The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Comments from Raith Rovers chairman are interesting.  Still struggle to see how that phased approach is financially viable.  Most clubs at our level start to struggle if we have a bad winter and see 3 or 4 home games postponed.

Just now, ryanayr1987 said:

I just found it strange that they announced the strip with the imminent hashtag! I was thinking we maybe had someone on PCA from earlier in the year!

It’s certainly just the strip that’s imminent 

22 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

As much as I wanted Partick relegated as a GIRFUY to McCall, with a game in hand they’ve a right to be aggrieved. It’s been one farce after another and as usual it makes Scottish football look tinpot, but now is the time to draw a line under Hearts, Partick and Stranraer and lets get clubs prepared for the upcoming season.

The problem is for us and Stranraer it doesn’t look like there will be an upcoming season 

Michael Rose linked with Leeds today. Sizeable figures are the demands from Coventry fans on twitter and their forum if he is sold. We apparently have a sell on fee which could come in handy in the current climate. 
What kind of figures are they talking about?

5 minutes ago, rb123! said:
1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:
Michael Rose linked with Leeds today. Sizeable figures are the demands from Coventry fans on twitter and their forum if he is sold. We apparently have a sell on fee which could come in handy in the current climate. 

What kind of figures are they talking about?

Well, if Scott McKenna is worth 6 million....

On 15/06/2020 at 10:13, WATTOO said:

The longer this relegation saga is dragging on, the less time I'm having for the likes of Partick, initially I thought it was pretty unfair / unfortunate, however the fact remains that they were bottom of the league for virtually the entire season and had ample opportunity to escape, especially as they splashed the cash in January, the fact remains however that they were incapable of doing so and as a result have paid the price.

There is no conspiracy, nobody is "kicking anyone when they're down", nobody is "settling old scores" and this whole whingeing episode from Hearts and Thistle is now becoming both tedious and rather embarrassing for all concerned.

Get them down and let's draw a line under this shambolic episode.

I agree we were absolutely rubbish (though I think QOS were equally awful)

Don’t think under the circumstances we have been tedious at all with our moaning.  We have only appeared in the media a few times. The demotion of 2 points behind with a game in hand is unfair under any circumstances. I’d say that’s worse than the hearts relegation.  If it had happened to Ayr I do believe Lachlan would have had a moan. Most of us kind of reluctantly accepted we now need to just get on with it in league 1.

hearts also know at some point they will be playing this year and though they will have a severe financial hit will survive.  We may now be in a scenario where we might not be able to play next season if the league goes into mothball in which case will we survive - I don’t know but the very existence of hearts has not been threatened in the same way that ours could be.  Again if it happened to any other club including Ayr then their chairman and fans would rightfully be having a moan too.

hopefully though the league one and two rumours of mothballing are just that rumours and come to nothing.  

7 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Well, if Scott McKenna is worth 6 million....

True, Rose only has a year left on his contract but still Leeds are possibly going to become a premier league team. 

Even if we've got 5% on the sell on of say £6 million for example, £300,000 to us would be a game changer. If we got that amount from any sell on it would be interesting what the club would do with that, if it just went towards players budgets or if it was used for improving Somerset. Use it to cover the North Terracing and call it the Michael Rose stand lol

I’m sure the Championship, L1 and L2 down South called it as it is and promoted those in an automatic spot meaning Leeds are already up.

Given Rose isn’t proven at Championship level yet, albeit I think he could easily play there, I think he’ll probably go for a smaller 7 figure fee which would still get us a decent sum if the sell on clause does indeed exist. Can’t see it being anymore than 5-10% though.

Never going to happen however their fans are wanting 5-10 million (current climate figures they are quoting which is pie and the sky). Need to find the website article for when he signed as I’m sure it did say on that.  

I agree we were absolutely rubbish (though I think QOS were equally awful)
Don’t think under the circumstances we have been tedious at all with our moaning.  We have only appeared in the media a few times. The demotion of 2 points behind with a game in hand is unfair under any circumstances. I’d say that’s worse than the hearts relegation.  If it had happened to Ayr I do believe Lachlan would have had a moan. Most of us kind of reluctantly accepted we now need to just get on with it in league 1.
hearts also know at some point they will be playing this year and though they will have a severe financial hit will survive.  We may now be in a scenario where we might not be able to play next season if the league goes into mothball in which case will we survive - I don’t know but the very existence of hearts has not been threatened in the same way that ours could be.  Again if it happened to any other club including Ayr then their chairman and fans would rightfully be having a moan too.
hopefully though the league one and two rumours of mothballing are just that rumours and come to nothing.  

I agree with most of this, however, if null and void was a non starter I just don’t see a way out . This terrible, short term, restructuring is just not the answer sorry.

I had a look to see what I could see and found this from local paper in Coventry from when he signed which mentions a sell on.  Sure I remember McCall saying 5% at some point.  All seemed strange as we wouldn't have been due anything or in any position to demand it was added which makes me still worry about whether it actually exists haha

Screenshot_20200616-121539_Chrome.thumb.jpg.af13a5f038ad8fd4433478d6e9573a52.jpg

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m sure the Championship, L1 and L2 down South called it as it is and promoted those in an automatic spot meaning Leeds are already up.

Given Rose isn’t proven at Championship level yet, albeit I think he could easily play there, I think he’ll probably go for a smaller 7 figure fee which would still get us a decent sum if the sell on clause does indeed exist. Can’t see it being anymore than 5-10% though.

English Championship restarts this week. My mate works in the control room at Brentford so is one of the lucky few to see a game!

14 minutes ago, rb123! said:

True, Rose only has a year left on his contract but still Leeds are possibly going to become a premier league team. 

Even if we've got 5% on the sell on of say £6 million for example, £300,000 to us would be a game changer. If we got that amount from any sell on it would be interesting what the club would do with that, if it just went towards players budgets or if it was used for improving Somerset. Use it to cover the North Terracing and call it the Michael Rose stand lol

Have to love Ayr fans...we always seem to go off the deep end one way or another!!  We’ve gone from a vague rumour to building The Michael Rose Stand.  

7 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Have to love Ayr fans...we always seem to go off the deep end one way or another!!  We’ve gone from a vague rumour to building The Michael Rose Stand.  

I was being somewhat sarcastic trying to create humour in these depressing times without any football.

300k would give us (on a shortened season) approx £7500 a week in wages which is a big chunk of the squad covered.Even if it is only 50k it probably covers 2 players wages. If it does happen it would be before our season starts so should give us a chance to boost the squad, tbf any money coming in is a bonus this season

Edited by honestly united

English Championship restarts this week. My mate works in the control room at Brentford so is one of the lucky few to see a game!

Must just have been L1 and L2 they finished.