The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

13 minutes ago, rb123! said:

According to someone on the SRE McCall has said for the AP tomorrow he has a significantly reduced budget compared to last season.

If that is the case then WTF is that all about, serious questions have to be answered, should be a bigger budget. If this turns out to be true i'd be surprised if McCall is still manager come August and people will start turning on board and Cameron.

Same poster who is going on about Boyd scoring for fun, the same Boyd who scored 2 last season. 

Well, the Ayrshire Post is a depressing read. McCall has been handed a VASTLY reduced budget. 

Mccall admits he’s way short of where we need to be but won’t be panicked into signings. The teams we are competing with can substantially more money than us. 

12 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Well, the Ayrshire Post is a depressing read. McCall has been handed a VASTLY reduced budget. 

Mccall admits he’s way short of where we need to be but won’t be panicked into signings. The teams we are competing with can substantially more money than us. 

Is that an exact quote?

Good way to sell season tickets

It’s not McCalls job to sell season tickets.

Until either Cameron or the board confirms it I’m not buying the budget chat from McCall. I’m not ready to get into a panic just yet.

Call it nicker wetting or whatever but going by what has allegedly been said by McCall i think we're in a bad place for next season and until some half decent signings are made i will continue to have that opinion.  Yes the core bulk of last seasons squad has stayed but it's the brilliant players which made the difference from mid table to play offs which have left. Personally, if we were to be in a scrap down the lower end of the league next season i'd accept it because it's where we should be with the financial backing we receive. Unfortunately though i think a lot of supporters will expect a team again as good as last season, which i can't see happening.

Hope i'm proved wrong and McCall can use some of his magic in the market to unearth some gems!

*if it turns out this isn't true about what McCall has said then ignore all of this haha

Edited by rb123!

19 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

He's just emphasising what he already said about our reduced budget, the vast majority on here just chose to ignore the fact that he actually mentioned it weeks ago.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

It’s not McCalls job to sell season tickets.

Until either Cameron or the board confirms it I’m not buying the budget chat from McCall. I’m not ready to get into a panic just yet.

E9FFE7CC-E2AE-4984-A302-304AE4821561.jpeg

Mental to think Shankland, Rose, Smith and Crawford, our top 4 paid players last year (you would imagine so) are away, on the back of our best season in 10/20 years and the following seasons we’re on a “vastly reduced budget”. Something doesn’t smell right.

1 minute ago, railwayend said:

The budget has been reduced from last year by £175,000 . Pretty grave situation I think .

That's about the difference in the prize money  between 3rd & 4th was it not. Did we overspend last season and have to make up for it next...

18 minutes ago, placidcasual said:
25 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:
Either that or he has a different opinion to yours. 

If he fancies there should be some sort of public enquiry into our playing budget being reduced then yes, he certainly does.

That's your opinion and I agree with it. However fans do have the right to be anxious right now, making one signing with 3 weeks to when the season is starting plus the uncertainty of our budget will make some fans annoyed and anxious.

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

Mental to think Shankland, Rose, Smith and Crawford, our top 4 paid players last year (you would imagine so) are away, on the back of our best season in 10/20 years and the following seasons we’re on a “vastly reduced budget”. Something doesn’t smell right.

Don’t say things like that. You’ll get accused of knicker wetting.