Netflix

Biscuits

Finished Dahmer. Very very slow paced. I know some folk think Netflix drag the arse out or things but I haven't found that tbh. This is about the only time I've felt it. Though I'm not convinced it wasn't deliberate. Dahmer's demeanour was very much like the pacing of this show and I wonder if it was intentional. I could of course be thinking too much into it.

Anyway, I thought this was a 'decent' watch. It was pretty grim at times and the deaf episode was both brilliantly done and tragic. So many things back then still ring true today sadly, mainly black voices not being heard. The scene when the cops went into his apartment made my blood boil. Both racist and homophobic c***s. Says it all about the US Police that these arseholes got a full career.

A satisfying ending for him at least. I'm not an eye for an eye kind of person anymore but I can't say I had any sympathy for his ending considering he didn't appear to show an ounce of remorse for his victims and instead revelled in the attention.

Yeah, I think I'm done with The Watcher at episode 3. This is fucking turgid, and nobody comes across as a believable human being.

Wee glimpse of Naomi Watts' arse was unexpectedly pleasant, but. More of this would be nice, Netflix.

Anyone who watched watcher to end can you advise me 

Spoiler

Why did they include the part where John graft run through the underground tunnel to the creepy woman with glasses house for her to say “they’re onto us” without following it up at all? Surely the police would have been able to trace the underground tunnel and see what house it went to. Fair enough the case was unsolved but this seemed particularly odd. 

On 22/10/2022 at 22:22, BFTD said:

Yeah, I think I'm done with The Watcher at episode 3. This is fucking turgid, and nobody comes across as a believable human being.

Wee glimpse of Naomi Watts' arse was unexpectedly pleasant, but. More of this would be nice, Netflix.

I don’t think I’m even going to attempt to watch this purely down to a strong dislike of Jennifer Coolidge’s big munterous face.

The first series of Barbarians is fantastic, and I was thoroughly looking forward to seeing what they did with the second series. 

What they've done is to render characters who were smart in the first series mind-bogglingly stupid in this one. The character decisions are daft, the Romans are daft, and the script feels like it was written by a committee of 4-year-olds. The inclusion of an out of context Carthagen woman posed a few questions too. She was the new husband of a man jilted by the heroine in the previous series, and she tells us she's from Carthage, but not why she is in Germania and how she can speak German, so I was left with a lot of questions which, to be fair, I imagine the script will tell us later (although I'm not holding my breath). What was baffling was that she was willing to help the heroine, a woman she'd just met and had no ties to, with a plan that wasn't formed, and was almost certainly suicidal. It just didn't make sense.

It's pish, sadly, and it's a pity. The first series was fantastic, the drama was tense, and the characters were compelling. I've given this up after two- and a-bit episodes. 

In short, watch the first series, and just forget there is a second.

20 hours ago, velo army said:

The first series of Barbarians is fantastic, and I was thoroughly looking forward to seeing what they did with the second series. 

What they've done is to render characters who were smart in the first series mind-bogglingly stupid in this one. The character decisions are daft, the Romans are daft, and the script feels like it was written by a committee of 4-year-olds. The inclusion of an out of context Carthagen woman posed a few questions too. She was the new husband of a man jilted by the heroine in the previous series, and she tells us she's from Carthage, but not why she is in Germania and how she can speak German, so I was left with a lot of questions which, to be fair, I imagine the script will tell us later (although I'm not holding my breath). What was baffling was that she was willing to help the heroine, a woman she'd just met and had no ties to, with a plan that wasn't formed, and was almost certainly suicidal. It just didn't make sense.

It's pish, sadly, and it's a pity. The first series was fantastic, the drama was tense, and the characters were compelling. I've given this up after two- and a-bit episodes. 

In short, watch the first series, and just forget there is a second.

I persevered and finished the second series. It's terribly written. I'm not normally the type to go overboard with criticism, but it's as if they just got another set of writers, ones who haven't really done it before, to write the second series. The character decisions are just idiotic, and there's the aforementioned Carthagen woman whose presence or backstory is never really explained, nor why she can speak German, or even fight. It's a slightly annoying detail that her city (Carthage) was destroyed about 150 years before this was set too. Mainly it just all felt like a waste of money. The setting is great, the costumes are fantastic and it looks wonderful. The dialogue is in German and Latin, which adds authenticity and I was able to immerse myself in the times. The script is appalling though, with previously smart, shrewd and resourceful characters now making stupid decisions just so the rest of the plot can happen. 

Shite.

On 22/10/2022 at 22:22, BFTD said:

Watched the first two but had lost the will to live by then. 

Here's a challenge. My dad asked me for a recommendation for a movie or TV show on netflix. He likes drama, thrillers, action, adventure, Sci fi and so on. 
Put me on the spot and I couldn't think of anything. 

Yet to watch the last two episodes (so hopefully not a shite ending) but Better Call Saul is a great watch and ticks all bar the sci-fi box there.

57 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Here's a challenge. My dad asked me for a recommendation for a movie or TV show on netflix. He likes drama, thrillers, action, adventure, Sci fi and so on. 

Put me on the spot and I couldn't think of anything. 

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Yet to watch the last two episodes (so hopefully not a shite ending) but Better Call Saul is a great watch and ticks all bar the sci-fi box there.

I can't think of any decent Sci fi on Netflix, now I come to think about it. Unless you count Stranger things, I suppose. 

But for the other stuff there's loads, BCS as you say, breaking bad, narcos, mindhunters, designated survivor, end of the fuckin world just off the top of my head 

6 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

I can't think of any decent Sci fi on Netflix, now I come to think about it. Unless you count Stranger things, I suppose. 

But for the other stuff there's loads, BCS as you say, breaking bad, narcos, mindhunters, designated survivor, end of the fuckin world just off the top of my head 

I thought Breaking Bad was an option. Might suggest that. 

My daughter texted him suggesting SpongeBob Square pants. 

14 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

Cowboy BEBOP and the first season of Altered Carbon were decent. Doomsday with Rhona Mitra and Bob Hoskins is ok too if he likes something along the lines of Mad Max.

I quite like Netflix's mini series'. Godless was a great watch and if he likes his football he has to watch The English Game. Basically how football was changed. Brilliant watch.

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I thought Sens8 was brilliant. I don't know how he feels about animation, but Arcane is one of the best things I've watched in ages. 

Just watched season 2 of Marcella. It was utterly, utterly batshit. And very, very dark. It's probably the most relentlessly grim viewing I've experienced in ages. Anna Friel is great and I pure fancy her, which had me viewing for longer than I ought tbf. 

The plot is wild and the situations are at times unbelievable, but the acting was such that I was engaged with all the characters and their stories. Plenty of red herrings too.

Mental viewing though.