The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m not exactly one of the negative posters, but given we have a game in two days surely we should know something about the streaming set up and cost etc by now. 

https://ayrunitedfc.co.uk/annan-live-streaming/?fbclid=IwAR2rszzW8dw1Lx4lAQyE0-KjeGgEVnWTv_9i_iVXBxU3qDkC2mNSsi2j6WY

There you go mate, £10

Looks simple enough and idiot proof to do, no more difficult than online tickets for home games, lets just hope we can see an actual game....

Edited by rb123!

8 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

So we're agreed your 4 is in fact 6 then, aye?

Except as per above you are also 6.

I would go for the 5

Houston was January

so Baird , Chalmers Reading and extensions to Muirhead and Murdoch 

I think Miller only signed a 1 year contract 

I would go for the 5
Houston was January
so Baird , Chalmers Reading and extensions to Muirhead and Murdoch 
I think Miller only signed a 1 year contract 

Nah AP reported he’d signed a 2 year deal I’m sure.

It certainly appears that Ayr fans are losing the head here over some very rationale points being made by an opposition supporter. If you don’t like interaction with  supporters of other clubs maybe a multi club football forum isn’t for you. 

There’s absolutely no issue with the interaction with supporters of other clubs and indeed no one has made such a point. What I have an issue with is people making the same tedious points about contracts when it doesn’t even involve their team. We get it, he thinks it’s mental that clubs are offering long term deals. And if our club goes to the wall over it I’ll be the first to hold my hands up and say we made a mistake. However I’m more than happy to trust the people running the club that they can commit to these deals rather than agree with SD and say it’s lunacy.

See Auchinleck Talbot have withdrawn from their league due to concerns over player and staff welfare as they're not allowed to use any changing and washing facilities.

Does seem absolutely bonkers in a time of OCD hygiene procedures are a must that footballers are expected to not change and shower and get back into their car and drive potentially hours until home in minging football gear.

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

There’s absolutely no issue with the interaction with supporters of other clubs and indeed no one has made such a point. What I have an issue with is people making the same tedious points about contracts when it doesn’t even involve their team. We get it, he thinks it’s mental that clubs are offering long term deals. And if our club goes to the wall over it I’ll be the first to hold my hands up and say we made a mistake. However I’m more than happy to trust the people running the club that they can commit to these deals rather than agree with SD and say it’s lunacy.

I didn't bring it up again, That was Fraser and you then decided to rake it up. I make no apology for it though. No point you whining about it when you deliberately stirred it up. I was debating the Anderson thing and we'd pretty much reached the end of that.

As for the doesn't involve their team thing. The whole League involves all our teams. That's the essence of a multi club forum. if you don't like it go stick to Somerset Road End or whatever it's called. I'm not on there. Ayr aren't special. If you want to go look I also posted on the Raith, Dundee, Dunfermline, Morton and Arbroath threads in the last few days. Pretty sure you've posted on our thread, which is fine.

I didn't bring it up again, That was Fraser and you then decided to rake it up. I make no apology for it though. No point you whining about it when you deliberately stirred it up. I was debating the Anderson thing and we'd pretty much reached the end of that.
As for the doesn't involve their team thing. The whole League involves all our teams. That's the essence of a multi club forum. if you don't like it go stick to Somerset Road End or whatever it's called. I'm not on there. Ayr aren't special. If you want to go look I also posted on the Raith, Dundee, Dunfermline, Morton and Arbroath threads in the last few days. Pretty sure you've posted on our thread, which is fine.

You’ve missed my point... again.

I don’t particularly care about you posting on here. I like being able to talk to other fans however it’s the constant talking about this issue of contracts that does it for me. You’re entitled to your opinion and yes you didn’t actually initiate the argument (this time) but I don’t see the point in constantly returning to the point when it’s been made clear time and time again that we’re not going to agree. You think clubs are mental for offering long deals and I’m happy Ayr are offering a bit of job security to these guys whilst also building for the future. Both opinions are fine.

37 minutes ago, rb123! said:

See Auchinleck Talbot have withdrawn from their league due to concerns over player and staff welfare as they're not allowed to use any changing and washing facilities.

Does seem absolutely bonkers in a time of OCD hygiene procedures are a must that footballers are expected to not change and shower and get back into their car and drive potentially hours until home in minging football gear.

Not just Ta!bot. At the last count 8 teams had announced their withdrawal, including Whitletts, Cumnock and Pollok. Expecting up to 6 more to do the same .

51 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You’ve missed my point... again.

I don’t particularly care about you posting on here. I like being able to talk to other fans however it’s the constant talking about this issue of contracts that does it for me. You’re entitled to your opinion and yes you didn’t actually initiate the argument (this time) but I don’t see the point in constantly returning to the point when it’s been made clear time and time again that we’re not going to agree. You think clubs are mental for offering long deals and I’m happy Ayr are offering a bit of job security to these guys whilst also building for the future. Both opinions are fine.

I haven't missed anything. You think it's fine to bring the subject up again and then whine like a baby about it causing the discussion to take place again. I think I've brought it up once on here (in this thread). Any other instance was a response to you or someone else deciding to wave a flag about it again. If you do that you can't then complain about it. It's the very definition on wanting to have your cake and eat it.

38 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Not just Ta!bot. At the last count 8 teams had announced their withdrawal, including Whitletts, Cumnock and Pollok. Expecting up to 6 more to do the same .

Good for them, I've got to whole-heartedly agree with them.

I've been writing to my local MLA and such regarding the fact that arenas are allowed to be hosting games of whichever sport. Some are even allowing limited spectators, but the showers have been locked down and even though a full team can be on a bench together, there's still limits on the amount of people who can be in one changing room. Incidentally the changing rooms all share one forced air heating duct usually...its honestly just ridiculousness at this point.

OI actually agree with Skyline (pains me to say it) about the Anderson call up.  We know these games are in internstional windows and the only way to avoid losing players to u21 call ups is to not sign anyone likely to be called up.  Between the senior and u21 squad there have been 7 or 8 changes in and its just bad luck for us in this case.   Some of the comments here are in danger of sounding like Celtic hinting at trying to get their players kept out of call ups

2 hours ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

It certainly appears that Ayr fans are losing the head here over some very rationale points being made by an opposition supporter. If you don’t like interaction with  supporters of other clubs maybe a multi club football forum isn’t for you. 

something to consider.....