The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

10 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Baird is RB/CB and Thorburn is predominately LB, but can fill in at CB

Baird and Thorburn were the central defensive pairing for most of the season just finished. 

7 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

I get the comparison with Shankland with Nisbet but he did hee haw against QotS after our last experience with him Dunfermline can have him

Shankland also...

I would take a punt on Nisbet. You could see he had ability last time around but couldn’t do it consistently or often enough in games. His attitude wasn’t right but still had some leeway as youth on his side. His goal tally last season is remarkable as I expect Raith are still a piss poor team 

On 26/05/2019 at 11:32, Waniche said:

He has an option of another year but thinking about hanging up his boots, said he’ll make a decision once he’s back from holiday. My other cousin has just got engaged to Grant Hanley.......if only I could persuade them to play in the black and white.....not Newcastle lol. 

Darval are talking about Boyd Conway and Bryson signing

And I think there actually being serious 

19 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

And you know this how exactly?

Actually not saw any off you on there page

Tell you what if either Craig Bryson, Kris Boyd or Craig Conway sign for Darvel I will give £50 to a charity of your choice, likewise you can do the same if none of them sign? 

Im not a complete simpleton so stay away from the junior threads. 

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Tell you what if either Craig Bryson, Kris Boyd or Craig Conway sign for Darvel I will give £50 to a charity of your choice, likewise you can do the same if none of them sign? 

Im not a complete simpleton so stay away from the junior threads. 

I never said they were signing

I said there talkimg about them signing

Big difference 

5 hours ago, RedEd said:

Baird and Thorburn were the central defensive pairing for most of the season just finished. 

To be fair I’ve not seen Thorburn play for about a year now. When I was covering the Academy you’d never have thought there was a centre half in him, he was very good at left back. That’s him 20 now so will be interesting to see if he’s in and around our first team squad or whether he may go out on loan. I’d love to to see him Baird and Murphy maybe get out on loan to either a League 1/2 team (Annan possibly with the Murphy connection) for the first half of the season to see how ready they are for senior football.