The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

38 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

What did we take the last time up there?

I wouldn't have thought we'd have 1000 wanting to go. It's certainly not my cup of tea.

We sold out the 960 allocation in December 2014-ish. The the game we lost 2-1 where Forrest scored was a Tuesday night or something and we had about 400-500

Edited by AyrTroopMajor

I believe it was Thistle who put in the offer for Shankland and it was the same offer that Fylde made. Why bother? Or are they trying to appease their disgruntled support? 

How many do you think we will take to Palmerston tomorrow ? Hopefully about 600+

2 hours ago, Stan Quinn said:

I believe it was Thistle who put in the offer for Shankland and it was the same offer that Fylde made. Why bother? Or are they trying to appease their disgruntled support? 

How many do you think we will take to Palmerston tomorrow ? Hopefully about 600+

There's no chance that Thistle could offer that fee for him. We've been struggling to get players in and fill the bench. 

Watching the scenes unfolding at Falkirk & Morton it makes me appreciate Ayr all the more.

We've kept Shankland & McCall and the club has kept us informed. I honestly can't remember feeling so chuffed with the club. 

Let's show our appreciation tomorrow! 

Watching the scenes unfolding at Falkirk & Morton it makes me appreciate Ayr all the more.
We've kept Shankland & McCall and the club has kept us informed. I honestly can't remember feeling so chuffed with the club. 
Morton turning into the second shambles of a club this week, do we not play Morton after the international break or am I thinking of Falkirk

19 minutes ago, rb123! said:
56 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Morton turning into the second shambles of a club this week, do we not play Morton after the international break or am I thinking of Falkirk

It's Falkirk. 

Screenshot_20180831-175548_BBC Sport.jpg

It's not just Falkirk and Morton, so many clubs in this league seem under prepared or not happy with the manager or board, lets hope we can get plenty of points on the board before they start getting there act together.

C’mon, we’ve been anticipating all this ‘knicker wetting’ stuff for years. Will they, won’t they? Naw!

McCall has built a team he wants and Shankland is our ‘talisman’ until the end of the season (hopefully). Both have both said they owe Ayr United a debt of gratitude. 

We are a championship side that will put the fear into, so called ‘bigger’ teams. 

Been a long time that we’ve had confidence this high and long may it continue. 

Ps Hursty, what’s the bet? Made a fair few bob off your predictions. 

17 minutes ago, Waniche said:

C’mon, we’ve been anticipating all this ‘knicker wetting’ stuff for years. Will they, won’t they? Naw!

McCall has built a team he wants and Shankland is our ‘talisman’ until the end of the season (hopefully). Both have both said they owe Ayr United a debt of gratitude. 

We are a championship side that will put the fear into, so called ‘bigger’ teams. 

Been a long time that we’ve had confidence this high and long may it continue. 

Ps Hursty, what’s the bet? Made a fair few bob off your predictions. 

I've backed Shankland and Dobbie both to score anytime at 7/1. A couple of my pals have £50+ on Dobbie and Shankland both to score 2 or more - i put a very small stake on that one too as i was scared to miss out! It's went from 125/1 to 66/1 haha.  

7 minutes ago, Hursty said:

I've backed Shankland and Dobbie both to score anytime at 7/1. A couple of my pals have £50+ on Dobbie and Shankland both to score 2 or more - i put a very small stake on that one too as i was scared to miss out! It's went from 125/1 to 66/1 haha.  

Cheers buddy. I went 1-2, both players to score and Ayr win. If only there was a bet that could see Ayr away supporters beating season ticket holders at home. Don’t think it will be long until 1k Ayr fans are travelling (albeit not too far north)