The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Well, I'm certainly not going to hit panic mode after one very poor performance and one very poor result. Two weeks back if offered a point against Dunfermline and a point against Queens I'd have taken it, however we're 1 point better off than that as we stand, with one wonderful performance and result and one woeful performance and result, so nothing lost only gained as far as I'm concerned.

Again, if yesterday is our true level then what does that say about Partick & Dunfermline ? 

No, well done to QOS and Dobbie for blowing us away but I'm still in the glass half full camp. 

Football fans are of course in general very fickle, however I'm not going to blame anyone or write anyone off after one bad result, I'm pretty sure the nature of this league will see teams hammer each other week in, week out with no realistic form guides, look at Dundee Utd, they were getting hailed as being "back" after last weeks performance but then draw 1-1 with part time Alloa, so I think it's just a case as take each week as it comes, treat every match as a cup final and then see where we end up at the end of the season.

Joint 3rd in the league after 4 matches and a league cup quarter final at Ibrox to look forward to, so no doubt it's good times at Somerset and yesterdays result won't take any of the gloss from our start for me.

Come on Ayr !!!

The bubble was always going to burst but it exploded today. 
Kerr and Harvie both lost their heads. Harvie will definitely need to sit on the bench once he serves his suspension that was so stupid today!
I would also probably drop Kerr, move Crawford into the middle and play McDaid on the left against Falkirk.

No way Kerr should be dropped after one poor game.

Were you not wanting geggan dropped before he had a bad game?

Personally i think it depends on the game. There are obviously midfields out there that can nullify him and others less so. I hope McCall uses him wisely and gives both doc and Crawford their chances in the middle.

McCall was harsh on harvie in the interview, and it sounds like the boy's maybe got a bit of an attitude issue. I reckon the manager will probably be one of the best in the country at handling that but we'll have to see.

Doohan held his hands up for the first, and rightly so. And I thought it was a dive for the second. 2-0 and we've got a mountain to climb. It seems like we just buckled after that.

I suppose I'd rather have the bubble burst in that fashion rather than losing a late goal against the run of play. Those ones really sting.

Roll on Falkirk. We're still comfortably better off than anyone could've dreamed of.

Were you not wanting geggan dropped before he had a bad game?

Personally i think it depends on the game. There are obviously midfields out there that can nullify him and others less so. I hope McCall uses him wisely and gives both doc and Crawford their chances in the middle.

McCall was harsh on harvie in the interview, and it sounds like the boy's maybe got a bit of an attitude issue. I reckon the manager will probably be one of the best in the country at handling that but we'll have to see.

Doohan held his hands up for the first, and rightly so. And I thought it was a dive for the second. 2-0 and we've got a mountain to climb. It seems like we just buckled after that.

I suppose I'd rather have the bubble burst in that fashion rather than losing a late goal against the run of play. Those ones really sting.

Roll on Falkirk. We're still comfortably better off than anyone could've dreamed of.

I wanted Geggan dropped because both Smith and Harvie are better players and more suited to our style of play.

Kerr is our best midfielder imo and don’t think one poor half is enough to drop him considering how well he’s played so far this season.

Yesterday hurt but to be honest we needed to have a reality check. Far too many people were getting carried away. Yes we can dream but time to be realistic. The ref was abysmal but credit to QoS, their fans and the pubs of Dumfries we all crammed into. 

One other dull note was on about 3 occasions our own fans started on each other. It’s Ayr United, not Ayr Divided! 

24 minutes ago, Waniche said:

One other dull note was on about 3 occasions our own fans started on each other. It’s Ayr United, not Ayr Divided! 

Well said, we should be respectful of one another and behind the team.

Out of curiosity what were the subjects of disagreement?

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I should have been a bit clearer, it's a bit of Kerr had a bad game and Crawford is a waste on the left wing. The number of times  we come forward down the left only for Crawford to drift inside leaving Harvie with no easy option.

I'd rather McDaid is on the left as we have more threat. If Crawford starts he should be in CM.

So someone in the midfield needs to make way. So it's Kerr or Murdoch.

7 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Well said, we should be respectful of one another and behind the team.

Out of curiosity what were the subjects of disagreement?

Tbh think I was just frustration and then a wee bit more anger when the 5th was scored. Does anybody know if the fan got lifted or just put out the ground?

2 minutes ago, Waniche said:

Tbh think I was just frustration and then a wee bit more anger when the 5th was scored. Does anybody know if the fan got lifted or just put out the ground?

Every chance he'll be in until tomorrow.

I reckon it was the pink strip.    

Might not have made that much of a difference in the end, but that first penalty is hilarious.  Hard to know why we were so off the pace after conceding 1 goal from free play in 9 matches, but we did look all over the place on that playing surface.  The fat wage thief Harkins scoring was probably the least surprising part of the day.  

Edited by Mgc1910

2 hours ago, Waniche said:

Harkins scoring was a bit too much for some.  His conduct during his time at Ayr was an absolute disgrace, but I guess we just have to move on and value what we have rather than get bogged down in the past.

2 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:

Harkins scoring was a bit too much for some.  His conduct during his time at Ayr was an absolute disgrace, but I guess we just have to move on and value what we have rather than get bogged down in the past.

If you watch the AU Media interviews Naismith said that Harkins took pelters before the game and has never said a bad word about Ayr. However watching his celebration scoring says differently. 

If you watch the AU Media interviews Naismith said that Harkins took pelters before the game and has never said a bad word about Ayr. However watching his celebration scoring says differently. 

I don’t think it does. Harkins is a well known wind up and thrives on the kind of atmosphere that we created. It was an absolute certainty he would score and an even bigger certainty he would celebrate in front of us. There was nothing malicious in his celebration.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t think it does. Harkins is a well known wind up and thrives on the kind of atmosphere that we created. It was an absolute certainty he would score and an even bigger certainty he would celebrate in front of us. There was nothing malicious in his celebration.

Yes there was nothing malicious in the celebration. Quite funny but the celebration for the 5th was disturbing. 

Took some time to think out what went wrong

two centre backs from them totally dominated our front two never giving an inch

Pushing shoving niggly fouls. Our back two went after you Claud the whole half and got destroyed, I thought Rose had come on a lot but he was bullied the whole half he was on and being substituted will set him back a long way.

as for the fat boy who  ran the whole midfield there manger said Duffy was responsible for his transformation and just emphasised on his fitness when he got him he was different class, clearly McCall let him away with his fitness at Ayr and that's how he was crap.

We were fortunate not to come out with a full scalping and as for  Harvie  I think there left back showed what we could have got ,the boy Harvie as I said before we signed him can't defend, only good thing is McCall has realised that now in his comments and we won't see him again at left back for a long time I'd play the boy Ecrepont before him and I hope McCall  takes a chance and puts him in the Falkirk game.