The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

If they manage it and limit opening hours then they are less likely to get takeaways. 

It is hard to market Ayr as a historical town, to walk the same streets as Robert Burns, when they will pass 8 empty vape shops. 

Robert Burns strikes me as a man who would vape.

9 hours ago, itzdrk said:

I took it as Scotland, not Ayr United. 

There was a racist comment made at Firhill recently aimed at Dipo though so could be meaning that.  

Yes I did mean Scotland. That was before I found out he was staying in Hamilton in which case he's done well to last as long as he has. 

1 minute ago, jagfox said:

Does this mean Ayr will be wearing next season's kit, in the playoff games? 🤔 

No, it's next year's kit that's being sold there.  

58 minutes ago, Peil said:

Given its a wasteland of empty units, some of which have lain empty for several years, I'd imagine even the Cragie Park brigade might have to concede to change of use

They don't live there, so why would they give a shit?

It'll be student flats by some councillor's brother-in-law's fly-by-night developer as usual. The same as will happen with Ayr Central in five years or so when the last of the remaining units empties out.

Is it just me or is publicly listing the high bids a terrible idea here? Reading narrowly edging out an 18-year-old who looks like he can still hit the high notes.

10 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Half those players probably won't be there though? 

We wore our new strip against Raith so they’re auctioning off the match worn jerseys from that game. 

We’ll likely wear the new kit for the playoffs as well. 

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We wore our new strip against Raith so they’re auctioning off the match worn jerseys from that game. 

We’ll likely wear the new kit for the playoffs as well. 

No new kit will not be worn again until next season..

25 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

Wouldn’t you just LOVE to have to won ANYTHING at all. My God, you still celebrate a penalty against us 🤣

From your evasive answer I will deduce that you have no trophies to display. If you ask nicely you could borrow some of ours. Thank you for your continued interest in Ayr United Football Club. 

Boardroom Somerset Park 7th September 2008.jpg