced them that his therapist said he should sleep in their daughters bed to help cure his “illness”. Fucked up from start to finish.

Worst part for me was his nine visits after the first abduction, with the two overnight stays. He was clearly let in to do that. Which kinda fits with how fucked the parents were in all of this.

The whole thing is such a horrible mess of a situation.

Went through F is for Family in the last few weeks. Don't really like Bill Burr as a stand up comedian but his character in that had me in stitches. Watched the Fyre documentary as well. Would echo the sentiments elsewhere and can't help but feel the folk who were ripped off largely deserved it. Now onto Sex Education. 2 episodes in. Amusing but not funny, and Gillian Anderson still has it, even if it is now slightly Paula Yatesy.

37 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Next time you're over, you and me are going to have a chat.

And by chat I mean fisticuffs.

I'm not sure which of those two lovely ladies you think I am insulting. One is and the other was an absolute wid.

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Next time you're over, you and me are going to have a chat.

And by chat I mean fisticuffs.

On that note, I'm rewatching the X-Files.  Season five.  Her transformation is remarkable.  And thoroughly pleasing.

Went through F is for Family in the last few weeks. Don't really like Bill Burr as a stand up comedian but his character in that had me in stitches. Watched the Fyre documentary as well. Would echo the sentiments elsewhere and can't help but feel the folk who were ripped off largely deserved it. Now onto Sex Education. 2 episodes in. Amusing but not funny, and Gillian Anderson still has it, even if it is now slightly Paula Yatesy.
I love F is for Family.

"Yep, she says there's nothing more important than raising 3 little miracles"

*Son creeps out his bedroom*

"Get back in your room before I put you through that fucking wall!"

51 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I love F is for Family.

"Yep, she says there's nothing more important than raising 3 little miracles"

*Son creeps out his bedroom*

"Get back in your room before I put you through that fucking wall!"

Took a few episodes to get me into it, but after that I found it too easy to rattle through them. I think my favourite was along the lines of:

"If I started building walls now and didn’t stop for the next ten years there still wouldn’t be enough of them to fuckin put you through"

Went through F is for Family in the last few weeks. Don't really like Bill Burr as a stand up comedian but his character in that had me in stitches.

Thought I was the only one who loved F Is For Family but couldn’t hack Burr’s stand-up. Had watched the series, which led me to his stand-up and couldn’t believe how different my thoughts on the two are.

2 hours ago, GrahamJags said:

Thought I was the only one who loved F Is For Family but couldn’t hack Burr’s stand-up. Had watched the series, which led me to his stand-up and couldn’t believe how different my thoughts on the two are.

I was the opposite. Seen a bit of his stand up stuff in the past and it put me off watching this. Boy in work kept telling me it was worth watching and I eventually gave in. Glad I did.

On 2/5/2019 at 13:58, Savage Henry said:

On that note, I'm rewatching the X-Files.  Season five.  Her transformation is remarkable.  And thoroughly pleasing.

Which episode are you on? I finished Killswitch literally 15 minutes ago. Not one of my favourites to be honest. Still better than most things on TV today though.

Which episode are you on? I finished Killswitch literally 15 minutes ago. Not one of my favourites to be honest. Still better than most things on TV today though.

Just finished The Postmodern Prometheus. I had forgotten how that episode followed some of the dullest X-Files episodes. There’s a real lull in series four/five.