The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Suprised to read that their was still tickets available earlier this morning. Is everyone sitting in the stand? Find it crazy when the Govt are harking on about well ventilated places/outdoors, and we could potentially have the whole NT shut off to fans 

It's nuts but that's what happens when the government arbitrarily set a 500 fan limit. We're effectively at <5% capacity at Somerset. Which is bizarre given we have significant capacity available which is for all intents and purposes outside. Utterly bizarre.

15 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Suprised to read that their was still tickets available earlier this morning. Is everyone sitting in the stand? Find it crazy when the Govt are harking on about well ventilated places/outdoors, and we could potentially have the whole NT shut off to fans 

Had a few returned due to some covid test’s being positive , and everyone is in the stand , open any other area of the ground incurs more turnstile operators , more kiosk staff , more stewards ( as it’s the amount of terrace they cover and not number of people ) harder to maintain the 1 metre rule with people walking about, that’s why some clubs took the option of not allowing anyone in  

Edited by Finlay21

26 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Had a few returned due to some covid test’s being positive , and everyone is in the stand , open any other area of the ground incurs more turnstile operators , more kiosk staff , more stewards ( as it’s the amount of terrace they cover and not number of people ) harder to maintain the 1 metre rule with people walking about, that’s why some clubs took the option of not allowing anyone in  

The irony being that the 1 metre rule is right out the window when visiting the crammed indoor covid hotspots of Tesco, Sainburys, Asda, Aldi, Lidl etc, etc etc.

#followthescience

35 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I'm sure the 500 shoppers per day at Silverburn will of course be forced to do this. 

Edited by itzdrk

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I have absolutely zero interest in sitting in an awful freezing stand with 300 odd others to watch us!

It's not much different from any other game for me, where I'd normally be standing with 400 or 500 others out in a freezing and uncovered NT.

At least I'll have a roof today and no issue of the sun blinding me (on the off chance that it appears) or a rogue seagull targeting me !!

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

It's not much different from any other game for me, where I'd normally be standing with 400 or 500 others out in a freezing and uncovered NT.

At least I'll have a roof today and no issue of the sun blinding me (on the off chance that it appears) or a rogue seagull targeting me !!

I’m usually NT as well, but there is just something awful about watching on from a cramped stand. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m usually NT as well, but there is just something awful about watching on from a cramped stand. 

Aye, the NT beats the main stand hands down. I hate sitting down to watch the football, it's unnatural. 

13 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

11 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Aye, the NT beats the main stand hands down. I hate sitting down to watch the football, it's unnatural. 

Agree, however I'm hoping the change of viewing angle will change our luck.

I'm pulling out all the stops today, the hooped shirt has been bad luck so far so I'm resurrecting the all white shirt from two (or was it 3) seasons ago as it was generally pretty lucky.

Yes, that's the desperate stage that I've reached........

11 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Agree, however I'm hoping the change of viewing angle will change our luck.

I'm pulling out all the stops today, the hooped shirt has been bad luck so far so I'm resurrecting the all white shirt from two (or was it 3) seasons ago as it was generally pretty lucky.

Yes, that's the desperate stage that I've reached........

Cursed

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Cammy and I on stand by, just say the word and we’ll be there 👍

I'm a season ticket holder, none of the folk I go with are going due to family commitments or don't have a season ticket and I don't want to sit in the stand. 

If the terrace had been opened, I'd have gone along on my own. 

Be interesting to see how they play under almost completely different coaching staff for the first time this season.