The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

11 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

While Jack Ross still seems a bit unrealistic it now seems a lot more realistic than before. 

Unless Smith and Mathie are going to announce Ross, who is lured with the promise of spunking 10's of thousands on players in the next 18 months. It would show a statement of ambition. No guarantee of success either. 

I imagine they will still be keeping Duffy until the end of the season or it becomes messy and they have to punt him, whatever comes first. 

His first job will hopefully be phoning every agent in existence to try and get players in.  

I don't see their being much chance of Jack Ross coming in here, unfortunately. Despite Mathie making an arse of the deals for Jamie McCart and Jamie McGrath, I don't think it soured his relationship with Ross as he seemed to continue to back him when Ron Gordon wanted him sacked. I just think it's unlikely Ross will drop down to this level right now. 

What it does mean is that Mathie will almost certainly have a huge role to play in January with signings and then another big task to appoint the right manager in the summer. Duffy will probably hang around for now, but if Mathie advises Smith to cut him loose and start the search for a new manager early then I can see it happening. 

This is a move that a lot of us have been crying out for Smith to make an although we're still in huge danger of being relegated, I feel a bit more confident that we'll get the right players in and hopefully the right manager as well. 

I’ve accepted we’re probably stuck with Jim Duffy until the end of the season (unless we start being cut adrift) however he simply can’t be our manager next season regardless of what division we’re in.

Our next appointment needs to be someone that Smith/Mathie want to build the squad for at least the next 3-5 years. The more I think about it the more I think someone like Ian Murray should be that man. 

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/exclusive/hibs-graeme-mathie-explains-transfer-software-aiding-easter-road-recruitment/

Hibs sporting director Graeme Mathie has explained how the Easter Road club have benefitted from using transfer software with the likes of Arsenal and Juventus.

Described as ‘transfer speed-dating,’ TransferRoom is a platform which allows clubs to network directly on a wide-range of topics, mainly recruitment. Hibs secured the signing of Vykintas Slivka from Juventus in 2017 with help from the service while a friendly has been arranged with fellow platform-user Arsenal.

Excited for Aaron Ramsey to swap the black and white of Juve to solve our CM issue

Edited by GaryMc93

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’ve accepted we’re probably stuck with Jim Duffy until the end of the season (unless we start being cut adrift) however he simply can’t be our manager next season regardless of what division we’re in.

Our next appointment needs to be someone that Smith/Mathie want to build the squad for at least the next 3-5 years. The more I think about it the more I think someone like Ian Murray should be that man. 

Hmmm i've never taken to him personally...

His short spell at St Mirren was a disaster but maybe a case of being too soon a job for him

image.png.b0ee0a756661383bc643bf0a4721c7f3.png

Fair play, that is totally out of the blue and strikes of a hitherto unseen degree of ambition.

What that means for mister we-have-no-right-to-get-a-point-at-cappielow is another story, but you have to imagine that Mathie has at least a passing recent familiarity with what not winning a league game in months means.