Motherwell vs Celtic V - Scottish Cup Final

MP_MFC

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Desp said:

Robinson confirmed on the radio last night that his only real selection headaches are who goes on the bench.  I assume Andy Rose isn't fit for this?

I'd be amazed if the starting XI wasn't as follows;

Carson

Kipré  Aldred  Dunne

Cadden Campbell Grimshaw McHugh Tait

Main Bowman

My guess at the subs?   Griffiths, Maguire, Hendrie, Bigirimana, Turnbull, Frear, Petravicius.  

If Rose can make the bench, stick him in for Hendrie.

The attacking options are absolutely wafer thin, and the thought of that Lithuanian coming on for Bowman or Main at any point is scary. 

The only other I thought that might make it would be Hartley, and if thats the case I'd be looking to put Hendrie in beside the Green Brigade (where he probably wants to be ) for the game. 

Ach - I'm not bothered by that (and I assume Motherwell will have one too). Looking at it, it's actually a bit pathetic looking and a sad indictment of Glasgow that they can only do such a short route just after the game in case there is bother..

10 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

Hopefully that will be Motherwell’s team talk sorted. :lol: 

4624A23F-1A93-4773-BDFB-1C625746260D.png

You do know Motherwell have made similar contingency plans for an open top bus should they win, Celtic pointed out so on their link so as not to look disrespectful/arrogant but why let the facts get in the way eh?

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I thought the parade was on sunday?before broonies testimonial 

That was the plan.  Was supposed to be leaving from Cambuslang to Celtic Park but it seems they've moved it to the day of the final.

16 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

Surprised to read that we'll be having a parade should we win.  I was assured by posters on here that such a parade could never take place... 

Well you're not travelling through the city centre, are you?  It's going along one road then into the stadium.  It's damning on the city and of certain football fans that there is an issue with Celtic going through Glasgow on an open top bus if they are victorious in the final.

As for the club pointing out in advance where it's going to be, absolutely no issues from me?  Like they've said, Motherwell have similar plans.  It has to be approved by the local council in advance, so it's public knowledge anyway. 

7 minutes ago, Desp said:

Well you're not travelling through the city centre, are you?  It's going along one road then into the stadium.  It's damning on the city and of certain football fans that there is an issue with Celtic going through Glasgow on an open top bus if they are victorious in the final.

As for the club pointing out in advance where it's going to be, absolutely no issues from me?  Like they've said, Motherwell have similar plans.  It has to be approved by the local council in advance, so it's public knowledge anyway. 

If the bus were to travel through the city centre, I highly doubt that there'd be rangers fans out baying for blood.  Likewise, should rangers win the Scottish Cup (nae laughing at the back now) the chances of Celtic fans showing up to cause bother is next to none.  If there are any arrests during Celtic's proposed parade it'll be down to bampots in Celtic jerseys who cannot handle their sauce. 

So why do you think Celtic don't do a city-wide open top bus parade?  Or even a fair chunk of the city?  Is it Celtic's decision or solely down to the Police?  I get that winning the league on its own isn't a massive triumph in the circumstances, but a treble is a rare occurrence.  A potential double-treble has never been done, so IMO would be deserving of one. 

24 minutes ago, Desp said:

So why do you think Celtic don't do a city-wide open top bus parade?  Or even a fair chunk of the city?  Is it Celtic's decision or solely down to the Police?  I get that winning the league on its own isn't a massive triumph in the circumstances, but a treble is a rare occurrence.  A potential double-treble has never been done, so IMO would be deserving of one. 

Think the police would be very nervy of it.

Look at the **** and their counter demonstrations/shit stirring at the side of the road with UJ flags during recent independence marches etc, a handful of roasters like that is all it'd take for it, to quote Danny Dyer 'all facking kick off'

39 minutes ago, Desp said:

I wouldn't see any problems with starting at High Street, going along the Gallowgate before cutting down the new express way to the main entrance to Celtic Park.  As I've said, I believe the chances of serious bother are minimal.  If Glasgow can hold large Orange and Republican parades without major incidents, it can hold a football celebration.

The original plan was to start at Cambuslang and work along London Road, the same route the 50th anniversary of the Lisbon Lions parade was to take.  Why it's changed, I have no idea. 

5 hours ago, MJC said:

The approach and soundbites coming out of Fir Park from both manager and the playing squad are so refreshing and a million miles away from McCall and his whimpering away our chances a week before our last SCF. We are clear 2nd favourites here, but there is a belief and confidence coming from Stephen Robinson and his players and it is positively infectious.

All we can do here is go out there and give everything we've got, play to our strengths and hope that on the day we are good enough to take advantage of any fortune that comes our way and exploit any weaknesses that Celtic may have in the day. We can't worry about Celtic here. We know they are a smashing side but our focus needs to be on ourselves.

COYW

Agreed.

Under McCall and that w**k McGhee we’d have been beaten before a ball was kicked.

We’ve a side that will go out and take the game to them which is all we can ask as fans.

Praying for something special,

8 minutes ago, MikeyWellFan said:

Agreed.

Under McCall and that w**k McGhee we’d have been beaten before a ball was kicked.

We’ve a side that will go out and take the game to them which is all we can ask as fans.

Praying for something special,

It was something that annoyed the hell out of me for years about our club. So many managers and players openly talked the club down and gave it the "we're punching way above our weight" guff and naturally large sections of the support bought into it. This current group are the exact opposite and as I said earlier, their confidence and complete disregard of how good Celtic are and what it means to them are infectious. I've not seen a feelgood factor quite like this around the club for as long as I can remember. There is no arrogance from us, just a confidence in our own abilities and that is absolutely magic.

Archived