The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 hours ago, WATTOO said:

In 2011 and 2012 in the Championship / old Division 1 our average home support was under 1,300 and in 2019 it was a couple of hundred less than now, so in real terms we've actually increased the crowds by a good few hundred over the past few years.

It wasn't that long ago that we had dipped under the 1,000 mark for our home gates so we're actually doing pretty damn good at the minute, especially in the middle of a cost of living crisis where a day out at the Football is far from cheap.

If we also take into consideration the illegal streaming and TV choices etc, then again I'd say we're doing great and it looks like it's only going to get better so You'll not find me moaning about our crowds, that's for sure...

I also think Camerons Bar has helped with the gates . I also think the new stand , with coverr over the noth bank terrace will add even more .  That's if we are still in about the top end of the league .

5 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

On that subject Arbroath seem to be attracting about the same home support as ourselves, pretty embarrassing if you ask me.

Our home support is around 35% higher than last season and growing 

Edited by Finlay21

Small steps and all that, bar, covered terrace, far superior run club will all help, us sados ,masachists call us what you like are about 1500 strong and will loyally (stupidly) follow no matter what and we and likeus willalwaysmeanthere'san AyrUnited we are undoubtedly better fans in my opinion, but we do need to embrace the floaters, the club need them to push on, some might get our silly bug or even better their kids might.......Ritchie put your arm around them next time on the terrace, you just never know 

12 minutes ago, rb123! said:

IF there's any truth to Telfer i'd imagine it's if we lose Chalmers or Mullin this month

Telfer isn’t a wide player so wouldn’t make sense in that regard. 

It actually wouldn’t make sense in any regard for us to sign him. He’s decent technically but he’s completely powderpuff and I don’t see him being up to this level. 

1 hour ago, Mod1967 said:

Small steps and all that, bar, covered terrace, far superior run club will all help, us sados ,masachists call us what you like are about 1500 strong and will loyally (stupidly) follow no matter what and we and likeus willalwaysmeanthere'san AyrUnited we are undoubtedly better fans in my opinion, but we do need to embrace the floaters, the club need them to push on, some might get our silly bug or even better their kids might.......Ritchie put your arm around them next time on the terrace, you just never know 

It's the good times that make the bad times worth enduring IMO. It's some buzz.

8 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Careful now! 😂

IMG_20230110_230423.jpg

Yeah keep it cordial but decent Ritchie 

9 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

It's the good times that make the bad times worth enduring IMO. It's some buzz.

Absolutely, good time fans get enjoyment from wins, but nothing compared to us mentally damaged diehards who remember the maulings from the Brechins and East Fifes of this world 

On attendances, on Saturday it was announced as 1900 odd. I looked into the main stand which look around 75-80% full, which would be around 1000. There’s no chance you’re then telling me there’s only around 900 across the NT and SR. I don’t know if season tickets aren’t included or something, but there’s been a few games this season where the official attendance has been a lot lower than what has actually been in the ground. 

4 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

On attendances, on Saturday it was announced as 1900 odd. I looked into the main stand which look around 75-80% full, which would be around 1000. There’s no chance you’re then telling me there’s only around 900 across the NT and SR. I don’t know if season tickets aren’t included or something, but there’s been a few games this season where the official attendance has been a lot lower than what has actually been in the ground. 

I must admit, I did comment to my mates out on the NT just before kick off that it looked like we had a very good support, having said that, Hamilton didn't have many at all but still thought we'd be around the 2,100 mark for home fans alone.

5 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

NHS England on why public sector marketing isn't the private sector's 'poor  cousin'

5 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

On attendances, on Saturday it was announced as 1900 odd. I looked into the main stand which look around 75-80% full, which would be around 1000. There’s no chance you’re then telling me there’s only around 900 across the NT and SR.

NT wasn't exactly empty but it was hardly rammed. Coupled with Accies shitfucking with choice of halves, the SRE was also probably less busy than it's been for a while. That said, I got waved through the turnstiles at the Dundee game because the scanner wasn't working, and I imagine this is fairly commonplace. Presumably the gates currently go by the scanners and not be turnstile rotations.