The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Dunfermline have actually offered more longer term deals that we have albeit they have the Nisbet money to play with.

There’s obviously no issue with clubs only offering 1 year deals but I find it bizarre that fans of clubs are so bothered by rivals offering longer deals. Just comes across as a wee bit jealous.

22 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Apart from the fact that we’re not the only club doing it.

Just checked and only 2 teams in the Championship since April this year have not signed players on 2 year contracts , those being Morton and QOS , 3 teams have issued more 2 year contracts than us , Dunfermline, Dundee and Hearts , Raith and ICT just behind us 

58 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Yer man SD says it’s crazy that we’ve offered a few two year deals.

Anyway, hopefully a couple of signings in before Friday. 

He might just have a point if the recent board comments weren’t  being exaggerated to stimulate extra season ticket sales. Otherwise 2 year deals are a great idea and you get an edge over your rivals 

3 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

He might just have a point if the recent board comments weren’t  being exaggerated to stimulate extra season ticket sales. Otherwise 2 year deals are a great idea and you get an edge over your rivals 

There’s no doubt the corona virus pandemic is having an impact but I do imagine the board comments are being exaggerated. I don’t think we are in any #imminent danger of going bust.  Of course the sooner we get fans back in the better for all concerned. 

11 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Just checked and only 2 teams in the Championship since April this year have not signed players on 2 year contracts , those being Morton and QOS , 3 teams have issued more 2 year contracts than us , Dunfermline, Dundee and Hearts , Raith and ICT just behind us 

Source? Raith have 2. Someone (D'Jaffo I think) listed you as having given out over half a dozen a week or so back.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We’ve given out 4.

Dunfermline have given out 4 plus a three year deal to O’Hara.

Your own post in the squad threads says, Baird, Houston, Muirhead, Reading, Murdoch, Chalmers, Miller are all on two year deals (+ Paul Smith but I presume he's a kid earning buttons). I realise Houston signed a two and a half year deal on joining in January but as far as I can see the other 6 were all given out since Covid?

Dunfermline are clearly spending German money / Nisbet money and Hearts aren't a realistic comparison for anyone at Championship level.

Your own post in the squad threads says, Baird, Houston, Muirhead, Reading, Murdoch, Chalmers, Miller are all on two year deals (+ Paul Smith but I presume he's a kid earning buttons). I realise Houston signed a two and a half year deal on joining in January but as far as I can see the other 6 were all given out since Covid?
Dunfermline are clearly spending German money / Nisbet money and Hearts aren't a realistic comparison for anyone at Championship level.

Right so I should’ve clarified that we’ve offered 4 new players longer deals and aye we’ve also renewed a couple others on 2 year deals.

My point still stands that the obsession from yourself and other fans is just plain weird.

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Right so I should’ve clarified that we’ve offered 4 new players longer deals and aye we’ve also renewed a couple others on 2 year deals.

My point still stands that the obsession from yourself and other fans is just plain weird.

Yup - if we were spending some “German money” or similar it would be fine though. 

48 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Source? Raith have 2. Someone (D'Jaffo I think) listed you as having given out over half a dozen a week or so back.

Transfer market which is pretty accurate ,

Hearts top at 6 and lowest Alloa and Arbroath on 1 

12 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

So we're agreed your 4 is in fact 6 then, aye?

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

Transfer market which is pretty accurate ,

Hearts top at 6 and lowest Alloa and Arbroath on 1 

Except as per above you are also 6.

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Yup - if we were spending some “German money” or similar it would be fine though. 

Our club are not claiming poverty , season ticket message  was just a push to get to last years total , it’s working well so far just about another 100 tickets sold in 3  days since his message , 

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

Our club are not claiming poverty , season ticket message  was just a push to get to last years total , it’s working well so far just about another 100 tickets sold in 3  days since his message , 

That’s good - hopefully league live stream details come out soon as waiting on that to decide what I should do!