The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

21 hours ago, HMIP said:

Or maybe there should be agreement not to take players from clubs involved in competitive matches.  The under 21s are a complete waste of time  anyway.

15 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Yeah, SD is having a bit of a mare here tbf.

Not sure why he can't grasp what is an easy sentiment (regarding the greater impact/inconveniance) without attributing ludicrous suggestions of only calling up Rangers, Celtic, Motherwell and Aberdeen players to us. Did anyone even seriously suggest that? 

Not the hill I would choose to die on but there you go. 

Uh huh! I'm the one having a mare. I understand the point being made, you guys don't seem to appreciate it's fairly irrelevant when he was called off.

And see above from HMIP who thinks the squad should be picked from clubs not playing competitively. There are only those four clubs not playing.

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Uh huh! I'm the one having a mare. I understand the point being made, you guys don't seem to appreciate it's fairly irrelevant when he was called off.

And see above from HMIP who thinks the squad should be picked from clubs not playing competitively. There are only those four clubs not playing.

The timing is quite clearly not irrelevant in terms of preparation, which has been pointed out on numerous occasions. 

15 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It really is relevant when he was called up , to be called up on the morning of the game would disrupt any teams game plan giving no time to try another formation , to say its irrelevant is nonsense 

Just now, Robbo63 said:

It really is relevant when he was called up , to be called up on the morning of the game would disrupt any teams game plan giving no time to try another formation , to say its irrelevant is nonsense 

Ok, it's not "irrelevant" then but it is the "new norm". Like I say, It won't be the last time. We could have a player turn up at Somerset next week and register a temperature deemed to high and he's not allowed in. So could you. This is going to happen all season.

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Ok, it's not "irrelevant" then but it is the "new norm". Like I say, It won't be the last time. We could have a player turn up at Somerset next week and register a temperature deemed to high and he's not allowed in. So could you. This is going to happen all season.

Totally agree with you , irrelevant was maybe the wrong word , injuries and Covid I can agree with , but to call up a player to a squad playing absolute minnows in 4 days time , surely they could have waited 

Nah I’m not having the comparisons between Anderson getting called up and a player potentially contracting COVID. If a player has a high temp or symptoms then that’s fair enough and it’s unavoidable. But for a player to be called up the morning of a game when the international game isn’t until 4 days time is ridiculous tbh. As itzdrk said he’ll have been tested for that game so all that was really needed was a bit of common sense and he could’ve reported for international duty at FT.

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

................but to call up a player to a squad playing absolute minnows in 4 days time , surely they could have waited 

And allowed him to play on Saturday, plus I bet they wouldn't have tried that on one of the OF for example.  Our treatment by the SFA on this has been compared on here to other vastly bigger clubs (ok, Pars aside 😉) - you'd think we were a well-resourced SPL club already rather than one that's been out of the top league for decades.

I'm happy that we have some decent players that have merited a call-up now but the my feeling remains that the SFA can do what they want with us and we can 'either put up or shut up' if we don't like it.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Nah I’m not having the comparisons between Anderson getting called up and a player potentially contracting COVID. If a player has a high temp or symptoms then that’s fair enough and it’s unavoidable. But for a player to be called up the morning of a game when the international game isn’t until 4 days time is ridiculous tbh. As itzdrk said he’ll have been tested for that game so all that was really needed was a bit of common sense and he could’ve reported for international duty at FT.

And if he breaks his leg in the meantime? Or they were flying on Saturday afternoon (I'm assuming they probably weren't but I doubt either of us knows that). Maybe they even had an important training session themselves and needed as much time to work on new assignments.

Just now, Jazzar said:

And allowed him to play on Saturday, plus I bet they wouldn't have tried that on one of the OF for example.  Our treatment by the SFA on this has been compared on here to other vastly bigger clubs (ok, Pars aside 😉) - you'd think we were a well-resourced SPL club already rather than one that's been out of the top league for decades.

I'm happy that we have some decent players that have merited a call-up now but the my feeling remains that the SFA can do what they want with us and we can 'either put up or shut up' if we don't like it.

Jeez, he's not even your player!

2 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

In the context of Saturday's game, i.e the one he missed, he IS our player.

Jeez, give it a rest ffs 

And in the context of his employers who pay his wage and are the club the SFA will have contacted initially, he's not.

I'll give it a rest when you do.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

And in the context of his employers who pay his wage and are the club the SFA will have contacted initially, he's not.

I'll give it a rest when you do.

Pedantry - no place on a football forum. Off you pop. 

Skyline drifter being on the verge of tears with Ayr fans having a slight annoyance at the SFA calling up our main striker on the morning of a game. 

FWIW, I’m not overly fussed however If it was a league game I would of been fuming. 

Having a player called up hours before a game, once match prep has been done is highly annoying. Just because it’s something that might happen more often this season doesn’t mean we can’t have a whinge about it.

It’s also compounded by the fact the under 21s are playing fucking San Marino. Scot Gemmill could play himself up front and they’d probably still win comfortably. 

Edited by eez-eh

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

This c**t still going?

Preferred us talking about new signings

Yer man SD says it’s crazy that we’ve offered a few two year deals.

Anyway, hopefully a couple of signings in before Friday. 

Yer man SD says it’s crazy that we’ve offered a few two year deals.
Anyway, hopefully a couple of signings in before Friday. 

5 year deals all round I hope with a few heads exploding down Dumfries way.