Metropolitan Police FC

I seen them in an FA Cup tie about 7 years ago when @mid-table was living in London and following Northwood F.C. They seemed to have no fans other than friends and family of the players.

ETA: They're not all Polis or employees of the Met either, apparently; just a regular lower league team, really

Never watched them, but friends of mine have been there (as away fans though). Generally, most people who attend are away fans. There are hardly any home fans except for friends/family of the players and the odd local living near the ground.

I remember when they reached the 1st round of the FA Cup a few years ago. Loads of football fans were hoping for them to draw Millwall.

13 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Has anyone  ever been to watch this team? I am curious as to whether they actually have any fans?

http://www.isthmian.co.uk/match-info/results/455876/2018-02

Just going back a few months, they had as low as 40 for a local cup tie, with league games anything around 100, perhaps 20 or 30 either side of that. Obviously away supports a factor too as some teams in their division have supports numbering in the high hundreds and beyond.

I once watched the Scottish Police Cup Final on a weeknight at Cambuslang. It was played between forces and Strathclyde divisions then, no idea if/how it works now it's all a single force.

Weird experience. Everything from SFL players down through juniors to blokes of pretty limited ability. Jamie McQuilken and Nathan Lowndes played, and the manager was Ivor MacIvor. Panda cars, motorcyclists and dog handlers with their alsatians kept dropping in and out during the game to see how it was going. There were only a few dozen fans there for the duration.

Archived