The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

20 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

We have no cover at right or left back (apart from a 16 year old) so surely it is obvious why he has signed.

People always say this about our youth players, he is quite clearly miles in front of them and is only a year or two older than them too. He needs to work on the defensive side of his game but has a fantastic delivery into the box from deep.

Well said :-) He has a few problems drawing back from an attack but his delivery is great. I'm sure he will work on it with the new coach. 

30 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

We have no cover at right or left back (apart from a 16 year old) so surely it is obvious why he has signed.

People always say this about our youth players, he is quite clearly miles in front of them and is only a year or two older than them too. He needs to work on the defensive side of his game but has a fantastic delivery into the box from deep.

Sorry but he looked a little out of his depth last season in a league where we had all the advantages and defence not under too much pressure. This is a much tougher level with few weak teams and no hiding place. Would much rather they signed someone else or even brought back Craig Reid. 

Sorry but he looked a little out of his depth last season in a league where we had all the advantages and defence not under too much pressure. This is a much tougher level with few weak teams and no hiding place. Would much rather they signed someone else or even brought back Craig Reid. 

We can’t afford to sign an entire team of ready made players, Ferguson has potential to develop which was my point. He’s not going to be a starter.

He made mistakes at times last season but was not remotely out of his depth.

As above, another centre back and I would be happy.

Murdoch is a top signing, and most Celtic people rate Doohan highly (really strange how Morton never gave him game time last year)that's two players on Saturday with a point to prove to Morton.

Can't really understand Ferguson deal and would have preferred another centre half in but hey ho can't get all your wishes, team has some good young legs  from the middle now which we have been needing for years.

Quite optimistic for the season ahead now.

The reason Doohan did not get games at Morton was as he was signed as second choice goalkeeper to cover for Gaston in case of injury , he was not signed as first choice, pretty good record at U20 level and could turn out to be a shrowd signing , Craig Gordon rates him highly on Twitter 

24 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Murdoch is a top signing, and most Celtic people rate Doohan highly (really strange how Morton never gave him game time last year)that's two players on Saturday with a point to prove to Morton.

Can't really understand Ferguson deal and would have preferred another centre half in but hey ho can't get all your wishes, team has some good young legs  from the middle now which we have been needing for years.

Quite optimistic for the season ahead now.

Murdoch won't have anything to prove to us. We know fine well how good a player he can be and how much potential there is with him. Doohan was brought in as backup and Duffy never gave him a chance. 

6 minutes ago, ecocme said:

When everyone is fit what do you think the first 11 will be? 

Was coming on to ask the same thing. Now that our squad for the season or at least till January looks complete who makes this 18. 

For me:

Ross Doohan 

Andy Geggan

Michael Rose

Steven Bell

Daniel Harvie

Declan McDaid

Andy Murdoch

Ross Docherty 

Robbie Crawford

Michael Moffat

Lawrence Shankland 

Subs: 

Ellis Hare Reid

David Ferguson

Chris Higgins 

Mark Kerr

Alan Forrest

Craig McGuffie

Craig Moore

Was coming on to ask the same thing. Now that our squad for the season or at least till January looks complete who makes this 18. 
For me:
Ross Doohan 

Andy Geggan
Michael Rose
Steven Bell
Daniel Harvie

Declan McDaid
Andy Murdoch
Ross Docherty 
Robbie Crawford

Michael Moffat
Lawrence Shankland 

Subs: 
Ellis Hare Reid
David Ferguson
Chris Higgins 
Mark Kerr
Alan Forrest
Craig McGuffie
Craig Moore

Spot on imo

28 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

We can’t afford to sign an entire team of ready made players, Ferguson has potential to develop which was my point. He’s not going to be a starter.

He made mistakes at times last season but was not remotely out of his depth.

As above, another centre back and I would be happy.

Whilst he might not intially be a starter with our record of injuries he might feature quite a bit. Let’s hope the new centre half is of a similar level to Murdoch. Last season our defence was comical at times which meant we struggled to beat a woeful Raith team to the title. Considering the quality of teams we will be facing this season there doesn’t seem to be a matching level of improvement made to our defence. 

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

For me:

Ross Doohan 

Andy Geggan

Michael Rose

Steven Bell

Daniel Harvie

Declan McDaid

Andy Murdoch

Ross Docherty 

Robbie Crawford

Michael Moffat

Lawrence Shankland 

Subs: 

Ellis Hare Reid

David Ferguson

Chris Higgins 

Mark Kerr

Alan Forrest

Craig McGuffie

Craig Moore

Yeah, 100% agree with that! 

I had expected more from Fergusson last year considering he had already made a decent amount of appearances for Motherwell, but dont think he ever overly impressed, but thought he did a fair job.

Its only a contract til Jan so obviously been told to prove he is worth keeping. Only a bad bit of business if we miss out on a CH due to budget as Rose / Bell / Higgins / Adams is probably a bit short of cover.

Could do with a decent draw in the next round of the league cup for a cash boost to get someone signed! :D

I had expected more from Fergusson last year considering he had already made a decent amount of appearances for Motherwell, but dont think he ever overly impressed, but thought he did a fair job.
Its only a contract til Jan so obviously been told to prove he is worth keeping. Only a bad bit of business if we miss out on a CH due to budget as Rose / Bell / Higgins / Adams is probably a bit short of cover.
Could do with a decent draw in the next round of the league cup for a cash boost to get someone signed! [emoji3]

Funny I expected almost nothing from him given he was only young but was impressed with him in the beginning.

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

For me:

Ross Doohan 

Andy Geggan

Michael Rose

Steven Bell

Daniel Harvie

Declan McDaid

Andy Murdoch

Ross Docherty 

Robbie Crawford

Michael Moffat

Lawrence Shankland 

Subs: 

Ellis Hare Reid

David Ferguson

Chris Higgins 

Mark Kerr

Alan Forrest

Craig McGuffie

Craig Moore

Nae Jamie Adams which proves we must have quite good depth.