The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Robbie Crawford not in the Motherwell squad again today, you imagine he might be one who is moved on. I don’t think Partick need anymore midfielders either...

I doubt he'd go to Partick to play wide left again. McCall's insistence on playing him there at Ayr would be a cautionary tale for him. Tbqh though I'm not sure he's the type of midfielder we need.

Edited by Trogdor

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

I doubt he'd go to Partick to play wide left again. McCall's insistence on playing him there at Ayr would be a cautionary tale for him. Tbqh though I'm not sure he's the type of midfielder we need.

He isn’t tbh, if we keep the same formation then he would play the role Hewitt has for me. We would still need a deeper midfielder to replace Muirhead. 

15 hours ago, Hursty said:

I don't mean this a criticism, more me just looking for optimism.  What games between now and say, Christmas do you actually THINK we will win?  I can't see a single one.  I'm looking at home games.v Morton for example as 'winnable' but it depends on a defence being rock solid under pressure and taking any chance we make, like i felt for the Arbroath game where we did neither and actually scraped a draw.  

Next game for example - Dunfermline at home.  We will have 1 up front in Adeloye and will shell it at him all day hoping he does something, meanwhile hoping Todorov is somehow bad enough that he can't lose Baird or McGinty.    Doesn't seem promising....and the Pars have been shite so far 

I've just watched the Dunfermline match and they are absolutely horrific and make us look like a real quality side.

Bobby Linn has only been on for the last 15 mins and is ripping them to shreds, they have no midfield, their defence is shocking and Todorov looks like a complete donkey up top plus pretty disinterested to boot.

Yes, we are bad and Yes, we have serious problems, however I'd say we're in a much better situation than Dunfermline after watching that.

Morton just humped 3-0 at home so I'd say they may also have issues and Queens also beaten at home by Hamilton, so No, I've not quite chucked in the towel as yet.

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I've just watched the Dunfermline match and they are absolutely horrific and make us look like a real quality side.

How's your predictions looked thus far this summer chief?

The difference is that if Dunfermline replace their manager then they're still in a very strong position.

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

How's your predictions looked thus far this summer chief?

The difference is that if Dunfermline replace their manager then they're still in a very strong position.

Pretty decent, I've had 4 Five Fold Accas up so far.........

1 hour ago, mugen_power said:

Are Dunfermline worse than us?

At the moment there is every chance they are as Peter Grant is a much worse manager than Hopkin but once they empty him and get a competent manager in I’d expect them to pull away as there squad is far too good to be down in the relegation zone. 

So Morton got emptied today at Thistle , Thistle got emptied last week at Arbroath,  Arbroath destroyed the Pars in Fife . Maybe our draw with Arbroath wasn’t such a bad result after all .

In other news  it looks like Gavin Reilly is going out on loan to Morton , dispelling the assumption that Livingston only lend players to part time clubs .

8 minutes ago, North British said:

So Morton got emptied today at Thistle , Thistle got emptied last week at Arbroath,  Arbroath destroyed the Pars in Fife . Maybe our draw with Arbroath wasn’t such a bad result after all .

In other news  it looks like Gavin Reilly is going out on loan to Morton , dispelling the assumption that Livingston only lend players to part time clubs .

Livingston merrily had Jack Hamilton on a season long loan to us two years ago and Ross Stewart joined him from January too. It was always a nonsense suggestion.

It hasn’t dispelled anything chief. Reilly isn’t a player that is going to be in Livingstons long term plans so there’s no real need for Martindale to monitor him so closely when he’s away on loan.

We don’t exactly need another striker that isn’t fit anyway so it would be a massive waste of time.
Livingston merrily had Jack Hamilton on a season long loan to us two years ago and Ross Stewart joined him from January too. It was always a nonsense suggestion.

Not really though. Their relationship with Arbroath has only really started since Martindale took over and even their fans have stated that he’d much rather have the players that he sees with a future at the club to go on loan to PT clubs so they can continue to train through the week with Livi. It’s actually not a bad idea in fairness.

20 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Not really though. Their relationship with Arbroath has only really started since Martindale took over and even their fans have stated that he’d much rather have the players that he sees with a future at the club to go on loan to PT clubs so they can continue to train through the week with Livi. It’s actually not a bad idea in fairness.

Martindale has been in charge of player movements at that club long before he was manager in name. Many full time loan deals come with the proviso that the player still trains one or two days a week with the parent club. Robby McCrorie did with Rangers when he played for us. If they want to do that they'll do it whether full time or part time.

The notion that Livi will only loan to part time clubs is fallacy. It may well be that he likes how Arbroath work with them and chooses to favour loans there of course.