The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

41 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Anyone else have an anxious feeling about Saturday? I don’t usually get this way about games (apart from that Alloa defeat in 2018). I think if we win it, all the joy will be quickly extinguished with Morton and Arbroath also winning 

I’ve accepted relegation. None of the players give a f**k so why should we? 

16 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I still have hope. At worst we’d have to play Airdrie, then Falkirk/Cove. All those are and should be beatable. Still hoping we finish 8th 

Mate, we lost at home to a Clyde team who currently sit 8th in league 1. Not a chance we’re winning the playoffs

This is the thing - we can say this is winnable and that is winnable - which they are - but just not from us - as we just look completely incapable of a win against anyone.

Right now I’d put my money on the posts if the Moff had a penalty into an empty net!

Just now, davidkennedyshand said:
2 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:
You just know that Thistle will blow the title, Ayr end up 9th. Thistle/ Ayr final. It's in the stars.

Easy win for the Jags and relegated by part of the squad who got us here

That'd be nice.

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Anyone else have an anxious feeling about Saturday? I don’t usually get this way about games (apart from that Alloa defeat in 2018). I think if we win it, all the joy will be quickly extinguished with Morton and Arbroath also winning 

Nah not really.  I'd be more anxious if I thought there was even the slightest chance of us doing what we need to do.   I would honestly be very surprised if we aren't a couple of goals down by HT on Saturday and I'm determined to avoid being on all here all outraged and snottery when it happens.  

33 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Nah not really.  I'd be more anxious if I thought there was even the slightest chance of us doing what we need to do.   I would honestly be very surprised if we aren't a couple of goals down by HT on Saturday and I'm determined to avoid being on all here all outraged and snottery when it happens.  

QOS arent a great team. If we're a few goals down to them by HT in a must win game for us and at home after Smith and Hopkin have hopefully read the riot act then something is far wrong

56 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’ve accepted relegation. None of the players give a f**k so why should we? 

Mate, we lost at home to a Clyde team who currently sit 8th in league 1. Not a chance we’re winning the playoffs

You're right about the players not giving a fck. Our captain is one of the worst for that. Aero at least has passion and seems to care.

The cup game was a shocker, no doubt about that but I honestly think the players and manager found the cup a distraction that could be done without. The wrong attitude for sure, but I'm sure we wouldnt see a performance like that in the play offs 

The cup game was a shocker, no doubt about that but I honestly think the players and manager found the cup a distraction that could be done without. The wrong attitude for sure, but I'm sure we wouldnt see a performance like that in the play offs 

Eh? We've just been pumped 4 nil off Arbroath in a game which was as important as any play off game we'll face and with a performance every bit as bad as the one v Clyde.

It's bizarre that people seem to think this squad of charlatans are somehow holding off to pull a performance out the bag when it really counts.

1 minute ago, placidcasual said:

Eh? We've just been pumped 4 nil off Arbroath in a game which was as important as any play off game we'll face and with a performance every bit as bad as the one v Clyde.

It's bizarre that people seem to think this squad of charlatans are somehow holding off to pull a performance out the bag when it really counts.

You'd think they would be able to pull a performance out the bag when it matters as in last chance saloon. The players have been utter shitebags, no doubt about that, but youd think the ones here on 2 year deals would want to play in the Championship rather tha  the seaside league and actually pull the fi get out on Saturday 

You'd think they would be able to pull a performance out the bag when it matters as in last chance saloon. The players have been utter shitebags, no doubt about that, but youd think the ones here on 2 year deals would want to play in the Championship rather tha  the seaside league and actually pull the fi get out on Saturday 
I don't. I've got absolutely zero faith in them.

5 minutes ago, placidcasual said:
8 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I don't. I've got absolutely zero faith in them.

Let's hope they have you eating your words come 5pm on Saturday mate 👍

Thing is, even if the players decide they are all of a sudden right up for the battle, the style they are being told to play pretty much negates any attacking talent that we actually have so other than probably not conceding goals as easily as we did v Dundee and Arbroath I'm not sure how much good it would actually do.   Could maybe grab 4 low scoring draws and a couple of penalty shoot out wins in the playoffs though I suppose 🤔

39 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

Aye but this time it REALLY counts

45 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

Not that bizarre, folk here have been saying since the start of the season that the team'll come good. Too much quality etc, just need Moore/Wright/Walsh back etc bad weather etc the pitch etc