The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Not burying my head in sand , I always believe that football and politics should not be mixed , no need to post political views on a football forum , what he said is not right but also has nothing to do with football , all you have done is promote his views to hundreds more people 

He's the chairman of a football club, so it has something to do with football.

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

He's the chairman of a football club, so it has something to do with football.

No it’s not , it’s his personal view , not a view of Ayr United , it’s a political view which has nothing to do with football 

3 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Move on yes , and of course it’s political , you posted the chairman’s political views on a football forum , to achieve what ? 

I didn’t post his political views. Trying to change the narrative of a white police officer kneeling on the neck of a black person until he died goes far beyond political viewpoints. 

To highlight his poor taste, it doesn’t exactly reflect well. 

Just now, Robbo63 said:

Off course it’s not , but political views are personal , and as I said politics and football should not be mixed 

Whether or not thats right isnt the issue. What I am saying is that you cant disassociate personal opinion from the club. If a player posts a personal opinion thats deemed racist, or unacceptable in some way, they're still liable to get into trouble for it.

Me... reading this threaddivertidos GIF

I personally come on here to get away from all this and have a natter about football. I doubt anyone on this thread would endorse the Chairman's retweet. Lets move on...

Back to junior jobbers...

Andy Leishman is not the answer between the sticks. He's the typical big fish in a small pond. That apart, he's had chances to turn pro and hasn't and I doubt that has changed.

As for the poster white knighting the two Rabs? 

Homer Simpson GIF

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d take Andy Leishman if it meant moving on from any political nonsense.

I can relate... still no though.

Anyone watching Lyon v Bayern? Its certainly looking like a PSG v Bayern final is in store. That'll be some match. Bayern are looking pretty invincible - commentators curse imminent!

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d take Andy Leishman if it meant moving on from any political nonsense.

Probably end up getting a goalie on loan from an english club down south, can't image us getting any GK on loan up here outwith Rangers or Celtic.

Middlesborough links seemed to be strong with Malley so might get someone from there who knows.

7 minutes ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

Hardly surprising a fan base who call rival supporters black b*****ds are rushing to defend racist views.

Back to League One with you... you utter fantasist5cd0746141908_giphy(2).gif.06c6a115849f284fdfdacdeaebfed086.gif

Edited by Trogdor

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

Move on yes , and of course it’s political , you posted the chairman’s political views on a football forum , to achieve what ? 

Cameron didn't express a view. He liked a tweet. Many people use the like facility as a bookmark. 

6 minutes ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

Hardly surprising a fan base who call rival supporters black b*****ds are rushing to defend racist views.

Oh ffs here we go, if we're going down that route at least we don't throw fake eyeballs at opposition players