Netflix

Biscuits

I gave up on episode 3 of this latest series. It was just so poor.

I couldn't give up on a show just before the finale.
Perhaps wait till the the last few episodes come out and then try and watch it all? Surely the last 7 will be an improvement? There will likely be a lot more exciting scenes anyway.

Watched Winter Of Fire last night. I've already seen it before and I'm aware that the documentary leaves out some of the uncomfortable moments so it doesn't exactly pass the non bias test however it's still a compelling watch and with recent developments you could argue such decisions have now been justified with regards to the framing of the revolution. 

It's especially more poignant watching now when you see them talk about how happy they are near the end without realising what's round the corner. They're talking about how certain streets will go down in history and some of the name of the victims, I'm sure they will but I can't help but feel they'll have been massively overshadowed by the latest addition to the history books.... it also made me feel quite foolish looking back that I was surprised the Ukrainians have been so resilient during the invasion, after watching this again I realised there was no chance they were fleeing and going to let Putin walk right in. This was the start of their life or death battle for freedom. 

Would score it an 8.5/10 as far as conflict documentaries go. Certainly worth a watch if you're intrigued as to the internal politics of Ukraine and what lead to where we're at now. 

Battlebots is a good laugh. It's an American version of Robot Wars. I never watched the show from start to finish, just skipped through all the rubbish and got to the fights. It's a 45 minute show and they show 4 3 minute fights. They seem to spend the rest of the show treating it like the Super Bowl. Absolute fannies. But if you skip to just the fights it's a right laugh. Some of the damage is absolutely fantastic. There's even one fight where the usually shite flamethrower does actual damage to another robot's mechanism.

The saddest thing to see was the builder of the excellent Razor from RW features in this and his creations are completely shite in comparison.

2 hours ago, BigDoddyKane said:

whats a good thriller/mystery series or movie on Netflix currently?

Most of the Harlan Coben stuff is good. Shooter (series) is good. Homeland. Money Heist. Queen of the South. 

Watched Winter Of Fire last night. I've already seen it before and I'm aware that the documentary leaves out some of the uncomfortable moments so it doesn't exactly pass the non bias test however it's still a compelling watch and with recent developments you could argue such decisions have now been justified with regards to the framing of the revolution. 
It's especially more poignant watching now when you see them talk about how happy they are near the end without realising what's round the corner. They're talking about how certain streets will go down in history and some of the name of the victims, I'm sure they will but I can't help but feel they'll have been massively overshadowed by the latest addition to the history books.... it also made me feel quite foolish looking back that I was surprised the Ukrainians have been so resilient during the invasion, after watching this again I realised there was no chance they were fleeing and going to let Putin walk right in. This was the start of their life or death battle for freedom. 
Would score it an 8.5/10 as far as conflict documentaries go. Certainly worth a watch if you're intrigued as to the internal politics of Ukraine and what lead to where we're at now. 
I'm halfway through Ukraine On Fire from Oliver Stone which covers the history and same later period. Will finish it later tonight.

whats a good thriller/mystery series or movie on Netflix currently?
How to Get Away with Murder is a decent watch. Lots of mental twists and turns and you seem to go through all the emotions with the characters.

Currently 4 episodes in to Drive To Survive. The Mercedes and Red Bull teams are full of arseholes, almost to a man. Even though I know what happens I'm willing them both to lose.

Mclaren and Ferrari are sound c***s. Hopefully they can both do well this season.

24 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Currently 4 episodes in to Drive To Survive. The Mercedes and Red Bull teams are full of arseholes, almost to a man. Even though I know what happens I'm willing them both to lose.

Mclaren and Ferrari are sound c***s. Hopefully they can both do well this season.

I haven’t kept up to date with F1 for years so I can watch this sports documentary without a clue how it turns out. Pleasing.

On 09/03/2022 at 11:21, scottsdad said:

Drive to Survive is back on Friday...

im-watching-popcorn.gif

Weirdly found myself disappointed in this. I barely watch it, but I keep an eye out of the news every now and again and even I thought they barely scratched the surface.

Obviously the title race was a big story this year, who are lo and behold c***s, but it looks like they barely gave time to the other teams, who were the main content generators of the early seasons. I don't think Vettel for example spoke once. Probably could have had a couple more episodes of content if they wanted.

On 07/03/2022 at 14:52, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Just finished the Kanye West documentary Jeen-yuhs. As someone that loved the College Dropout and most of what followed it was a fascinating watch. The first two episodes were particularly interesting but i just found the last part pretty sad in all honesty. 

I know nowadays its easy to slate him and I dont really follow everything he does or agree with everything he says but theres not a better example today that I can think of who walks the genius/madness line and its refreshing that someone says what they think without checking themself first. Its difficult to think of many or anyone else doing that anymore and thats always needed to some extent. I read an article about doing some ranch thing and university type thing that sounded amazing what his plans were and thats not even a 10th of whats hes done or doing. Hes done more than most thats for sure. I hope he finds some calmness as he gets older.

Starting the 3rd episode soon

Edited by BigDoddyKane

7 episodes into Drive to Survive and it just feels far more formulaic than it used to. Almost every episode has just been introduce a team/driver. Show scattergun highlights of them having a few poor races. Nothingy interview about how the driver is lacking confidence/the car is lacking pace but they have to keep working hard. Show them having one good race suggesting all is good now. And repeat.

I'm sure there's plenty of previous episodes that fit the same set up but in the past, particularly in the first two series, it felt like the documentary highlighted some different angles or team dynamics you wouldn't have seen otherwise. 

I'm still enjoying it, it's still worth watching but, it just feels a little lighter than it used to.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

14 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

What ever happened to that abominable He-Man cartoon that Netflix made?

I hope they punted that shite in the bin and fired whoever made it.

There is the latest iteration of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe on Netflix and is up to Season 2. Haven't seen that but the reviews on RT seem decent.

I think you might be referring to Kevin Smith's Masters of the Universe Revelation which focuses more on Teela and less on Adam/He-Man? I thought it was a bit patchy and didn't like the focus on Teela but it was a wider "universe" type approach with the other He-Man iteration running at the same time - though I think the two productions are unrelated. In terms of Smith's Revelation, again, has pretty decent reviews. 

Go to Netflix. Go to a show called "Brand new cherry flavor".
Episode 4, 35 minutes in. Just watch that 2 minute scene. 
You can thank me later. 

A warning to grab a bucket would have been nice! That genuinely turned my stomach. The shitty sausage roll nearly came back up.