The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, Iain said:

see LC reckons this going to be the most exciting season in recent years, so the last few signings must be spectacular.

So who would represent a spectacular signing  ?  A striker of the caliber of Annand or Walker ?

I remember both signing .did we not sign Grady along with Annand from Dundee. Just shows you the on kind of money barr had too throw about .I was watching the annelka documentary on Netflix last night and I had a look at some of the French players that played for us .luc sonar must have been a spectacular signing for a club our size .French international also played with Monaco. Only played 10 games or so with us 

5 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I remember both signing .did we not sign Grady along with Annand from Dundee. Just shows you the on kind of money barr had too throw about .I was watching the annelka documentary on Netflix last night and I had a look at some of the French players that played for us .luc sonar must have been a spectacular signing for a club our size .French international also played with Monaco. Only played 10 games or so with us 

Was a bit of a dud to be honest.  Miles past it.  Barr had money but Dalziel had no idea how to use it.

5 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I remember him but I was only young so can't remember how he actually played must have been an exciting signing at the time

He actually played as a trialist before he signed, so you could see he wasn’t really up to much.   Touch of class, but overweight and over the hill.  My memory might be fading, but I’m sure Djaffo also played in the same game also as a trialist and he looked the real find.  

Just now, HMIP said:

He actually played as a trialist before he signed, so you could see he wasn’t really up to much.   Touch of class, but overweight and over the hill.  My memory might be fading, but I’m sure Djaffo also played in the same game also as a trialist and he looked the real find.  

I will forever remember djaffo coming on against killie and setting up ian Ferguson also his thunderous strike too send thistle doon .

34 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

foot-92-en-images-luc-sonor-monaco-138-001.jpg.b44438fcff92fd7fbb5511a094bd8fe2.jpg

We lived in Cramlington at that time. Travelled up one night to a match at Firhill but we were a bit late. Just as we got to the turnstiles we heard the tannoy announce Loc Sonor being substituted so never got to see him play for Ayr. My sons have never let me forget!!

44 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

That 1997/98 squad was something else @craigkillie listed 48 players but there could have been more

I thought it was 49, but I'm not going to split hairs. Certainly had a lot of players that year, the squad at the end was quite different to the squad at the start of the season. The day we beat Partick to stay up and relegate them was pleasing.

43 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

This was discussed last week and it was established farmers on the whole are wankers but Jamie Adams is alright.