The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Curious, as he had been with half the number of clubs Adeloye's been with at that age. All better teams, too.

More than double your original claim of 4 then?

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Only another 2 clubs for Adeloye to match GGH's total! 11 years on his side to do so.

Hold on are you not counting clubs he was loaned to? At Adeloyes age he had been at 9 clubs (Celtic Youth, Blackburn, Huddersfield, Bury, Blackpool, Grimsby Town, Partick Thistle, Dundee, Kilmarnock). Admittedly, not quite at the same figure as Tomi.

I cited Harkins as I remember on Off the Ball they were listing his clubs and it went on for a solid minute. It's made less bad as he signed for the same club two (Partick) and three (Dundee) times. Every bit a football nomad save for his spells at Dundee. Especially post his last spell.

I wasn't comparing ability wise. Although for Ayr it's no contest. The Gary Harkins we had bore no resemblance to the one at Dundee.

The number of clubs isn't necessary a surprise for the guys in and around London. Especially if they are not with a professional club as a youth player. We signed Ryan Gondoh who had also had a similar number of clubs.

Just now, Trogdor said:

More than double your original claim of 4 then?

Hold on are you not counting clubs he was loaned to? At Adeloyes age he had been at 9 clubs (Celtic Youth, Blackburn, Huddersfield, Bury, Blackpool, Grimsby Town, Partick Thistle, Dundee, Kilmarnock). Admittedly, not quite at the same figure as Tomi.

I cited Harkins as I remember on Off the Ball they were listing his clubs and it went on for a solid minute. It's made less bad as he signed for the same club two (Partick) and three (Dundee) times. Every bit a football nomad save for his spells at Dundee. Especially post his last spell.

I wasn't comparing ability wise. Although for Ayr it's no contest. The Gary Harkins we had bore no resemblance to the one at Dundee.

The number of clubs isn't necessary a surprise for the guys in and around London. Especially if they are not with a professional club as a youth player. We signed Ryan Gondoh who had also had a similar number of clubs.

Gary Harkins has been at 16 different clubs including loan spells and his time at Gartcairn Juniors. If you want to include Celtic Youth when he was 14 :lol: then fair enough we'll count it as 17.

Tomi Adeloye has been at 15 different clubs at the age of 26 including East Kilbride (I didn't originally).

It's not really a contest, ability or the amount of clubs!

19 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Gary Harkins has been at 16 different clubs including loan spells and his time at Gartcairn Juniors. If you want to include Celtic Youth when he was 14 :lol: then fair enough we'll count it as 17.

Tomi Adeloye has been at 15 different clubs at the age of 26 including East Kilbride (I didn't originally).

Aye, but Tomi could be at Swindon for the rest of his career. 16 clubs…😀😀

35 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I forgot how dogmatic you Dees fans get when there is chat about Harkins. It is almost as bad as QoS fans and Dobbie.

I still think your counting is off by the looks of transfermarkt but I can't be arsed counting it out. Harkins it about 2 phone screens on my S22 where as Tomi is 1 screen.

28 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I forgot how dogmatic you Dees fans get when there is chat about Harkins. It is almost as bad as QoS fans and Dobbie.

I still think your counting is off by the looks of transfermarkt but I can't be arsed counting it out. Harkins it about 2 phone screens on my S22 where as Tomi is 1 screen.

It was you that brought Harkins up FFS.

Dogmatic. Fucking hell. :lol:

Took my cousins kids along to the open day and they loved it. Thought it was a nice touch having some of the womens team there. We throughly enjoyed the player hunt and seeing places we had never been before like the changing rooms and the board room. Dont suppose anyone knows who the number 7 lassie was? She wasnt named on the sheet and signed the bottom of it and the kids are wanting to add her name  but were too shy to ask 😂

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Harkins came to us at what? 30? Don’t think he’d actually played for that many clubs at that point. It’s also been suggested that the guy was going through a few personal problems when he came to us which means I’m not an inclined to give him as much stick as other players who’ve rocked up at Somerset and contributed very little.

I don't think Harkins was that bad. We just never played him in his actual position.

Worth remembering that Gary Harkins has won a major trophy. Which means he has won more major trophies in his career than the entire club of Ayr United has in 100+ years.

He’s also eaten more pies than the entirety of Ayr combined.

47 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Took my cousins kids along to the open day and they loved it. Thought it was a nice touch having some of the womens team there. We throughly enjoyed the player hunt and seeing places we had never been before like the changing rooms and the board room. Dont suppose anyone knows who the number 7 lassie was? She wasnt named on the sheet and signed the bottom of it and the kids are wanting to add her name  but were too shy to ask 😂

No idea if you can make out the signature but Lyndsey Whiteside wore number 7 last season. Going by the pictures the rest of the ladies team were all wearing their numbers from last season.  

26 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

No idea if you can make out the signature but Lyndsey Whiteside wore number 7 last season. Going by the pictures the rest of the ladies team were all wearing their numbers from last season.  

Cheers for that. Nah the sig is just a squiggle 😂 certainly looks like the lassie in the pics of the squad last season. I can now tell the kids who it is. Top guy! 

48 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Worth noting that there has been more posts by Kilmarnock supporters in the Ayr United thread today than there has been posts by Kilmarnock supporters in the Kilmarnock thread.

What sad, pathetic little men you are.

UPDATE - NOW IT'S LEVEL.