The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Both probably.

Gives us a couple of options. I’d think first and foremost we’ll try him at centre half.

True - looking forward to the teams tomorrow night to find out the initial thought.

Central midfielder now please! 

Edited by No_Problemo

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Is this a sign that Houston isn’t rated as a starter, or are they looking for someone more capable on the ball at centre half...

Based on Bullen wanting to play out from the back I'd think CB. As a natural RB hopefully he's decent on the ball and be similar to Ndaba ability wise.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Both probably.

Gives us a couple of options. I’d think first and foremost we’ll try him at centre half.

I'd be very surprised / shocked if an untried 19 year old walks in to the team at CH ahead of Fjortoft (if still here), Baird, McGinty (the captain) or Muirhead (vice captain).

I'm not saying he shouldn't but just don't think he will.

4 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

Easy tiger, was tongue in cheek, but the midfielder we’re crying out for. Bullen did say 1/2 in after Saturday.

Id be disappointed if he didn't sign a midfielder. This boy has been signed on loan, we have an extra month to do deals like that. Not the signing we needed.

Id be disappointed if he didn't sign a midfielder. This boy has been signed on loan, we have an extra month to do deals like that. Not the signing we needed.

We didn’t. Loans from England have to be done today. It’s only domestic loans that can be sorted out in February.

Just now, Roxanne's man said:

Agree, Midfielder is the priority, a 19 year old defender from the Coventry youth team certainly isn't.

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Blaine Rowe confirmed.

Odd signing after giving Houston a new deal . City will expect this boy to get game time so either Houston will be used sparingly or Aero/Fjortoft are moving on . Interesting .

So who’s it doing to be for DCM ? Liam Craig , Iain Wilson , Alex Gogic or a bolter from London again .?.

Odd signing after giving Houston a new deal . City will expect this boy to get game time so either Houston will be used sparingly or Aero/Fjortoft are moving on . Interesting .
So who’s it doing to be for DCM ? Liam Craig , Iain Wilson , Alex Gogic or a bolter from London again .?.

Aye we’re signing Alex Gogic for 150K despite him having an offer from St Mirren.

2 minutes ago, North British said:

Us signing Iain Wilson would be even worse than Dunfermline signing slow Joe in terms of "why", "what are they thinking about".

1 minute ago, Mod1967 said:

They surely must see that, if its a matter of pushing the boat out then it has to be done 

Bullen used the bizarre phrase "player trading" in his first interview. It seems to be 1 in 1 out. I am sure there will be a post about Fjortoft in the coming days. This will be his replacement. We have replaced Salkeld, Bradley and Chalmers. 

I'm not sure they will change the budget based on this. 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Wilson is far better than Chalmers...

All depends on his fitness. 

That's precisely my point, presumably Dunfermline brought in Chalmers to replace him and given he's only played about 20 games in 3 years wouldn't make me think he's the man to be pinning our hopes on, especially as Dunfermline have for all intents and purposes just punted him.

Bullen used the bizarre phrase "player trading" in his first interview. It seems to be 1 in 1 out. I am sure there will be a post about Fjortoft in the coming days. This will be his replacement. We have replaced Salkeld, Bradley and Chalmers. 
I'm not sure they will change the budget based on this. 

I feel like the priority always was getting players out and then trying to improve on it. It’s not as if we had a small squad we were just horrifically imbalanced and had players that were no where near good enough. Fjortoft and Afolabi out and hopefully one more in today with another loan sometime in February.