Alloa vs Ayr

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

I remember when I started going to away games Alloa had a decent wee terraces but along the side and a covered area. Much better than the wee porta tent.

Correct there was a chance of generating some atmosphere.

You could take 10,000 to the recs and the atmosphere still disappears up the Ochils......

IMG_0091.jpg
It use to be a Great old ground with the old wooden stand and the shed on the far side. But we all must evolve into soulless barns.

Looking forward to game tonight now Ayr can’t win the title on our patch. No offence meant. I have got to say they are best team in the league and hope they do win the title next week.

Alloa will rest a couple of key players who are all sitting on one booking away from suspension now we are firmly secured the playoffs.

Really? Who is likely to be rested?

31 minutes ago, RRFC2711 said:

You could take 10,000 to the recs and the atmosphere still disappears up the Ochils......

Nonsense, we had a great atmosphere in 88 and we'll have a great atmosphere today.

52 minutes ago, Redwedge77 said:

Looking forward to game tonight now Ayr can’t win the title on our patch. No offence meant. I have got to say they are best team in the league and hope they do win the title next week.

Alloa will rest a couple of key players who are all sitting on one booking away from suspension now we are firmly secured the playoffs.

That would certainly help. Did one of your players get sent off last weekend and is suspended for today also?

34 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Really? Who is likely to be rested?

Last season we had second place sewn up with 3 games still to play.We rotated the team,gave youngsters game time and quite a few of our fans felt that we lost a bit of our sharpness which ultimately cost us in the playoffs.This time we could beat both yourselves and Raith and still finish fourth so for me its a no brainer. Goodwin has to decide who he doesn,t want to potentially have miss the playoffs and rest them.

1 hour ago, Kobe2010 said:

Last season we had second place sewn up with 3 games still to play.We rotated the team,gave youngsters game time and quite a few of our fans felt that we lost a bit of our sharpness which ultimately cost us in the playoffs.This time we could beat both yourselves and Raith and still finish fourth so for me its a no brainer. Goodwin has to decide who he doesn,t want to potentially have miss the playoffs and rest them.

Hard to predict at the best of times,  but any unforced changes likely to be up top. Suspect Callum Smith and/or PJ Crossan may start. Ross Stewart picked up a knock at Forfar but seemed to recover okay. 

He will obviously have to reshuffle the defence. Would be surprised if its not Taggart straight into CB and keep Robbo RB. 

Obviously Ayr streets ahead in the league and have been way more consistent-  but man for man I think we match up pretty well with them, and that's showed in long spells of the games between the teams this season. Our best performance against them was probably the one we lost at home.

Archived