The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

McCall has already stated he wants to win the league next year and i can see them doing it tbf

He would need to do a great number of new signings to be anywhere near winning the Championship, the league they have just won as far inferior to current Championship 

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Fifth is hardly ambitious - I don’t see how fourth place isn’t realistic with the correct signings tbh. 

You may not think so, but if Hopkin can get us to 5th after this seasons efforts he'll be doing extremely well. 

We're far from having a settled squad  and with this being the new managers 1st full season ahead of us, then I think it'll be momentum building next season for hopefully more of a push at promotion the season after. 

7 minutes ago, rb123! said:

McCall has already stated he wants to win the league next year and i can see them doing it tbf

I think they'll be a threat definitely. The momentum you get from winning League 1 can't be understated, Livingston and Raith this season being recent cases in point. 

9 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

He would need to do a great number of new signings to be anywhere near winning the Championship, the league they have just won as far inferior to current Championship 

Ian knows what is required to win the Championship. We couldn't quite afford it, but with a bigger budget and off field resources, they are a decent bet. He'll already be in touch with players and his extensive contacts. building for next season. Looking at the make up of the league next season, if he was still here I'd say we would also be in the running. Hopefully DH can get us up to that level as well.

Ross laidlaw and Billy Mckay are also out of contract at the end of the month, as are Urmisky and Barjonas.... 

Plenty of decent players from the lower premiership, who's contracts are ending, that's what I believe Ayr should be targeting. 

Though knowing our luck, we'll get duds 🙄 Hello Ryan Scully. 

I don't think it should be forgotten that only a month ago there were many Thistle fans who wanted Uncle Ian bagged and many reckoned it was one of the worst Partick teams that they'd ever seen.

Some on here still seem to have him down as some sort of messiah when he's really just a very naughty boy.....

17 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Ross laidlaw and Billy Mckay are also out of contract at the end of the month, as are Urmisky and Barjonas.... 

Plenty of decent players from the lower premiership, who's contracts are ending, that's what I believe Ayr should be targeting. 

Though knowing our luck, we'll get duds 🙄 Hello Ryan Scully. 

Laidlaw and McKay are regular starters in the SPL why are they going to come to us? 

Urminsky? You did see him play for us didn't you? Absolutely not a regular starter for me. Barjonas didn't do enough for me either to warrant getting him in permanently. 

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

See, I liked him during his 1st spell so he gets let off with the 2nd spell because of that. At least McLaughlin showed passion if nothing else 

Preferred Ryan McCann from that partnership. Doubt we'd have got promoted that season had we not signed McCann and Eddie Malone after being hammered away at Alloa.

Would take a couple like that for next season especially since our LB 's are normally a bit psycho and Reading doesn't seem the type.

Laidlaw and McKay are regular starters in the SPL why are they going to come to us? 
Urminsky? You did see him play for us didn't you? Absolutely not a regular starter for me. Barjonas didn't do enough for me either to warrant getting him in permanently. 

Urminsky played what? One game? After being drafted in the morning of the game so would’ve had very little preparation time.

I’m not saying we make him our first choice but I’d have him back to compete with another goalie. I’ll agree that Barjonas has done absolutely nothing to warrant a contract. This was likely his last shot at a full time club in Scotland after being shite at Raith and Partick previously.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Urminsky played what? One game? After being drafted in the morning of the game so would’ve had very little preparation time.

I’m not saying we make him our first choice but I’d have him back to compete with another goalie. 

Even seeing him in that one game was enough. It speaks volumes that he never got his chance when Sinisalo went back to Villa. 

Urminsky could be a backup but can we afford  to carry a backup that isn’t a youth? 

I’d keep Murdoch, he is a good player and didn’t do well last year in a team that didn’t do well to a man. 
it’s all about replacements, Roscoe I’d say is on a par with Obileye from QOTS, clumsy at times, basic in others but he has just signed for Livingston. Roscoe would be hard to upgrade on as a semi-regular centre half. In Murdoch’s case, Todd looks like he’ll sign and I wouldn’t say, based on his performances that he’ll be a big player for us next year, so we still need about 5 midfield/wide players for next year that are better or the same as what we had this year and there are worse than Murdoch out there 

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

I think theyll get into the play off places easily. They have some good players in Rudden, Graham, Tiffony and old pros like Foster. Theyll definitely be a threat but not sure if theyll have enough to be champions 

Even seeing him in that one game was enough. It speaks volumes that he never got his chance when Sinisalo went back to Villa. 

We needed another keeper in anyway. I really doubt any team would’ve loaned us a goalie just to sit him on the bench.

If he was cheap enough I’d bring him back along with someone like McAdams or Doohan.

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I think theyll get into the play off places easily. They have some good players in Rudden, Graham, Tiffony and old pros like Foster. Theyll definitely be a threat but not sure if theyll have enough to be champions 

It's the core squad that got them relegated plus Docherty, Bell and Geggan. They were probably good enough to stay up last season but unless they sign 3-4 decent players in the summer I can see them being in the 5-8th grouping next season. 

2 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

That was what I was trying to point out. 🙄 in my eyes, Ayr should be able to aquire players such as Laidlaw and Mckay, both of which would be great signings. However, after this season, Barjonas and Urmisky could be given deals to remain at Somerset and be treated as first reamers..... Something that frightens me ☹️

There must be a few premier league players willing to drop down a level 🤔 Maybe an older player such as Craig Conway? 

6 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

That was what I was trying to point out. 🙄 in my eyes, Ayr should be able to aquire players such as Laidlaw and Mckay, both of which would be great signings. However, after this season, Barjonas and Urmisky could be given deals to remain at Somerset and be treated as first reamers..... Something that frightens me ☹️

There must be a few premier league players willing to drop down a level 🤔 Maybe an older player such as Craig Conway? 

Cant see any of those 2 being anywhere near Somerset next season 

Difficult one for the club to sell next season all things considered, of course they will come out and say a promotion spot is the target but how many will actually buy that?

As it stands the only bit of excitement I can muster at the moment is seeing who is going to get punted.

13 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Difficult one for the club to sell next season all things considered, of course they will come out and say a promotion spot is the target but how many will actually buy that?

As it stands the only bit of excitement I can muster at the moment is seeing who is going to get punted.

Not buying season tickets ultimately results in less numbers and quality of signings , how many people would buy if the club came out and said all we want to do next season is stay in league ,every club will be saying our aims are to be in play  offs , 

I have to say, I've never been so keen to see who is being punted. This is an abject squad of chicken hearted wimps posing as ballers that needs emptied pronto.

It will be interesting to see what next season's target is. A season of dicing with relegation will certainly dampen expectations somewhat.

As others have said, I'd take a comfy mid table finish (never in fear of the drop) with an outside chance of promotion play offs 5/6th for me.

I just want to get back to the games in the flesh both home and away.