The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, Thumper said:

NT wasn't exactly empty but it was hardly rammed. Coupled with Accies shitfucking with choice of halves, the SRE was also probably less busy than it's been for a while. That said, I got waved through the turnstiles at the Dundee game because the scanner wasn't working, and I imagine this is fairly commonplace. Presumably the gates currently go by the scanners and not be turnstile rotations.

It’s incredibly tinpot how often this happens.

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

I suppose it doesn't really matter if they don't suspect people are cheating. If the ticket has already been bought then it doesn't matter whether it gets scanned or not. The issue comes if people figure out that they'll get waved through with a fake code.

Unless there is something spectacular that crops up then I doubt we will get anyone of note in. 
When Sinisalo got injured, Villa whipped him away sharpish but Arsenal seemed to be happy to continue Kirks loan. Hopefully the development of Kirk means we can get frequent loans from them. 

Would be nice if they had a midfielder on the edge of the first team needing some game time for the next 4 months. 

43 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Very rarely have all scanners gone  down , there has been occasion where the odd  scanner has gone down due to WiFi issues , club doing right thing getting fans through manually rather than making everyone wait until WiFi re connects 

Edited by Finlay21

Previous transfer windows we've generally NEEDED about 3 or 4 players (sometimes more), however I think most would agree that our current squad is pretty strong relatively speaking and while we'd all like a quality acquisition in the centre of the park or up top, I don't think there's any major requirement, unless of course Murdoch is expected to be out for any length of time.

Irrespective, I'm sure the guys who matter are working hard behind the scenes and if anyone becomes available within our budget powers then we'll likely have them lining up for us in the not too distant future....

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

NT wasn't exactly empty but it was hardly rammed. Coupled with Accies shitfucking with choice of halves, the SRE was also probably less busy than it's been for a while. That said, I got waved through the turnstiles at the Dundee game because the scanner wasn't working, and I imagine this is fairly commonplace. Presumably the gates currently go by the scanners and not be turnstile rotations.

At the Pollok game my Dad handed over his ticket, the lassie said the scanners weren't working and she gave him it back and ticked him off.  Once he was through, he realised he had given her his half time draw ticket by accident :lol:

11 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

At the Pollok game my Dad handed over his ticket, the lassie said the scanners weren't working and she gave him it back and ticked him off.  Once he was through, he realised he had given her his half time draw ticket by accident :lol:

I hope it was not a winning ticket!

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Previous transfer windows we've generally NEEDED about 3 or 4 players (sometimes more), however I think most would agree that our current squad is pretty strong relatively speaking and while we'd all like a quality acquisition in the centre of the park or up top, I don't think there's any major requirement, unless of course Murdoch is expected to be out for any length of time.

Irrespective, I'm sure the guys who matter are working hard behind the scenes and if anyone becomes available within our budget powers then we'll likely have them lining up for us in the not too distant future....

I’d argue we need that amount again if we are seriously looking at promotion.

Need a starting LB and RB. Reading has been very poor at LB while Houston and McAllister are both equal levels of mediocre at RB. 

Centre Midfielder is essential imo as while Dempsey and Murdoch are both very good if either of them get inured we’re looking at Hewitt, Smith or Bangala.

Could also do with another Striker in to complement Akinyemi as got feeling Young could be away back to Villa and that would allow Bryden to go out on loan. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

11 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’d argue we need that amount again if we are seriously looking at promotion.

Need a starting LB and RB. Reading has been very poor at LB which Houston and McAllister are both equal levels of mediocre.

Centre Midfielder is essential imo as while Dempsey and Murdoch are both very good if either of them get inured we’re looking at Hewitt, Smith or Bangala.

Could also do with another Striker in to complement Akinyemi as got feeling Young could be away back to Villa and that would allow Bryden to go out on loan. 

I think if we lose anyone that they definitely will be replaced but not entirely sure that we have a budget there to just further add to the squad unless we actually get rid of 1 or 2.

Our squad was already one of the biggest in the league but by recalling Hewitt we've made it even bigger.

I get what you're saying that we are top heavy in mediocrity but I do think we need a bit of realism as regards to what is possible within our budget.

I'm not privy to facts and figures regarding our wages or contracts but I'm assuming that Bangala was purchased as a starter rather than a fringe player / write off and there's no doubt that Reading and Houston re-signed as our starting full backs with Ecrepont and McAllister as cover. Up top it was obviously hoped / assumed that Ashford, McKenzie and Bryden would all be more than capable of challenging for a starting place alongside Dipo and the arrival of Brad Young was another definite option with O'Connor and JML our wide men. Obviously Chalmers and Mullin both arrived later so were maybe seen as the top notchers that we couldn't refuse.

I honestly don't think it would make good business sense to go out and try and upgrade half our team (which would cost a fortune) and again there's no guarantee of any sort of success or improvement on what we already have.

I do appreciate that there's always room for improvement but we also need to be sensible and prudent about it and in reality we're sitting 2nd in the league right now with Musonda, Houston and O'Connor all due back soon, so I honestly do think we're still in a pretty strong position (assuming we don't lose anyone) as we stand right now.

I think the problem will come about if those around is in the league table are able to strengthen, as if they get better and we stand still, that could see even a top 4 finish diminish.

If I was to pick one potential place to strengthen then it would be in the forward area - a box based goal scorer - the number of chances that we create even in a bad game is huge.  While I like Sam, McKenzie and Bryden along with Young, none of them are really cutting it in goal numbers.  We could be doing with peak Craig Moore 😫

Striker and centre mid definate priorities this window, excess cash which I don't think we have you would look at left back, possibly right back and even another wide player, 4/5 are very average for our league although good lads. 

I'd be happy with striker and a CM with Bryden out on loan for experience and Bangala possibly away 

I don’t see a striker coming in when you have Dipo/McKenzie/Young/Bryden there so one if not 2 would have to go. Centre mid and possibly a defender (who knows when Musonda will be back) would be priorities for me with possibly getting Mullin on a permanent deal.