The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Didn't realise Leon Murphy had left the club.

More to the point though that's 11 players we've lost and Kerr so far has signed 4 and indicating we'll only be signing another 3/4 max which takes us up to 7/8 coming in. I know times are tough but that's a worrying loss of 3/4 numbers to a squad which at many times last season could barely fill a bench as it was. 

Didn't realise Leon Murphy had left the club.

More to the point though that's 11 players we've lost and Kerr so far has signed 4 and indicating we'll only be signing another 3/4 max which takes us up to 7/8 coming in. I know times are tough but that's a worrying loss of 3/4 numbers to a squad which at many times last season could barely fill a bench as it was. 

Most of those guys don’t need direct replacements I.e Leon Murphy, Connor Malley and Grant Gillespie.

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Livi have a Dykes shaped hole to fill now so it may have got a bit harder to get someone in. 

Two players that are hit and miss at their clubs just now, Mikey Johnston and Stevie May ? Celtic have about 8 players who can play where he does, maybe a regular game is required somewhere. 

May is injured, but hasn't really kicked on since returning to Scotland, maybe he'll be sent out on loan but more than likely it would be to an east coast team. 

Marc McNulty, been on loan to Hibs, didn't really do much there, obviously isn't going to get a game at Reading, maybe out on loan again. 

These are some outrageous shouts!

4 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Livi have a Dykes shaped hole to fill now so it may have got a bit harder to get someone in. 

Two players that are hit and miss at their clubs just now, Mikey Johnston and Stevie May ? Celtic have about 8 players who can play where he does, maybe a regular game is required somewhere. 

May is injured, but hasn't really kicked on since returning to Scotland, maybe he'll be sent out on loan but more than likely it would be to an east coast team. 

Marc McNulty, been on loan to Hibs, didn't really do much there, obviously isn't going to get a game at Reading, maybe out on loan again. 

Seriously? 

Mikey Johnston plays regularly for Celtic's first team. Not sure if he is injured just now or out of favour but if he does go out on loan it wont be to the Scottish Championship.

Stevie May was playing every week (& scoring again) for St Johnstone before lockdown. He is not being sent to the Championship when fit either.

Marc McNulty was playing full internationals less than 12 months ago. If he comes back to Scotland he will get a Premier club no problem. 

These names are pretty ambitious to say the least! 

More left field for you all to wail about ! How about a lower league striker ,low cost option ? One Mark McGuigan , 37 goals in 70 games for Stenhousemuir , 6fr 4in but alas pushing 32 ...... I await the wee boys spitting fur episode that’ll be inbound . 

7 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I just presumed that was a massive whoosh by diegomarahenry in response to some of the many ridiculous suggestions we’ve had in the last few weeks.

Went for ones with a sniff of realism, Others on my list were Dembele at Celtic but I figured folk wouldn't want him due to his age and Glen Middleton. 

Good old humorless Skyline drifter in before any bites to ruin it. 

48 minutes ago, North British said:

More left field for you all to wail about ! How about a lower league striker ,low cost option ? One Mark McGuigan , 37 goals in 70 games for Stenhousemuir , 6fr 4in but alas pushing 32 ...... I await the wee boys spitting fur episode that’ll be inbound . 

I’m just not sure it would translate to goals in the championship.  Is he not under contract too? I don’t see us paying a fee for him if he is. 

42 minutes ago, North British said:

Stop making shite suggestions and you won’t have “the wee boys spitting fur”. 

Don’t humour him, he’ll be back in a minute suggesting we sign Rory McAllister

11 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I’m just not sure it would translate to goals in the championship.  Is he not under contract too? I don’t see us paying a fee for him if he is. 

22 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Went for ones with a sniff of realism, Others on my list were Dembele at Celtic but I figured folk wouldn't want him due to his age and Glen Middleton. 

Good old humorless Skyline drifter in before any bites to ruin it. 

You didn't though. None of those are remotely realistic for a Championship side, other than conceivably Hearts I suppose. Dembele and Middleton would have been more realistic.

42 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Don’t think we can hope to land a lump that can score 20 plus in the Championship , those guys cost a lot of money . So either its a big unit that can lead the line and get our front three midfielders into goals while contributing a dozen or so himself  or Kerr could be pulling the wool and we’re after an up market Moore . I feel it’s the former rather than the latter . But who knows .

Kerr seems to be favouring younger players which is fine given the size of squad we have . So it may well be another young reserve from down south . Or perhaps Mr McCall who has two target men on his books at thistle would offer one in a swap for one of our talented young players who he most desperately wants , 

Was he not awful at Alloa? Pretty sure he was slated as he wasn’t interested 
He can't be doing too bad if celtic haven't punted him, certainly more realistic than other names being suggested in here. He's only 5ft 9 though so hardly the big target man we could do with

9 minutes ago, rb123! said:
10 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

He can't be doing too bad if celtic haven't punted him, certainly more realistic than other names being suggested in here. He's only 5ft 9 though so hardly the big target man we could do with

He’s highly thought of at Celtic, like barjones at rangers but he wasn’t great for Partick was he? 

if Aitchison came here to lead the line for us I’d want him giving 100%, I don’t think he did on loan at Alloa last year so what’s to say he will do for us.

14 minutes ago, rb123! said:
10 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

You still tried to say he was impressive at Alloa when he wasn’t? 

41 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You didn't though. None of those are remotely realistic for a Championship side, other than conceivably Hearts I suppose. Dembele and Middleton would have been more realistic.

Thats why I didn't go for them. I'm not sure what you are not getting here other than thinking that I think Ayr are in a position to loan these players. 

Mikey Johnston, needs games, unlikely to get a regular start at Celtic this year

Stevie May  has scored 21 goals since 2014, is on a big wage at St Johnstone that they, I imagine wouldn't want to carry if he is not playing or scoring goals

Marc McNulty, was reasonably poor at Hibs in his second loan spell, wont get a game for his parent club so will probably go out on loan. 

All three are Scottish players, all have a possibility of going out on loan this year for the reasons stated above and all I had to do was hint that we could get someone to make an arse of themselves by buying in to it. 

download.jpg.78a2266701dcec725ad6bfe4303dac36.jpg

Congratulations, I thought you had ruined it but you snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.