The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Any word on getting access to view home games? I've not kept up to speed with it but is it going to be season ticket only, or will they sell online tickets for individual games. I'm hoping for the latter, with a reasonable price. Surely it won't be a full ticket price to watch a steam?

8 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I never actually tweeted him. Had tweeted saying thank f**k he had left and he’s presumably searched his name. Very Jane Godley :lol:

I remember someone (I think it might have been @itzdrk actually) posted a fake tweet saying that we had signed him for a third time on the eve of the Ayrshire Derby back in 2017.

My reaction was to yell "SURELY FUCKING NOT" at my screen.

5 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Fond memories of McLaughlin playing centre half one week and then out on the wing the next. Roberts just had to get him in there somehow.

Halcyon days.

I actually liked McLaughlin is his first spell. Him and Ryan McCann were a decent centre mid pairing. Was gutted when he left for QOS. In his second spell he was a total imposter. 

I actually liked McLaughlin is his first spell. Him and Ryan McCann were a decent centre mid pairing. Was gutted when he left for QOS. In his second spell he was a total imposter. 

Agreed

One of many players under Roberts that I actually hated more and more every week. Came across as a bit of a w**k on the Pele Podcast as well.

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

100%. He was good first time round. Second time round he was a total knob and to think he was the Captain. 😱

When you think back to where we have been as a club we really are on the up. Long may it continue. 

44 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Just read that we won't be required to test players while they're training as of this week. Testing will only be required for friendlies and full training matches.

Interesting.... Applies to Championship, League 1 and 2 clubs. From outside looks like a cost cutting exercise but hopefully it doesn't have repurcutions health wise with Covid cases.

looks like a bad spell of repercussions has already begun.......

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I always remember mchlaughlin being superb in a battling cup draw at Easter Road. I never really remember him living up to that later on.

Was that the initial game where we drew and took them back to Somerset and won by virtue of Robert's goal? If memory serves the draw at Easter Road didnt flatter us. Did Rodgers not miss a good chance right in front of the stand we were in? I could be totally misremembering. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

Any word on getting access to view home games? I've not kept up to speed with it but is it going to be season ticket only, or will they sell online tickets for individual games. I'm hoping for the latter, with a reasonable price. Surely it won't be a full ticket price to watch a steam?

At this moment in time it has been agreed that season ticket holders will receive the stream as part of their package , it has not been decided if the game can be bought on an individual basis , not sure on pricing structure, can buy on the day fans get it cheaper than the average price per game for season ticket holders ? Do they use the concession season as the guide which works out at just over £10 a game ? 

Hopefully we will have fans in for first league game 

Edited by Robbo63

16 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

When you think back to where we have been as a club we really are on the up. Long may it continue. 

Exactly. There will always be moaners, but the progress made on and off the park in recent seasons can clearly be seen. 

13 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Was that the initial game where we drew and took them back to Somerset and won by virtue of Robert's goal? If memory serves the draw at Easter Road didnt flatter us. Did Rodgers not miss a good chance right in front of the stand we were in? I could be totally misremembering. 🤷‍♂️

As far as I remember, Hibs were lucky to get a replay. That Hibs team were awful. One of the worst supposed Premier League teams I have ever seen us play.

The replay holds special memories for me because it was the last match during my Papa's lifetime. He was an Ayr supporter for over 70 years. I visited him in the hospice the next day and he was delighted when I told him we'd put Hibs out the cup. He died a couple of days later.

Edited by Richey Edwards

On ex player watch. I see Drinan has started for Ipswich against Spurs.
Ipswich are 2 down after 10 mins! 
That's Mark Kerr competing with Jose Mourinho for Drinan now, hopefully we can come out on top, MON THE LAPTOP!!

Just read that we won't be required to test players while they're training as of this week. Testing will only be required for friendlies and full training matches.

Interesting.... Applies to Championship, League 1 and 2 clubs. From outside looks like a cost cutting exercise but hopefully it doesn't have repurcutions health wise with Covid cases.

It will clearly be cheaper, so in that sense it is a cost cutting exercise, but they won't have made this decision without consultation with the government.

Was that the initial game where we drew and took them back to Somerset and won by virtue of Robert's goal? If memory serves the draw at Easter Road didnt flatter us. Did Rodgers not miss a good chance right in front of the stand we were in? I could be totally misremembering. [emoji2369]
I think so, aye. Our defence and midfield were excellent that day.
At this moment in time it has been agreed that season ticket holders will receive the stream as part of their package , it has not been decided if the game can be bought on an individual basis , not sure on pricing structure, can buy on the day fans get it cheaper than the average price per game for season ticket holders ? Do they use the concession season as the guide which works out at just over £10 a game ? 
I take that point about non season ticket fans paying less - but a stream is nowhere near the equivalent of a match experience. It's a difficult one.

I'd hope they could find a balance where some sort of extra footage or extra content or stuff is given to season ticket holders to compensate.

And I'd be hoping £10 per game for a one off stream would be the maximum price. Do we stream home games normally, and if so, how much per game does that work out as?

(i could be guilty of being stingey as f**k here, i don't know)

13 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I think so, aye. Our defence and midfield were excellent that day. I take that point about non season ticket fans paying less - but a stream is nowhere near the equivalent of a match experience. It's a difficult one.

I'd hope they could find a balance where some sort of extra footage or extra content or stuff is given to season ticket holders to compensate.

And I'd be hoping £10 per game for a one off stream would be the maximum price. Do we stream home games normally, and if so, how much per game does that work out as?

I’d say 15 quid as I don’t want the club missing out on too much revenue. It could mean the difference of an extra player or not

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

They could give access to a betfred cup game that wouldn't normally be on the season ticket as compensation. 

45 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I think so, aye. Our defence and midfield were excellent that day. I take that point about non season ticket fans paying less - but a stream is nowhere near the equivalent of a match experience. It's a difficult one.

Home games not streamed in UK currently , I can’t see a stream being anymore than £10