Raith V Alloa The championship decider

Aye. After 3 and a half years of consistent injuries under the same manager it’s quite astonishing that more Ayr fans haven’t started to question the managers ability to condition the players correctly.

He wasn’t injured because of McCalls training. He was injured in a match. As was Higgins, Crawford, Docherty, Boyle and Reid.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, somerset_lad said:

He wasn’t injured because of McCalls training. He was injured in a match. As was Higgins, Crawford, Docherty, Boyle and Reid.

Injuries happening in games doesn’t absolve McCall from responsibility. Neither does an injury happening in training mean that it’s necessarily his fault.

A couple of freak injuries is bad luck, repeated injuries from various players over a 3 and a half year period isn’t. It’s like when Arsene Wenger moans about all the “unlucky” injuries Arsenal have suffered over the last 5/10 years. It gets to a point where you have to accept some responsibility and either A. Sign fewer injury prone players or B. Pay a bit more attention to player conditioning.

Injuries happening in games doesn’t absolve McCall from responsibility. Neither does an injury happening in training mean that it’s necessarily his fault.
A couple of freak injuries is bad luck, repeated injuries from various players over a 3 and a half year period isn’t. It’s like when Arsene Wenger moans about all the “unlucky” injuries Arsenal have suffered over the last 5/10 years. It gets to a point where you have to accept some responsibility and either A. Sign fewer injury prone players or B. Pay a bit more attention to player conditioning.

So how is McCall supposed to prevent players from taking a kicking during a game? Crawford when he was playing well was getting kicked all over the place during games so it was no surprise that he ended up injured.

If guys like Bell, Doc, Adams etc hadn’t suffered serious injuries then they would be playing for better teams than Ayr.

I think it’s a case of Ayr’s overall performance at times has been better than ours (all dem goals *jizz*), which I won’t deny as we’ve been mediocre to watch for the most part. We are an effective team though which maybe isn’t pleasing on the eye but it’s gotten us to where we are.

At least Ayr fans aren’t like that mental East Fife fan (a team that’s not beaten us in 30 years) who was giving us lip about the fact we failed to beat X team away (think it was Albion Rovers) whereas they had in some sort of ‘lols we’re better than you...in some way’.

I don’t get your point ! Ayr better than Rovers means nothing if we win the league, So Alloa and Arbroath are better than Ayr then going by your logic of head to head games?

Rovers don't half have their fair share of numpties.

Do they not teach you to read in fife?

5 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Rovers don't half have their fair share of numpties.

Do they not teach you to read in fife?

Yes we are taught to read in FIFE.

But, wait.........they now have schools in Ayr?

Shocker!!;)

It's fascinating watching pandarilla go through the 5 stages of grief. 
I'm currently in the 'lashing out at the world' stage.

The ayr united fc mug is still relegated to the back of the cupboard at work and has been replaced by the shitey father's day mug instead.

Seriously though, 3 different posters made the same daft reply to my point.

you beat us 2-1 cause our goalie threw both goals in the net. We have played you off the park in at least 3 of the 4 games.
Look.... Going round in circles here.... Does that mean alloa are by far a better team than ayr cos they have beat you twice and drew against you in your four meetings? We have better defensive record.... Lost the least amount of games and sit top of the league. Facts state we are currently the better side.

Look.... Going round in circles here.... Does that mean alloa are by far a better team than ayr cos they have beat you twice and drew against you in your four meetings? We have better defensive record.... Lost the least amount of games and sit top of the league. Facts state we are currently the better side.

Tell me you're at the wind up greggy. For the love of god.

Tell me you're at the wind up greggy. For the love of god.

Raith are top which means there’s a good chance they are the best team.

End of discussion, stop embarrassing yourself.

Raith are top which means there’s a good chance they are the best team.

End of discussion, stop embarrassing yourself.
Did you read my original post?

Were Greece the best team in Euro 2004?

Sometimes the best team shites the bed. You ultimately get what you deserve.

Did you read my original post?

Were Greece the best team in Euro 2004?

Sometimes the best team shites the bed. You ultimately get what you deserve.

A knockout tournament doesn’t compare with a 36 game league.

Anything can happen over one game in a cup but over 36 games the best team will be top of the league.

They might not be the best team to watch but they are generally the best.

A knockout tournament doesn’t compare with a 36 game league.

Anything can happen over one game in a cup but over 36 games the best team will be top of the league.

They might not be the best team to watch but they are generally the best.
When it comes down to a few points then the number of games becomes arbitrary.

What if it was a 40 game league? Would the result necessarily be the same?

And just to be clear...

I have absolutely no doubt that raith rovers will deservedly be crowned champions of league 1 this year.

When it comes down to a few points then the number of games becomes arbitrary.

What if it was a 40 game league? Would the result necessarily be the same?

And just to be clear...

I have absolutely no doubt that raith rovers will deservedly be crowned champions of league 1 this year.

They might win it by the slimmest of margins but hey ho.

Point being you can’t fluke your way to winning the league.

Can’t really answer that bit about 40 games as A) it’s hypothetical and B) we could easily lose those extra games and Raith win them.

Archived