The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I was a massive fan of McCall and was gutted when he left. However, it has to be remembered that he got very, very lucky with Shankland. Without his goals we would not have been anywhere near promotion play offs.

We scored over 100 goals and Shankland scored 30 of them. It’s doing a massive disservice to Moffat, Moore and the way we were set up to play saying it was just about Shankland and his goals. 

Shankland is probably the best player to come through Ayr in my opinion since the late 80s, maybe even up to Steve Nicol. That includes Conway, Teale and Stevenson who all were called up to Scotland (and completely ignoring Nesbit and McKenna) When Ayr signed him he was on the verge of moving part time and left one of the brightest prospects in Scottish football. McCall may well have got lucky with Shankland but Shankland got lucky with Ayr. 

Raith game is now next Tuesday, the same time as the Scotland v Austria game.

making Ayr fans choose to either watch the national team or what they offer currently. It’s almost like we are being trolled now.

we’ll also miss out on an away support. 

if they offer streaming I can see a few fans doing split screen to do them both.

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Raith game is now next Tuesday, the same time as the Scotland v Austria game.

making Ayr fans choose to either watch the national team or what they offer currently. It’s almost like we are being trolled now.

we’ll also miss out on an away support. 

if they offer streaming I can see a few fans doing split screen to do them both.

The lack of thought for fans is genuinely worrying. I have a season ticket and generally support Scotland and Ayr pretty equally - situations like this certainly won’t be encouraging me to get another one.

Do season tickets holders still get free streaming?

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

The lack of thought for fans is genuinely worrying. I have a season ticket and generally support Scotland and Ayr pretty equally - situations like this certainly won’t be encouraging me to get another one.

Do season tickets holders still get free streaming?

I think so, not 100% sure now fans are back though

19 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

There’s Reilly signed for Morton on loan

On a season long loan as well, so plenty of time for him to get fully match match for them - which was a concern of many if we were to sign him. An excellent signing for them - I can only assume we have something else up our sleeve. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

On a season long loan as well, so plenty of time for him to get fully match match for them - which was a concern of many if we were to sign him. An excellent signing for them - I can only assume we have something else up our sleeve

Unfortunately Kalvin Orsi signed for Dumbarton

18 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

On a season long loan as well, so plenty of time for him to get fully match match for them - which was a concern of many if we were to sign him. An excellent signing for them - I can only assume we have something else up our sleeve. 

We need someone who is fit currently. Reilly has not played more than 25 minutes if any game for over a year and only played 70 minutes  total in his clubs 10 games this season , it’s a gamble taking him 

18 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

We need someone who is fit currently. Reilly has not played more than 25 minutes if any game for over a year and only played 70 minutes  total in his clubs 10 games this season , it’s a gamble taking him 

Literally every single player is a gamble, particularly at this point of the window - you aren’t getting a marquee signing. I’ll be amazed if we are getting someone in that’s better than Reilly. 

ETA, the proof will be in how Reilly does for Morton - either way!

Edited by No_Problemo

26 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Literally every single player is a gamble, particularly at this point of the window - you aren’t getting a marquee signing. I’ll be amazed if we are getting someone in that’s better than Reilly. 

ETA, the proof will be in how Reilly does for Morton - either way!

I would be astonished if we sign anyone else

Has it actually been stated that we are still looking to add to the squad or have we just been taking that for granted?

Also, has an aim for this season been stated, in terms of league position. Feel so out of the loop as to what's going on with the club this season.

Has it actually been stated that we are still looking to add to the squad or have we just been taking that for granted?
Also, has an aim for this season been stated, in terms of league position. Feel so out of the loop as to what's going on with the club this season.
Hopkin said in a post match interview not sure if it was killie or Arbroath that he wanted to being in a midfielder and apparently we had one training with us

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

It was stated several weeks ago, but there has been absolutely nothing since! 

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Let's worry about the qualities a new player is going to bring to us first of all then worry about how many games we're going to get from them. 

I'm getting really twitchy and concerned  that what we've got currently is going to be what we have to be getting on with. 

That's the real gamble we should all be concerned about. 

Edited to add that we weren't overly concerned about Afolabi's apparent fitness issues when bringing him in. 

Edited by BukyOHare

Pretty sure it has been mentioned a few times that we were looking for players over the past few weeks in post match interviews and the AP. It was two strikers that we needed until we brought in Afolabi, it then changed to a midfielder at that point.