The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Mccall won't be going anywhere. 

He's already worked magic at Ayr, if I remember correctly he stated that the league win there was his best moment in football. 

Plus, I dont see anyone in Falkirk handing him a Smart looking White Mercedes Benz to help with travel. 

He has it all to lose if he decides to abandon ship at the Super Ayr and join that sinking ship at Falkirk. A great manager yes, though not f*cking daft. 

Edited by Roxanne's man

When is the last time an early bookies favourite actually became manager. Not worried in the least bit.
Getting the media to focus on McCall takes the spotlight off Shankland. 

Spoiler

Sorry Marko, had to. 

Cmon Fraser, cheer up!
Knowing McCall, he is just bamming  up folk who have clearly gone and wasted their money by betting on him
Incidentally, he still hasnt signed a new contract with us as far as I'm aware, so he would go for nothing, but I'll run round Somerset naked if he became Falkirk manager this week.
He's planning to see his Mummy on Saturday morning, cant let her down! [emoji4]

His contract was up in the summer there wasn’t it?

Unless he’s working for free I’m guessing he signed a new deal and it went under the radar.
When is the last time an early bookies favourite actually became manager. Not worried in the least bit.
Getting the media to focus on McCall takes the spotlight off Shankland. 

More like when was the last time one of our managers was favourite to take a job at an other club?

That last part would make a hell of a lot of sense but I doubt this is part of a master plan on his part.

Quite evidently taken Ayr as far as he can to top of the second tier. Leaving on a high with good memories.

I don’t think he’d fancy another League 1 medal with Falkirk next season.

He’s already completed that league.

45 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

My worry is that you can sense he is frustrated with our home crowd numbers so far, whether justified or not.

I think he is too, but the fans hit his  target for season tickets, AU fund and opening game. Expecting another 500 to turn up last Saturday is a bit too much.

3 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

He would have to lose the plot completely to even entertain us, and should only do it if the salary is ridiculously big.

Sounds familiar 

1 hour ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

It's been repeated a lot, but it seems that it needs to be rammed into people's heads, that bookies odds don't really mean all that much.

Id only be concerned if he was favourite when bets are off, Ive a feeling we will be going down the McIntyre route but the McCall route would be received with more high 5s for the board than McIntyre and our board need a lot of them at the moment

Guest Back Post Misses
Id only be concerned if he was favourite when bets are off, Ive a feeling we will be going down the McIntyre route but the McCall route would be received with more high 5s for the board than McIntyre and our board need a lot of them at the moment

I have a feeling it will be McCall’s job if he wants it

Guest Back Post Misses

Don’t think he would want it! He has built something here and won’t leave until asked to do so by the board that’s his own words

Ok. I witnessed him in 2003 saying he would only leave Falkirk for the OF. That was an August night in BTW pub in Falkirk.

5 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Don’t think he would want it! He has built something here and won’t leave until asked to do so by the board that’s his own words

Managers always come away with empty rhetoric to make the fans feel better.

Not saying he will or won't leave, but I wouldn't hang on a single word any manager says. Ever.

1 minute ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Jim McIntyre will be the new Falkirk manager

McCall had every chance to distance himself from the job on Radio Scotland like Hughes did.....

Maybe the 2003 situation with us has stuck with him and he has learnt from experience not to rule anything out again.

If there is any unfinished business, Id say it was with us, two promotions and one relegation with Ayr versus half a season with us