The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The political stuff is boring and either irritates some because it gets in the way or makes some uncomfortable because they would prefer not to think of their club's figurehead being a Trump devotee. It is however a valid discussion point around Ayr United so its not going to go away and will raise its head from time to time.

I have no knowledge of the voting habits of our previous chairmen or any other clubs chairpeople, although I would guess Bill Barr wasn't a labour man. If you found out your  chairman was a Tory, or SNP etc today, would it change your opinion of him/her? 

Cameron is a Trump supporter, he is a white middle aged money man who will benefit from his policies. I understand why he has voted for him. I don't agree with him. That is life. The problem is that he has liked an insensitive post at a time when black lives matter is in the forefront. The best that anyone can hope for is Cameron will say, I won't click the like button on tweets like this in the future. 

As a discussion point, It has been highlighted, rightly condemned but to be discussing it  3-4 days later in an echo chamber isn't going to change anything. 

14 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

The democrat v republican and unionist v nationalist stuff shouldn’t be on this thread but there’s nothing political about pointing out that our chairman liking that tweet isn’t a good look.

All I’m seeing here is some people who happen to be on the same side of the spectrum as Lachlan are uncomfortable with that being pointed out - why I don’t really know.

This is what I take issue with - my politics are my own and I can assure you they don't mirror Lachlan's.

This is typical of political discourse now, if I don't mirror your viewpoint my view is automatically assumed to be the opposite. Irrespective of the reality. It defies belief and is exactly why I don't like politics and football mixing.

12 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

This is what I take issue with - my politics are my own and I can assure you they don't mirror Lachlan's.

This is typical of political discourse now, if I don't mirror your viewpoint my view is automatically assumed to be the opposite. Irrespective of the reality. It defies belief and is exactly why I don't like politics and football mixing.

I didn’t mean you specifically so apologies if it came across like that, nor do I think anyone on this thread is extreme enough to mirror Lachlan.

My point is I don’t think the people talking about that tweet are the ones playing politics. There’s some who are either uncomfortable talking about it or just don’t care and so are desperate to play the politics card to try shut it down.

Edited by eez-eh

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

All I’m seeing here is some people who happen to be on the same side of the spectrum as Lachlan are uncomfortable with that being pointed out - why I don’t really know

Interested to see what people you have tagged as being on the same side of the spectrum as Lachlan, apart from North British that is.

4 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Interested to see what people you have tagged as being on the same side of the spectrum as Lachlan, apart from North British that is.

The spectrum’s pretty wide so probably quite a few - I never said anything about being as extreme as Lachlan.

49 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I didn’t mean you specifically so apologies if it came across like that, nor do I think anyone on this thread is extreme enough to mirror Lachlan.

No worries, I'll climb down from my high horse then.

Just read that we won't be required to test players while they're training as of this week. Testing will only be required for friendlies and full training matches.

Interesting.... Applies to Championship, League 1 and 2 clubs. From outside looks like a cost cutting exercise but hopefully it doesn't have repurcutions health wise with Covid cases.

Lachlan Cameron’s political views are quite clear. What is it your actually wanting to happen here? 
I don't want anything to happen.

I don't like fans of the club trying to shut it down, though. That's not a good look.
Signings as in plural? As in more than one?
Also, they should be made to declare their political and religious beliefs before signing on the dotted line imo. 
That's you just being snidey and dickish.

Just read that we won't be required to test players while they're training as of this week. Testing will only be required for friendlies and full training matches.

Interesting.... Applies to Championship, League 1 and 2 clubs. From outside looks like a cost cutting exercise but hopefully it doesn't have repurcutions health wise with Covid cases.
Sturgeon was asked about using the nhs tests to help the lower league clubs get playing without being fucked over by the fees.

But she wasn't having that, and basically said they needed to keep their tests for key workers etc. , and not to support football clubs getting back.

I'd have thought allowing some regular testing would be better than doing none. But the main thing is getting it all up and running, with no more delays.

I'm really missing going to the football now. Aye the European stuff is entertaining - but nothing beats following your own team.