The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

20 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

So we're pretty much saying that when Musonda comes back (if he ever does) we should be fine from February to the end of the season, massive risk really. 

We probably don't need to pick up any more points to achieve our goal so there is no risk. 

13 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

We probably don't need to pick up any more points to achieve our goal so there is no risk. 

Our goal at the start of the season would of been a mid table finish I would of imagined but given where we currently sit failure to make the playoffs needs to be looked on as a failure or at the very least a massive missed opportunity. 

Targets can always be changed. If Bullen feels that all he needs is one or two players to seriously contend for the title then I don’t see why he shouldn’t be trusted. He’s done well to change our own perception of him since the league cup games. 

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Targets can always be changed. If Bullen feels that all he needs is one or two players to seriously contend for the title then I don’t see why he shouldn’t be trusted. He’s done well to change our own perception of him since the league cup games. 

One or two for the playoffs I can buy, but for serious title contenders seems a massive stretch.

21 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Our goal at the start of the season would of been a mid table finish I would of imagined but given where we currently sit failure to make the playoffs needs to be looked on as a failure or at the very least a massive missed opportunity. 

I would agree with that. Given the first half of the season that we have had, I think playoffs should be a minimum expectation. After the terrible League Cup campaign, I would have been very happy with a mid table finish before the season started. That would at least be an improvement over the past couple of seasons. However, I would now be a bit disappointed if we dropped off into mid table and missed out on the play-offs. I would not go so far as to call that a failure (I would not want Bullen sacked for it) but given the start we've had, it would be a massive missed opportunity as you said.

I'd be very surprised if the club's goals are not a minimum of a playoff place tbh.

17 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

One or two for the playoffs I can buy, but for serious title contenders seems a massive stretch.

If we were going all out for the title I would say we needed at least four players who are an upgrade on what we currently have. That's not going to happen though. I would be very surprised if there were more than two signings before the window closes.