Netflix

Biscuits

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
16 hours ago, Henrik said:
I’ve been watching The Sinner. Stars Bill Pullman. Series 1 was fantastic. Series 2 a bit meh and series 3 also fantastic. Starting the final series this weekend.
 If you like dark, psychological crime thrillers  you’ll enjoy.

I liked 4 better than 2 and 3. 1 blows them all away.

1 was brilliant I agree. Looking forward to 4 now 👍

I’ve been watching The Sinner. Stars Bill Pullman. Series 1 was fantastic. Series 2 a bit meh and series 3 also fantastic. Starting the final series this weekend.
 If you like dark, psychological crime thrillers  you’ll enjoy.
Thought 1 was really good, 2 was decent and 3 was fairly dreadful.
Not sure if I'll bother with season 4.

14 minutes ago, spud131 said:

Thought 1 was really good, 2 was decent and 3 was fairly dreadful.
Not sure if I'll bother with season 4.

I think we’re all agreed 1 was the best but I enjoyed 3 more than 2 :lol: 

Opinions are like… etc etc

On 08/02/2022 at 17:20, DrewDon said:

The Tinder Swindler is a remarkable watch. I mean, whilst what his victims suffered - and are still suffering - is obviously terrible, I struggled to digest the naivety of some of the women involved. Cecilie, the Norwegian woman, was especially naive. There were more red flags than a Chinese military parade, but she was entirely unquestioning for the most part. 

The first two women in the film were genuinely remarkable. I was watching it with the wife and it was all she could do stop herself from throwing things at the screen, such was the display of general soppiness on show. The last one at least had some guts about her and achieved a slice of revenge, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear stories of the first two being mugged off again. Trying to get the boy done for fraud, when all he did was ask for money... and they gave it to him. Especially the latter one, whose intro piece was all but an interview for The Apprentice, yet she spent months just handing over money to some guy off Tinder.

A quick Twitter trawl suggests there's a bunch of white women who have some shred of sympathy for them - to the point where some rube has started a GoFundMe page or something - whereas it seems that every black woman who's seen it is still laughing at them. 

I can't work out if the GoFundMe thing is part of a very long con, and ALL of them are in it, or if Scandinavian women are all divs. 

I think we’re all agreed 1 was the best but I enjoyed 3 more than 2 :lol: 
 Opinions are like… etc etc

I was pretty disappointed with 4 compared to the best. I thought the story was a bit thin and contrived.

Agreed the 1st was the best. Like a few shows these days, it felt like they realised they had a bit of a winning formula and dragged it out as much as they could.

The Tinder Swindler is a remarkable watch. I mean, whilst what his victims suffered - and are still suffering - is obviously terrible, I struggled to digest the naivety of some of the women involved. Cecilie, the Norwegian woman, was especially naive. There were more red flags than a Chinese military parade, but she was entirely unquestioning for the most part. 
The first 2 gold digging bints deserved all they got. Unbelievable.

On 03/02/2022 at 18:46, Thorongil said:

Season 1 of Jessica Jones was immense.

All 3 daredevil's were good (3 was worst of them all mind you) JJ season 1 and 3 were good, 2 was bad lol, i liked both Luke Cage series, thought they were enjoyable, Iron Fist suffered badly from a terrible plotline, it wasnt the worst but not that good either, and tbh i liked the defenders, 

Fisk, killgrave and cottonmouth were absolutely outstanding villains, played superbly, fisk especially simply owns every scene he is in

6 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

All 3 daredevil's were good (3 was worst of them all mind you) JJ season 1 and 3 were good, 2 was bad lol, i liked both Luke Cage series, thought they were enjoyable, Iron Fist suffered badly from a terrible plotline, it wasnt the worst but not that good either, and tbh i liked the defenders, 

Fisk, killgrave and cottonmouth were absolutely outstanding villains, played superbly, fisk especially simply owns every scene he is in

Great to see Daredevil in the new SpiderMan film. Agree about those villains with my preference being Kilgrave, just.

11 hours ago, Thorongil said:

Great to see Daredevil in the new SpiderMan film. Agree about those villains with my preference being Kilgrave, just.

Aye defo killgrave was tremendous, tennant played him superbly, for me i just hated his ending, to fall for JJ's talk just like that seemed weird given how the series went

But definitely arguable that he was the best villain, think thats why iron fist suffered as well, the villains in the 2 seasons were instantly forgettable, 

Hell even the punisher had decent villains and not a super power in sight (absolutely loved both punisher series, bernthal was unbelievable as castle, always said he had the aggression and demeanour to be the next wolverine) 

1 hour ago, 54_and_counting said:

Aye defo killgrave was tremendous, tennant played him superbly, for me i just hated his ending, to fall for JJ's talk just like that seemed weird given how the series went

But definitely arguable that he was the best villain, think thats why iron fist suffered as well, the villains in the 2 seasons were instantly forgettable, 

Hell even the punisher had decent villains and not a super power in sight (absolutely loved both punisher series, bernthal was unbelievable as castle, always said he had the aggression and demeanour to be the next wolverine) 

Haven’t seen Punisher. The Luke Cage series kind of put me off and I never went back to the rest. Will try Punisher based on your recommendation.

3 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Haven’t seen Punisher. The Luke Cage series kind of put me off and I never went back to the rest. Will try Punisher based on your recommendation.

Punisher is a slow burner, but once it gets going it doesn't stop, the action at times is absolutely brutal, 

Iron fist you could defo miss, nothing really makes me recommend it lol

2 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Downfall The Case Against Boeing.
Documentary about the events which led to 2 crashes of their 737 Max in 2018/19. Well worth a watch.

Not seen it yet but certainly will, something seemed off at the time on how there wasn’t sufficient safety procedures put in place 

40 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Downfall The Case Against Boeing.
Documentary about the events which led to 2 crashes of their 737 Max in 2018/19. Well worth a watch.

Just finished watching it and I've also seen the Air crash investigation episode about it.

Some of the information that came out regarding Boeings greed and the effort they put into covering their backs in the name of profit is genuinely sickening.