The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

The grass (pardon the pun) isn't always greener with moving to a new state of the art all seater stadium. For every success story in Scotland there's been a few abject failures, such as Clyde, Airdrie, Raith & even Dumbarton aren't exactly reaping the benefits (whatever they may be).

Somerset, although rather long in the tooth has recently had our stands re-roofed, we've had the new floodlights installed and just recently the perimeter wall replaced and of course the turnstiles and ticketing is now being upgraded. As such I think we've got a decent enough stadium which is currently more than fit for purpose and basically if we could get the playing surface back to the way it was a few years ago, then everything would be perfect as far as I'm concerned.

You can take yer plastic seat and strawberry frosted donut and ram it right up yer jacksy !!!!

Pie & Bovril old school for me, all the way.............

McDaid has rejected a new deal. Will be interesting to see where he ends up. Genuinely don’t see him going to a Dundee/Dundee Utd type in this league, too inconsistent. 

Dunfermline maybe.

3 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
13 minutes ago, D said:
McDaid is gone

Not to fussed when he was good he was very good but when he was bad we'd be as well with 10 men, time for young McGuffie to grasp his chance.

Totally this.

He went missing far too often and rarely did he actually beat his man. He often flattered to deceive as he looked "a player" to the casual observer but for those who watched him week in week out, I think most of us would agree that he will be no great loss.

Like lots of players he looked good when he had time and space against the likes of Dundee Utd & Dunfermline, however when it was a tight game and he was being marked, then he found it very hard to get involved.

I wish him all the best but as I say I'm not even sure I'd have offered him a new contract in any case.

An in-form McDaid will be a huge miss, but most of the time he just cut inside and sliced a right-footed shot into the crowd or into someone's garden on Somerset Road. All the best to him but I think he will struggle to find a better gig than he had at Somerset.

Not to fussed when he was good he was very good but when he was bad we'd be as well with 10 men, time for young McGuffie to grasp his chance.
We've been saying that about Forrest for the last three seasons and he still hasn't grasped it.

McDaid away to Livingston apparently, wouldn't be surprised if that's where Crawford ended up aswell.

Another example of a club with a thousand fans who can compete in the premiership easily, just saying.

13 minutes ago, rb123! said:
28 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

We've been saying that about Forrest for the last three seasons and he still hasn't grasped it.

I don't think that's fair.

Forrest was one of our best players last season before he got injured and unlike McDaid he does have an end product and does get involved. As far as I'm concerned Forrest is a key player in our whole passing and possession style, however McDaid always seemed like he was a "stand alone" sort who was a bit of a wildcard type where on his day he could offer you that pace and something a little different, however he just wasn't consistent enough and as such I think we can easily live without him.

32 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
43 minutes ago, D said:
McDaid is gone

McGuffie showed absoulotely  nothing in league 1 to suggest he’s good enough for this level. 

If he’s a regular starter next season then we might as well prepare for league 1. 

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I don't think that's fair.

Forrest was one of our best players last season before he got injured and unlike McDaid he does have an end product and does get involved. As far as I'm concerned Forrest is a key player in our whole passing and possession style, however McDaid always seemed like he was a "stand alone" sort who was a bit of a wildcard type where on his day he could offer you that pace and something a little different, however he just wasn't consistent enough and as such I think we can easily live without him.

In all honesty, if we've a wide player that doesn't fit that phrase I'd like to see him, we must be keeping him in the cupboard so nobody else signs him, we've about 6 that play wide and if you just counted their good games as one player it would still read as inconsistent.