The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Unfortunately Raith not Dunfermline but Football Manager knows the script 

PXL_20210410_090732756.jpg

Playing FM on a console, rather than computer...

tenor.png.1fa801b4ddd5841b085f6acb1f29cc3c.png

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Playing FM on a console, rather than computer...

tenor.png.1fa801b4ddd5841b085f6acb1f29cc3c.png

FM Xbox edition is brilliant IMO.  Never owned an expensive enough laptop that it runs well on, runs perfectly on Xbox. 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

That is a hugely defensive side, assuming a formation change. Shitfesting for a 0-0 it is then!

3/5/2 surely? Houston and Reading wing backs, Roscoe, Baird and Ndaba centre half’s. Midfield 3 of Miler, Muirhead and Barjonas with McKenzie and McCowan upfront 

29 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

3/5/2 surely? Houston and Reading wing backs, Roscoe, Baird and Ndaba centre half’s. Midfield 3 of Miler, Muirhead and Barjonas with McKenzie and McCowan upfront 

That's the way it looks, though the fear is that McCowan drops deep to get on the ball and McKenzie becomes isolated. It should suit both Reading and Houston who naturally want to get forward. 

238pm in Hopkin we trust.............

Hopefully Wright is getting fitter, he's had a few weeks now of coming on as a sub. He really needs to step up and help shoulder the scoring responsibility with McKenzie. 

I'd stop short at saying I'm looking forward to thus but cmon Ayr, time for men to be men. 

2 minutes ago, Iain said:

I reckon if we beat Arbroath next week and Morton lose to Hearts the following Tuesday then we're safe (ludicrous goal difference swing excluded). Big if.

We’re not beating an Arbroath side that can score twice away at Raith. We struggle to get a shot on target over two games!

That was another painful watch today. Defended ok apart from the goal but the midfield and attack was no -existent. 

Another change of formation and personnel but the same lack of purpose or cohesion.

if Hopkin can’t mastermind a victory against Clyde, I doubt he’ll manage one against Arbroath unless they have a real off day. And to say that when we are the full time team shows how bad we are.

I'm all for giving the manager time to bed in his plan, but other than the victories at Dundee and Elgin, it's hard to see any indications of how we get a win. The way we're setting up lets the opposition dictate the play in every game. He's inherited a poorly balanced  squad with no clear system that fits the players we have. We just need to hang on by the skin of our teeth and hope for good recruitment in the summer.

12 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

We’re not beating an Arbroath side that can score twice away at Raith. We struggle to get a shot on target over two games!

We scored three at Dundee a few weeks ago. Just need to have a good day and them have a bad day.

2 of Morton’s 3 last games are against a team that’s already won this league and a team that’s basically relegated. I’d be amazed if they didn’t get 4 points at the very least from those games.

Whereas we’ve got Arbroath who are fighting for their lives, QOTS and Inverness who are both looking for play off places.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

2 of Morton’s 3 last games are against a team that’s already won this league and a team that’s basically relegated. I’d be amazed if they didn’t get 4 points at the very least from those games.

Whereas we’ve got Arbroath who are fighting for their lives, QOTS and Inverness who are both looking for play off places.

Hearts will have a squad of players playing for a contract and a manager trying to win over the support. There is no way Morton are beating Hearts.