The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, AuAl said:

b1c0a049de4ace4e8548899b76d5c6f7.gif.e9149a1e885ef524f45c7d3c78e46853.gif

He was absolutely shit before getting sent off, did some wee turns and immediately lost the ball.  It's not YouTube highlights it's a live game. 

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

Anybody know how sexy O'Connor got sent off? I thought it was the Inverness player at first 🤔

Shit tackle, went over the top of the ball after losing it.  Not nasty, just shit. 

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

He was absolutely shit before getting sent off, did some wee turns and immediately lost the ball.  It's not YouTube highlights it's a live game. 

Apart from setting up a goal of course. 

ETA, he tries things - they don’t always come off but it’s far better than getting the ball and just passing it back the way. Some things will come off, some won’t - more than willing to accept that. 

Edited by No_Problemo

Think Lee Bullen has done well for getting the club back together and for it being stable in this league but sadly, I think this is as far as he can take us. 

I really think of Smith/Mathie and Co really want to achieve in the coming seasons then Bullens contract should not be renewed in the summer. 

I say this with regret too, as he comes across as a really good guy but the football is becoming boring and predictable, the tactics are stale and his subs are questionable at best.

Edited by THEHonestman1910

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

He wasn't great no, and he often flatters to deceive, but he was the only player to have done anything up until that point by setting up the goal.

Edited by AuAl

15 clear of 9th with 27 to play for.  Can't see us picking up any wins other than Cove at home but that's presumably still enough to stay up.   Falkirk with a 5-0 win today - the worry is that without Mullin or O'Connor they will destroy us next week.  A bit of a depressing end to the season. 

2 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Think Lee Bullen has done well for getting the club back together and for it being stable in this league but sadly, I think this is as far as he can take us. 

I really think of Smith/Mathie and Co really want to achieve in the coming seasons then Bullens contract should not be renewed in the summer. 

totally agree. naive against those cheating p***ks today.

no tactics. how he cannot stop the longball pish is a mystery.

no idea why he changed mcallister for musunda. we needed something different in midfield. mclear was poor today.

8 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Lol whit. 

I forgot that absolutely everything a football player tries is supposed to come off. 

He did really well to set up our goal and is one of the only players who’s actually capable of running at players and delivering the ball. 

As for folk writing off our season, I fail to see how folk can look at that league table and make that assumption. Everyone should know by now how mental this league is and people are presuming that we’ll just fail to win any more games and the likes of Morton and Partick are suddenly going to run away with 3rd and 4th. We could absolutely get beat on Tuesday and still finish 3rd. Folk had us relegated with about five games to go last season and they were proven wrong. Same story with the previous year. I’d have thought they’d have figured this league out by now and realised that nothing is a done thing when there’s only a couple of points in it. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Lol whit. 

I forgot that absolutely everything a football player tries is supposed to come off. 

He did really well to set up our goal and is one of the only players who’s actually capable of running at players and delivering the ball. 

As for folk writing off our season, I fail to see how folk can look at that league table and make that assumption. Everyone should know by now how mental this league is and people are presuming that we’ll just fail to win any more games and the likes of Morton and Partick are suddenly going to run away with 3rd and 4th. We could absolutely get beat on Tuesday and still finish 3rd. Folk had us relegated with about five games to go last season and they were proven wrong. Same story with the previous year. I’d have thought they’d have figured this league out by now and realised that nothing is a done thing when there’s only a couple of points in it. 

Exactly this on both counts. 

I don’t really understand the over reactions today - you couldn’t even overly tell we had ten men in the second half. Dipo looking far more like himself has given me a fair bit of hope. 

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Lol whit. 

Probably due to our form. We’re sitting 8th in the form table from our last 10 league matches. There is no signs that we are going to pick up anytime soon. At this point I’d say it’s more likely that we finish 7th than make the playoffs. 

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Probably due to our form. We’re sitting 8th in the form table from our last 10 league matches. There is no signs that we are going to pick up anytime soon. At this point I’d say it’s more likely that we finish 7th than make the playoffs. 

There were some small signs second half today, as well as last week. 

If todays Dipo was here last week we would have beaten Raith. Dipo back to even a reasonable level of performance makes us a completely different prospect. 

Hopefully we have the footage to appeal the Daire red. 

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

This is my point though. In this league especially form is an indicator of very little given how tight it is. There was nothing to suggest we were going to go on the bad run that we did and there is every chance we could get a result on Tuesday and use it to spark a good run of our own. 

I think the title was gone weeks ago but the playoffs and relegation will go to the wire imo.