The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

14 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

This thread is about the club, and everything about it is relevant.

I actually find the signings chat much more tedious than any political points. If it relates to ayr, it's legitimate discussion.

(Same with the ticketing stuff that dominated so many threads last year. It was relevant, despite folk wanting to dismiss it and just talk about the football on the park.)
Absolutely this.

Panda at no point have I said its not relevant but I really dont understand how repeating the same point over and over for three days achieves anything. I said the following on Wednesday:

"I doubt anyone on this thread would endorse the Chairman's retweet. Lets move on..."

It still applies now, Lachlan's political views are abhorrent and have been since at least 2016. For me this isn't some new revelation.

I would disagree that its a case of dismissing it. There has been pretty much universal condemnation bar maybe two posters for three days now.

Why not take some direct action? Send Lachlan a DM on Twitter or Facebook. Call him out on it instead of solely mentioning it on here. Get a flag made, organise a march. Do something! Ultimately, discussing it here achieves nothing. 

15 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I actually find the signings chat much more tedious than any political points. If it relates to ayr, it's legitimate discussion.

(Same with the ticketing stuff that dominated so many threads last year. It was relevant, despite folk wanting to dismiss it and just talk about the football on the park.)
Absolutely this.

The signings chat should be kept to the politics thread, where it belongs.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Panda at no point have I said its not relevant but I really dont understand how repeating the same point over and over for three days achieves anything. I said the following on Wednesday:

"I doubt anyone on this thread would endorse the Chairman's retweet. Lets move on..."

It still applies now, Lachlan's political views are abhorrent and have been since at least 2016. For me this isn't some new revelation.

I would disagree that its a case of dismissing it. There has been pretty much universal condemnation bar maybe two posters for three days now.

Why not take some direct action? Send Lachlan a DM on Twitter or Facebook. Call him out on it instead of solely mentioning it on here. Get a flag made, organise a march. Do something! Ultimately, discussing it here achieves nothing. 

Absolutely, for all the talk of challenging his views I wonder how many have bothered to do this to him directly.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

Absolutely this.

To what end? do you want Cameron to leave the club ? do you want him to issue an apology? Do you think he is reading this thread and considering either of these options ?

If you want to chastise him, he has a facebook and twitter page, or report him to the SFA. if you want to argue about flags, there is a politics forum. having some kind of left v. right argument on the club discussion thread is pish. Set up another thread somewhere on here where you can discuss it rather than asking folk to prolong it in this one. 

12 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

To what end? do you want Cameron to leave the club ? do you want him to issue an apology? Do you think he is reading this thread and considering either of these options ?

If you want to chastise him, he has a facebook and twitter page, or report him to the SFA. if you want to argue about flags, there is a politics forum. having some kind of left v. right argument on the club discussion thread is pish. Set up another thread somewhere on here where you can discuss it rather than asking folk to prolong it in this one. 

It’s an open forum and this thread is for discussing Ayr, which can and does include discussing the actions of our chairman.

How is highlighting one of Lachlan’s tweets a “left v. right argument”?

25 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Setting up another thread on this sub set of a small niche football  forum sounds like a good idea. There is obviously an appetite for this topic so more than merits it's own thread, that way folk can continue the, let's call it discussion, and it opens it up to literally tens more of users. You can even put the title in  big bold capital letters so it stands out more (THE BIG LACHLAN CAMERON TWEET THREAD) That sounds like a good compromise lest to being accused of trying to sweep this under the carpet.

Edited by UpInTheAyr

4 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Lachlan's tweet was the start and then we've had democrat v republican. We've then had a bit of unionist v nationalist.  You can easily argue that these are proxies for left and right of the spectrum. I'd imagine that was diego's point.

10 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Like how everyone just lost sight of Robbos messages in the mire of politics chat about him saying SIGNINGS ARE HAPPENING ON MONDAY/TUESDAY.

Hallelujah

Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF

8 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

It’s an open forum and this thread is for discussing Ayr, which can and does include discussing the actions of our chairman.

How is discussing it beyond the initial tweet going to change anything? no one here is going go change anyones political viewpoint. Cameron isn't going to come on here, read some comments and think, you know what, I have held the wrong political beliefs my whole life and thanks to Pandarillas insistence, I have changed my mind. 

Everyone is aware of his political opinion, take it up with him, if you think he is unfit to run the club, ask the SFA to look at it. 

What won't change things is a bunch of folk repeating he is politically opposite to them while implying he is a racist on a football forum. 

The signings chat should be kept to the politics thread, where it belongs.
It's not about politics though, it's about the ayr united chairman. Completely relevant to an ayr united thread.
I don't want to take that action but I'm well aware that those options are open, and anyone suggesting them would surely do so on an ayr united thread. I'm happy for him to continue to do the job because i think he's very good at it. Like most posters on here, my position is that these twitter posts show him in a horrible light, but it's separate from his running of the club. If he gets shit in the media then he'll have to deal with that.

I have two issues with the discussion on here, firstly with the 'keep politics out if it' posts. Sport has always been intertwined with politics, in all shapes and forms. This is about the club.

There was also a suggestion that this is something we should move on quickly, to almost hide that it's a thing. That's really not a good look either.

How is discussing it beyond the initial tweet going to change anything? no one here is going go change anyones political viewpoint. Cameron isn't going to come on here, read some comments and think, you know what, I have held the wrong political beliefs my whole life and thanks to Pandarillas insistence, I have changed my mind. 
Everyone is aware of his political opinion, take it up with him, if you think he is unfit to run the club, ask the SFA to look at it. 
What won't change things is a bunch of folk repeating he is politically opposite to them while implying he is a racist on a football forum. 
People's political views change all the time. You're essentially saying there's no point to any discussions because everyone has their view fixed. That's simply not true.

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
10 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

People's political views change all the time. You're essentially saying there's no point to any discussions because everyone has their view fixed. That's simply not true.

Lachlan Cameron’s political views are quite clear. What is it your actually wanting to happen here? 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Its a discussion forum. Its entire raison d'etre is discussing things that arent going to change anything. If you arent going to discuss things that wont change anything there is no point in discussing new signjngs or pretty much anything else either. The thread would have about two dozen posts of people asking Robbo to clear up how the ticketing system works and when kits will be available.

The political stuff is boring and either irritates some because it gets in the way or makes some uncomfortable because they would prefer not to think of their club's figurehead being a Trump devotee. It is however a valid discussion point around Ayr United so its not going to go away and will raise its head from time to time.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

28 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Like how everyone just lost sight of Robbos messages in the mire of politics chat about him saying SIGNINGS ARE HAPPENING ON MONDAY/TUESDAY.

Hallelujah

Signings as in plural? As in more than one?

Also, they should be made to declare their political and religious beliefs before signing on the dotted line imo. 

6 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
15 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

He is to far through the looking glass for that. Re-tweeting Shapiro is bad but entertaining anything Ann Coulter says is blind support. 

10 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Lachlan's tweet was the start and then we've had democrat v republican. We've then had a bit of unionist v nationalist.  You can easily argue that these are proxies for left and right of the spectrum. I'd imagine that was diego's point.

The democrat v republican and unionist v nationalist stuff shouldn’t be on this thread but there’s nothing political about pointing out that our chairman liking that tweet isn’t a good look.

All I’m seeing here is some people who happen to be on the same side of the spectrum as Lachlan are uncomfortable with that being pointed out - why I don’t really know.

7 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

This “what’s the point the point in discussing it if you won’t do anything about it” shtick has some merit but it’s also a shite way of trying to shut down any sort of debate you don’t like. It’s an open forum and people are free to discuss it if they want to.

If you don’t think that him reading posts on here is going to change his mind then what difference do you think someone speaking to him directly will make?

And there you are again trying to imply that is just playing politics. It isn’t - he’s free to hold whatever political views he wants, but when it strays into appearing to endorse a tweet like that we’re also free to question it and point out it isn’t a great look for the club.

Signings as in plural? As in more than one?
Also, they should be made to declare their political and religious beliefs before signing on the dotted line imo. 
The exact wording was "signing updates" so I'd take that as more than 1 but I'd still be happy with any just now tbh