Netflix

Biscuits

Been watching Shooter. Decent enough, mindless American rubbish. Loads of unlikely twists, folk changing sides etc. Tidy looking wife. Strange voice track though - seems to be a Netflix original and has minor sweating in it but then they drop an F bomb they mute the sound like they do on a rap track. No "fracking" or "frigging", no bleeps, just a fraction of a second of silence. Very odd.

Rattled through the first series of "White Gold" last week. Enjoyed it, but couldn't help but feel the two boys out of the Inbetweeners were simply playing the same characters. Sound track was tremendous and the boy playing the main character was top notch in that role.

On 12/31/2018 at 14:02, bennett said:

Is the death wish remake worth watching or just the usual let's butcher a classic film?

Shouldn't really matter if its a new film or not, just kid on to everyone else it's the same film as old one and nothing has changed....

12 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Aye. Plus the good looking guy is apparently a sexual harrasser which rather subtracted from my enjoyment, binned it after a couple of episodes when my missus pointed that out.

I didn’t realise this until afterwards when I decided to find out when the 2nd series would be out. Seems he has now been cleared and filming restarted recently. Tell your missus she is a filthy liar and you want to watch the rest of it.

On 28/12/2018 at 05:37, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

My wife tried to make me watch Bird Box tonight. Made it half an hour in and thought f**k that, I'm away to bed. Can't stick these horror/suspense type films.

She suggested watching it last night to me - my missus, not yours - and I asked her if it was any paranormal pish before watching it. She said she didn't think so - it was. Probably an enjoyable film if you enjoy that genre but it's not for me. It reminded me of a cross between The Langoliers and Lost when it started getting silly. 

Watched Captain Fantastic at my mate's house last week after skipping by it a few times at home due to immediately assuming it was superhero related. I thought it was a tremendous film. Fantastic in fact lolololol. Here's a write up that I have stolen from elsewhere. 

Ben Cash (Viggo Mortensen), his wife Leslie and their six children live deep in the wilderness of Washington state. Isolated from society, Ben and Leslie devote their existence to raising their kids -- educating them to think critically, training them to be physically fit and athletic, guiding them in the wild without technology and demonstrating the beauty of co-existing with nature. When Leslie dies suddenly, Ben must take his sheltered offspring into the outside world for the first time.

11 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Bird Box was just The Happening but with blindfolds and somehow made less sense

I quite enjoyed Bird Box while I was watching it, it wasnt until afterwards that I realised its full of holes.

Spoiler

There are absolutely no twists in the story at all. Every bad guy is bad, every good guy is good and everything you expect to happen does - including the saccharine "happy every after" ending.

There are too many "unrealistic" moments too. Getting the car back into garage blindfolded, every house already being blacked out, "steering" down rapids, surviving falling into the rapids, then finding each other including none of them losing their blindfolds and so on

Watched the first couple of episodes of the Sunderland doc ... sorry, the Sunderland Football Club doc. Its great viewing. The tears and snotters after they were gubbed by Celtic pre-season were a joy. Cant wait for the reaction to Graysons relegation battle :lol: The only disappointment is how little I hate Martin Bain

I quite enjoyed Bird Box while I was watching it, it wasnt until afterwards that I realised its full of holes.
Spoiler There are absolutely no twists in the story at all. Every bad guy is bad, every good guy is good and everything you expect to happen does - including the saccharine "happy every after" ending.
There are too many "unrealistic" moments too. Getting the car back into garage blindfolded, every house already being blacked out, "steering" down rapids, surviving falling into the rapids, then finding each other including none of them losing their blindfolds and so on
Watched the first couple of episodes of the Sunderland doc ... sorry, the Sunderland Football Club doc. Its great viewing. The tears and snotters after they were gubbed by Celtic pre-season were a joy. Cant wait for the reaction to Graysons relegation battle [emoji38] The only disappointment is how little I hate Martin Bain
agree about bain. he actually seems like a genuinely decent bloke

She suggested watching it last night to me - my missus, not yours - and I asked her if it was any paranormal pish before watching it. She said she didn't think so - it was. Probably an enjoyable film if you enjoy that genre but it's not for me. It reminded me of a cross between The Langoliers and Lost when it started getting silly. 
Watched Captain Fantastic at my mate's house last week after skipping by it a few times at home due to immediately assuming it was superhero related. I thought it was a tremendous film. Fantastic in fact lolololol. Here's a write up that I have stolen from elsewhere. 
Ben Cash (Viggo Mortensen), his wife Leslie and their six children live deep in the wilderness of Washington state. Isolated from society, Ben and Leslie devote their existence to raising their kids -- educating them to think critically, training them to be physically fit and athletic, guiding them in the wild without technology and demonstrating the beauty of co-existing with nature. When Leslie dies suddenly, Ben must take his sheltered offspring into the outside world for the first time.
Is that on Netflix? Watched it a few years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it.

15 minutes ago, grumswall said:
On 05/01/2019 at 12:04, Dee Man said:

Is that on Netflix? Watched it a few years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Yeah, on Netflix, although I watch it on Aussie Netflix so maybe not the same as UK.