The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

21 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I actually rate Gregor Buchanan a lot. Would happily have him at Ayr. 

Possibly the first time I’ve ever agreed with you. He’s far from being a cart horse, and before his move to Falkirk thought he’d always looked very capable at Championship level.

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Rohan Ferguson on trial at Falkirk so if he’s signing it won’t be anytime soon.

Really think the rest of the additions will be players not mentioned on here. Drinan maybe being the exception.

If that’s the case then I’m almost certain Ferguson wasn’t the keeper Kerr was talking about in advertiser. From the quotes it sounded like a deal was done for a keeper and was due being announced this week. 

If that’s the case then I’m almost certain Ferguson wasn’t the keeper Kerr was talking about in advertiser. From the quotes it sounded like a deal was done for a keeper and was due being announced this week. 

Yeah that’s what I thought. Still think it’ll be another loan.

3 hours ago, rb123! said:

Daily Record stating Alston knocked back interest from us and Partick Thistle.

Falkirk must have been offering him stupid money cause he's miles better than league 1.

Hopefully Alston wasn't one of the players Kerr was meaning in his interview which he was hoping to get signed soon.

I very much doubt it’s stupid money we’ve offered. No disrespect but with our ST holder numbers coupled with reduced (if any) away fan gates due to the pandemic we can probably match or better every championship side out with Dundee and Hearts. He’s also going back to somewhere he’s played 200+ games under a management team he’s played with. He mentioned in his interview that M&M showed the most interest consistently through lockdown which was a big factor for him during this time of uncertainty.

Edited by wee_bairn

5 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

We want  a strong Falkirk side next season.

I'm not sure whats worse the whining of Thistle moaning about self-interest or the Falkirk fans crowd wanking. On balance, I'd take Thistle back ahead of the Bairns.

4 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Andy Geggan is away according to his own Twitter.

sad wilfred mott GIF

Fairwell to Sir Andy, I will miss your tenacity and that goal against Killie! 👏

6 minutes ago, North British said:

Wish list = Hiadky , Hartley , McGinn and Drinan .... 

That’s the third or fourth time you’ve posted about Hladky. He was wanted by both half’s of the old firm. There is absoulotely no chance we or any other championship club is going to sign him.

55 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

That’s the third or fourth time you’ve posted about Hladky. He was wanted by both half’s of the old firm. There is absoulotely no chance we or any other championship club is going to sign him.

According to Czech media he has had offers from Legia Warsaw, Czech teams as well as interest from  other clubs in the UK including the old firm

I stand with Lloyd Christmas! (PJMort) - CougarBoard.com

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aaron Drinan scored 2 goals against Colchester in a pre season friendly tonight.

I hope he doesn’t do so well that we can’t get him back.

Ipswich signed a big unit freed by Portsmouth . One 6ft 5in target man called Olli Hawkins . Hopefully that means they have their target man . However Drinan is a player and at 22 he might just be arriving as a L1 class operator ,