The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Stevenson has quit Albion Rovers. 

Surely not

The problem is midfield. The club has enough keepers already.

1 hour ago, Iain said:

Deadline day folks. What will we see more of?

a) Players signing for Ayr.

or

b) People pointing out that domestic loans and free transfers don't need to be done by the deadline.

In fairness the ostrich count is fairly low around here now, even if people aren't quite ready to accept that there was demonstrably little intention of this season being anything other than a free hit after managing not to get relegated last time.

Edited by Thumper

13 hours ago, mugen_power said:

I took this to mean "Only an idiot [in Ayr United's current position] would accept less than 100k for Muirhead."

Not that Muirhead as a player has a value of 100k on the market, but rather his value to Ayr United as it stands right at this very moment

Aye, but Hopkin would then hand it to Morton for Robbie Muirhead.

Make it so.

40 minutes ago, Iain said:

I'm a little surprised he's not looking at coaching.

He’s got his own company outside football and said on one of the open goal podcasts that he hadn’t done any coaching badges but would love to be a manager, so I don’t think he’ll go in to coaching at a senior level anyway.

21 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

He’s got his own company outside football and said on one of the open goal podcasts that he hadn’t done any coaching badges but would love to be a manager, so I don’t think he’ll go in to coaching at a senior level anyway.

Aye has a property factor business based in EK. Pretty sure they are next to my work, hence why I suggested EK as a possible destination. 

8 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Paul Smith out on loan to Cumnock. At least we know Ayrs HR department are working today

Would be nice of the club to actually let us know instead of having to rely on a Junior team. 

Not even a tweet hinting at anything from the VOR.

after midnight we are on to free’s and domestic loans.

if we aren’t able to utilise contacts down south to get players in on loan then we are relying on the same market every team in the Championship is currently shopping in. 

I'd normally be one of the folk classed as a happy clapper but this window has broke me, screeming out for a central midfielder for so long now, we haven't signed a player since the eve of the killie game on the 4th of August, the Burnley "partnership" that was game changing apparently is a big a damp squid as I can remember, really hoped to see someone come in today but it's looking highly unlikely it's going to be long season of hoppyball

29 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

I'd normally be one of the folk classed as a happy clapper but this window has broke me, screeming out for a central midfielder for so long now, we haven't signed a player since the eve of the killie game on the 4th of August, the Burnley "partnership" that was game changing apparently is a big a damp squid as I can remember, really hoped to see someone come in today but it's looking highly unlikely it's going to be long season of hoppyball

There is still time yet, but I've got a funny feeling it won't be long until he is in the paper blaming the C19 isolation for the lack of transfer movement. 

48 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Just out of curiosity as I remember it being announced at the time but how many players (I’m guessing youth players) did you get on loan from Burnley

Edited by third lanark

50 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Just out of curiosity as I remember it being announced at the time but how many players (I’m guessing youth players) did you get on loan from Burnley

It was meant to be a couple, we even played them in a friendly at Somerset. They obviously aren't keen for whatever reason to loan players to us or we're not keen to take what they have offered if any.

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:

I don’t think I’m overly negative normally, but have been fully heads gone for quite a while now! The lack or arrivals has been exacerbated by the other things over the last few weeks. 

If a central midfielder isn’t in by the Raith game I’ll just be completely scunnered.