England's Glorious Failure

5 hours ago, CambieBud said:

Ayrmad you have swallowed the Goebels like propaganda. Kane has scored 3 penalties, a fluke and a tap in. Hardly hottest striker material. England are what they always are, overpaid, overrated and over there. You don’t seriously believe a team with Stones, Cahill and McGuire in the centre of a defence, can win anything? Ffs, Sevco would still struggle to finish 2nd in Scotland with those 3!!!!

On a side note, when they did win it in nineteen canteen, there were 12 teams in the tournament, at home, with an African boycott as well as a Russian linesman, still making hard work of it. In the Euros they have never reached a final let alone threatened to win it, despite having vastly superior players than now.

Aside from the already mentioned factual nonsense, to say Harry Kane isn't a top striker is strange.

I'll be honest that I think he looks like a bang average footballer in most aspects of his play. Except goalscoring. His ability to find space in and around the box, and his finishing, are right up there with the best around.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aside from the already mentioned factual nonsense, to say Harry Kane isn't a top striker is strange.
I'll be honest that I think he looks like a bang average footballer in most aspects of his play. Except goalscoring. His ability to find space in and around the box, and his finishing, are right up there with the best around.

He is a typical British type striker. Super Swally was a predictor in the six yard box, just like Harry Kane. The difference between him and a great striker is that he gets the supply against Panama et al, but against top quality opposition he is required to change a game. He isn’t skilful enough to do so. Not a Diego Costa, Messi, Ronaldo etc. Decent poacher against weak defences but hardly one of the above. Watch him closely against Colombia. No pace, little skill, poor first touch etc.

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

The same could be said about Kris Boyd.

23 minutes ago, KillieCon said:
39 minutes ago, ayrmad said:
Aye, at a far lower level.

A higher level than Ayr have ever played at though.

Away and post your small-minded pish towards someone that gives a f**k, I like the big man, can throw a stane into his auld dears garden from mine anytime.

I don't post any of that Ayr Killie nonsense so I don't appreciate it on threads that have nowt to do with either team.

Away and post your small-minded pish towards someone that gives a f**k, I like the big man, can throw a stane into his auld dears garden from mine anytime.
I don't post any of that Ayr Killie nonsense so I don't appreciate it on threads that have nowt to do with either team.
You brought up Kris Boyd ya mentalist.

Just now, KillieCon said:
5 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

You brought up Kris Boyd ya mentalist.

No I didn't.

7 hours ago, CambieBud said:

He is a typical British type striker. Super Swally was a predictor in the six yard box, just like Harry Kane. The difference between him and a great striker is that he gets the supply against Panama et al, but against top quality opposition he is required to change a game. He isn’t skilful enough to do so. Not a Diego Costa, Messi, Ronaldo etc. Decent poacher against weak defences but hardly one of the above. Watch him closely against Colombia. No pace, little skill, poor first touch etc.

I said he was a very average footballer but his ability to find space in and around the box and his finishing are world class.  To which you've replied that he's not a Messi or Ronaldo because he can't create his own chances. :1eye

He's a far better finisher than Diego Costa.

13 hours ago, CambieBud said:

giphy.gif

16 hours ago, CambieBud said:

Pity he couldn't have predicted the shambles he was stepping into at Sevco amiriteladzz!?!!

4 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

I'll admit it, I'm a bit scared now.

It feels inevitable. Literally everything falling for them.

22 minutes ago, Lex said:

Winner of Colombia - England gets to the final IMO.

They’ll never get a better chance than this.

Nah, I think Sweden and Croatia are both better and will have to be the main favourites for a place in the final.

Archived