The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

If Boyd signs and it's a big if he not going to be doing much running or tracking back but we are going to have you guys like Murdoch who covers miles each game, Forrest, McCowan, Crawford (hopefully) McGuffie and whoever else might come in doing all the running for him his job will be to do what he's done consistently for a lot of years and put the ball in the net or knock it down for the lads supporting him plus the young guys will get a top class finisher to learn from, thinking about this I can see where McCall is coming from but I can't see it happening.

It’s not the Killie thing that would put me off Boyd, it’s the fact he’d be in the media daily slevering over The Rangers. I have no desire to see that.
This. Plus the killie thing DOES put me off!

We've been down the has-been route before it doesn't work. Rather get a young hungry player on loan or released from a bigger team to try and do a Shankland.

This. Plus the killie thing DOES put me off!

We've been down the has-been route before it doesn't work. Rather get a young hungry player on loan or released from a bigger team to try and do a Shankland.
I think we need both TBH a young guy with something to prove like Shanks and an older experienced pro like Boyd or Doolan Moff is not going to score 15 to 20 and McCowan is likely to start Infront of him now Moore if he resigns has lot to prove ideally in the attack I'd like to see Moff, Moore, older experienced pro, and some one like Shankland and McCowan.

I think we need both TBH a young guy with something to prove like Shanks and an older experienced pro like Boyd or Doolan Moff is not going to score 15 to 20 and McCowan is likely to start Infront of him now Moore if he resigns has lot to prove ideally in the attack I'd like to see Moff, Moore, older experienced pro, and some one like Shankland and McCowan.
I would get rid of Moffat too tbh. Great servant for the club but for the striker positions you need pace. I know there are always exceptions like Mark Roberts and Dobbie etc but I would rather see younger players up front. Rest of the team I'm all for having experience in it though.

I would get rid of Moffat too tbh. Great servant for the club but for the striker positions you need pace. I know there are always exceptions like Mark Robert's and Dobbie etc but I would rather see younger players up front. Rest of the team I'm all for having experience in it though.
McCall said last night if Moff re-signs he's going to have to accept he's not a guaranteed starter any more McCowan looks in pole position to play that no10 role now but I still think Moff has something to offer from the bench.

I would get rid of Moffat too tbh. Great servant for the club but for the striker positions you need pace. I know there are always exceptions like Mark Roberts and Dobbie etc but I would rather see younger players up front. Rest of the team I'm all for having experience in it though. 

Shankland didn’t have a great deal of pace tbh.

We can’t afford to just let players as good as Moffat leave. If he wants a move then fine but if he’s willing to stay he should absolutely be given a contract.

McCall said last night if Moff re-signs he's going to have to accept he's not a guaranteed starter any more McCowan looks in pole position to play that no10 role now but I still think Moff has something to offer from the bench.

All depends on our squad size. If you go for a smaller squad you want players that are going to be fit and playing. Older players tend to pick up more injuries. I would maybe keep Moffat though he has been great for Ayr.

Shankland didn’t have a great deal of pace tbh.

We can’t afford to just let players as good as Moffat leave. If he wants a move then fine but if he’s willing to stay he should absolutely be given a contract.
Yeah fair enough. He did look shattered towards the end of the season but wasn't the only one. He's been one of the best players for Ayr in the last 10 years so probably deserves a bit of loyalty. Could become a good super sub to bring on last 20 minutes.

Could the centre half we are close to signing be Tom Lang? He was mentioned a while back on the Facebook page. 

He crossed my mind last night when McCall mentioned him although I think Falkirk are after him as well as other clubs.

Moffat had a much better season than I expected so not sure why he’s being written off. Likewise McCowan had a few decent games but still a lot more to do and learn if he’s wanting to start each week

1 hour ago, AyrExile said:

Moffat had a much better season than I expected so not sure why he’s being written off. Likewise McCowan had a few decent games but still a lot more to do and learn if he’s wanting to start each week

100%