The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Think they just replaced him with a boy from Rodinghausen in the Regionalliga West in Germany, looks like that club got shafted by the Covid big time. 

They won their league but couldn't be promoted due to licensing issues. The standards for the 3rd Division are quite high. They lost their manager and a chunk of the squad following the decision not to apply for a licence.

17 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Think they just replaced him with a boy from Rodinghausen in the Regionalliga West in Germany, looks like that club got shafted by the Covid big time. 

Also just signed a defender from Monaco, Monaco to Livingston, jesus...poor guy won't know what has hit him

32 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Ross McCrorie must have been about 14 when he was at Ayr.

He was 17 but yeah seems like a long time ago . Any in that 21’s group we could get on loan ? The striker Fraser Hornsby at 6ft 5in fits the bill !,,, only kidding dudes only kidding ....

40 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Although he only played a couple of games, Partick fans liked Lewis Mayo iirc. Kerr is looking for a centre half and going by previous comments a loan or two from an OF club is quite likely.

I’d take him. I’d be expecting some signing news this week given in the Ayr Advertiser interview it sounded like a couple of players were imminent. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Although he only played a couple of games, Partick fans liked Lewis Mayo iirc. Kerr is looking for a centre half and going by previous comments a loan or two from an OF club is quite likely.

GK/Lewis Mayo/McGinn/Striker, the jigsaw is slowly coming together, perhaps....

GK/Lewis Mayo/McGinn/Striker, the jigsaw is slowly coming together, perhaps....

McGinn heading to Hibs it seems.

I think Reece Cole or Ray Grant are more realistic options. Got the fear we’ll end up with Barjonas.

31 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

McGinn is taking a coaching role at Hibs allegedly. 

Ffs who knows who we're going to end up with, seems like youngsters that's for sure, all the experienced options are pretty much gone now with McGinn going to Hibs. Ray Grant would be my preference, in saying that Cole has experience of this level so not sure actually, got mixed reviews at Partick although that was in a complete jobby team.

Edited by rb123!

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Ffs who knows who we're going to end up with, seems like youngsters that's for sure, all the experienced options are pretty much gone now with McGinn going to Hibs. Ray Grant would be my preference, in saying that Cole has experience of this level so not sure actually, got mixed reviews at Partick although that was in a complete jobby team.

I've had far more fun watching youngsters in recent seasons than I have watching journeyman for the previous few decades, departing legends excepted.

Edited by ayrmad

I've had far more fun watching youngsters in recent seasons than I have watching journeyman for the previous few decades, departing legends excepted.
Aye I wasn't meaning journeymen more half decent pros at like around 30

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

If McGinn has slipped the net it would explain how we have went from three to four inbound ! Perhaps it’s four younger players now . Mayo would be a good shout maybe even the young Rangers keeper , Cole for the centre mid role . However centre forward is a pivotal role and I doubt most youths could handle it ,,!  The journey continues .