Alloa vs Raith Rovers

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly think we’ll be comfortable over the two legs.

If Alloa actually want to get through to the next stages of the play offs then they’ll have to have a more aggressive style of play than sitting 11 men behind the ball which they did today (no dig intended btw as I thought Alloa were solid and had a sound game play today).

We SHOULD have enough to counteract that and go through to the next stages against arbroath/dumbarton.

Whatever happens happens etc. Still gutted but we are where we are and can only hope we can bounce back.

Looking on the brightside it’s one more Saturday ticked off before next season begins[emoji849]

8 hours ago, CALDERON said:

I think Thomson looked absolutely terrible today and has had a poor season in general. Times up for him as a full time footballer.

Regrettably this is spot on. He’s been a great player for us over the years and I love the guy but he’s been clearly past it most of this season 

Just now, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

It's imperative that we take at least a draw on Wednesday.

If Alloa have any type of lead coming to Stark's we'll get a repeat of the two lines of 5 tactics that stifled us yesterday and will likely stifle us again on Saturday. 

This. Any kind of defeat and we are absolutely fucked. 

The pressure I felt we had last season is on Raith here.
Hopefully our key men are fit. If the team play like they can on a good day then we'll have a chance. 

Indeed. We can beat any of the teams in the division when we play at our best. Having Hetherington, especially, and Flanny back will make success much more likely. Although Kirky did well in midfield yesterday he clearly doesn't bring the work rate and drive that Stevie does.

It was good to see Darryl Meggatt get some game time yesterday. He looked like he'd never been away. That gives us an extra option as it allows Robbo to be used in midfield if required (eg Fleming is knackered), although I expect and hope that Taggs will start in central defence.

On paper Raith are favourites. They had Furtado, Spence and Bene on the bench yesterday, among others, and we just don't have that strength in depth. We are a good team who are playing well though and we won't be found wanting for attitude or effort.

Honestly think we’ll be comfortable over the two legs.

If Alloa actually want to get through to the next stages of the play offs then they’ll have to have a more aggressive style of play than sitting 11 men behind the ball which they did today (no dig intended btw as I thought Alloa were solid and had a sound game play today).

We SHOULD have enough to counteract that and go through to the next stages against arbroath/dumbarton.

Whatever happens happens etc. Still gutted but we are where we are and can only hope we can bounce back.

Looking on the brightside it’s one more Saturday ticked off before next season begins[emoji849]

I don’t remotely see how you will be comfortable over two legs - they’re a very decent side.

I doubt they’ll sit behind the ball at home either.

Alloa, with some players back, to tear up a Rovers side paralysed by fear and with no bottle. Home win. On to Starks and park the bus against a Rovers side with no creativity. Draw. We're going nowhere. Unless they play Geggan. Please play Geggan.

10 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

Just thinking, the Rovers could surprise us on Wednesday. Not winning  must have hurt and what better way to put it right than beating the team that denied us the title?

You still drunk?

I fully expect another 180 mins of kick chase with wee guys doing the chasing. Best we can hope for is Furtado and Court doing the chasing.

Needs to be a change up front, Willis and Spence with Vaughan on the right.

If we insist on punting the ball then use the personnel that will chase and have a bit of physicality.

Alloa will need to go for it a bit here and hopefully we can open them up a bit.

Still expecting it to be utter pish 

You still drunk?
I fully expect another 180 mins of kick chase with wee guys doing the chasing. Best we can hope for is Furtado and Court doing the chasing.
We should've had those two up front for the last 20 minutes yesterday when it was obvious to all and sundry that we were never going to play our way through them. We should have spent that time trying to batter the door down because high balls into their box seemed to be the only time we troubled them at all.

It'll no doubt be the same formation with a couple of uninspiring personnel swaps that will make absolutely no difference to the way we play.

29 minutes ago, mr mince said:

You still drunk?

Its called post drunk optimism!!!!

Archived