The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

From Partick website:
"An interim management team of Gerry and Head of the Youth Academy, Scott Allison, will take charge of the team for Saturday’s game and until an appointment has been made."
There's no match next Saturday for the internationals so are they in charge for the next two weeks [emoji23]

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

There's no match next Saturday for the internationals so are they in charge for the next two weeks emoji23.png

Partick Thistle are at home to Dundee United next saturday for some reason. No other Championship games though.

On 02/10/2018 at 14:37, WATTOO said:

do we want to kick on when we have the chance and even possibly sell a prized asset further down the line for a decent 6 figure sum ?

You can count the number of times an SPFL club not called Celtic has gotten a transfer fee from anyone in the last five years on one hand, and in most of those cases the fucking buyer was Celtic.

I very much doubt that players who were enjoying February trips to Forfar this time last year are going to be itching for a move away should the impossible happen at the end of this season. If McCall wants to keep the side together in that even I'd be very surprised if there were any dissent, with Shankland as the obvious exception. Even then, promotion is literally the only hope of keeping him unless Calvin Ayre decides to buy him a boat or something.

Anyway, there's zero chance of McCall going to Thistle, though two more weeks of wild speculation about how great he is while Ayr sit top of the league during the international break isn't going to hurt club morale.

4 minutes ago, Thumper said:

You can count the number of times an SPFL club not called Celtic has gotten a transfer fee from anyone in the last five years on one hand, and in most of those cases the fucking buyer was Celtic.

I very much doubt that players who were enjoying February trips to Forfar this time last year are going to be itching for a move away should the impossible happen at the end of this season. If McCall wants to keep the side together in that even I'd be very surprised if there were any dissent, with Shankland as the obvious exception. Even then, promotion is literally the only hope of keeping him unless Calvin Ayre decides to buy him a boat or something.

Anyway, there's zero chance of McCall going to Thistle, though two more weeks of wild speculation about how great he is while Ayr sit top of the league during the international break isn't going to hurt club morale.

I have to admit that even although it is torture hoping our most vaunted stay, I actually love all the attention we receive.

2 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I have to admit that even although it is torture hoping our most vaunted stay, I actually love all the attention we receive.

Pretty sure Ayr are now officially Chick Young's fake favourite team, based on the number of times he's been at Somerset this season. Didn't even need to buy a new scarf.

11 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Pretty sure Ayr are now officially Chick Young's fake favourite team, based on the number of times he's been at Somerset this season. Didn't even need to buy a new scarf.

He certainly likes the ground, wish County were visiting us in a fortnight, that would be a busy day.

15 hours ago, Allanaufc said:

In hospitality today, spoke with Graeme miller, if we do get promoted no need to move, would need improvements but good enough for championship good enough for SPL

I think this was discussed earlier, but did I read it’s just a bronze license that’s needed for the top flight. i.e. no actual seating requirements (at least 6k and all that crap) etc?

2 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

I think this was discussed earlier, but did I read it’s just a bronze license that’s needed for the top flight. i.e. no actual seating requirements (at least 6k and all that crap) etc?

Yes.  

Just now, itzdrk said:

Yes.  

Cheers. Do you know why they stepped away from the previous (ridiculous) requirements? It’s a fairly sizeable change in approach.  It passed me by at the time (not like top flight football will be bothering Airdrie anytime soon after all). 

15 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Don't worry McCall can't take the Partick job  let's just say he had to leave Partick a few years back it had nothing to do with football

Must have had something to do with Ladbrokes and being nearer to the Gold cup venue. 

McCall talking to Falkirk worried me at the time because he'd always said this would be his last job in management. Unless he was being polite and just spoke to them long enough to say no obviously. 

Thistle are obviously a club close to him but I still think he'll be at Ayr beyond the end of this season. 

1 hour ago, Airdrie76 said:

Cheers. Do you know why they stepped away from the previous (ridiculous) requirements? It’s a fairly sizeable change in approach.  It passed me by at the time (not like top flight football will be bothering Airdrie anytime soon after all). 

The absolute state of our game where a sensible change is made to the legislation and people still ask, in good faith, what could possibly have prompted it.

Anyway, of course it wasn't a benevolent decision by the top tier: it was forced on them by the rest of the League during the SPFL merge.

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

What length is the gaffer's contract? Is he still on a year to year? 

If that.

Edited by Thumper

5 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

McCall talking to Falkirk worried me at the time because he'd always said this would be his last job in management. Unless he was being polite and just spoke to them long enough to say no obviously. 

Thistle are obviously a club close to him but I still think he'll be at Ayr beyond the end of this season. 

I think McCall could be at Ayr for as long as he wanted to stay, he has a  really good relationship with Lachlan Cameron.

24 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Agree. Ironically Lachlan proving to be a very very good chairman of our club, despite the abuse he got through the lean times.

There is no doubt Lachlan has been a good custodian in that he has stopped us falling into the hands of charlatans. That can't be disputed.

However, some of his decision making has been horrific since he owned us and pushed us backwards. He was rightly criticised by myself and others.

It's all water under the bridge now, given how improved we seem to be on and off the pitch. It is ironic how fickle us football fans are though!

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

However, some of his decision making has been horrific since he owned us and pushed us backwards. He was rightly criticised by myself and others.

Seems like an uniquely self-serving argument. What were the decisions that "pushed us backwards"?

2 minutes ago, wuffster said:

Seems like an uniquely self-serving argument. What were the decisions that "pushed us backwards"?

Seriously? For a start:

Not doing his due diligence and missing a bill from the tax man when he took us over. Might have been his dad tbf. Leading to austerity and jobbers from the juniors playing for us and managing us.

Renewing Mark Roberts contract when it was clear he was out of his depth.

Outsourcing the club shop and hospitality.

I could go on... 

As I said, I commend him for keeping us going and out of the hands of charlatans. However, his decision making has always been short term and the club has suffered because of it.