The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Caledonian said:

From your evasive answer I will deduce that you have no trophies to display. If you ask nicely you could borrow some of ours. Thank you for your continued interest in Ayr United Football Club. 

Boardroom Somerset Park 7th September 2008.jpg

We'll ignore that thing on the bottom right, touchy subject

13 hours ago, Rugbypark said:

Wouldn’t you just LOVE to have to won ANYTHING at all. My God, you still celebrate a penalty against us 🤣

Andy Walker's wee chip down centre of goals with Marshall floundering about like a fish out of water....a thing of beauty and definitely worth celebrating...

17 hours ago, Thumper said:

The tories fought tooth and nail against converting any shop usage on the high street into food use for thirty years. There is absolutely no chance of that changing now.

Just quietly hoping that if Promotion is obtained, the council Approve some sort of Ayr United Shop within the town centre, as piss as it is.

Used to be a few places you could go, other than Somerset for an Ayr shirt. Used to be a Shop on Kyle Street, then Debenhams when they built Ayr Central there. The Centrum used to sell Ayr shirts (With The Aurigin sponsor) is there any more? 🤔

Absolutely sickens me that, despite the town centre going way downhill and the foot traffic becoming less and less, partly due to online shopping, there still pops up a shop of a team that was liquidated in 2012, that's roughly 30 miles away from Ayr. 😒

8 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Just quietly hoping that if Promotion is obtained, the council Approve some sort of Ayr United Shop within the town centre, as piss as it is.

Used to be a few places you could go, other than Somerset for an Ayr shirt. Used to be a Shop on Kyle Street, then Debenhams when they built Ayr Central there. The Centrum used to sell Ayr shirts (With The Aurigin sponsor) is there any more? 🤔

Absolutely sickens me that, despite the town centre going way downhill and the foot traffic becoming less and less, partly due to online shopping, there still pops up a shop of a team that was liquidated in 2012, that's roughly 30 miles away from Ayr. 😒

In the 80s and early 90s you were lucky to get an Ayr top, the order was usually tiny, maybe a 100 in every size and only one delivery, Away shirts were less. The club shop sold about 5 things in total so there wasn't much point in going in if you weren't in the market for a club tie or golf tee's

Finnies on the high street occasionally had a couple of Ayr tops and sports division sold some when they were the sponsor. 

I'm not sure there is a market for a club shop on the high street, maybe just for presence in the centre of town but the footfall on Ayr high street must be 10% of what it was 20 years ago. I think the cost would outweigh any benefit. It would be cheaper to take out billboard advertising. 

34 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Council would have no objections to having a shop in the town , the current issue would be the rent and rates , go past the shop in town you mention and it’s always empty would bet on it being closed within a year like last time , personally I don’t think a shop on the high street would bring much more many ( and lose profit due to costs ) in unless the one at stadium was closed except for match days , not cost effective to be paying staff to work in both venues on the same days 

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

Council would have no objections to having a shop in the town , the current issue would be the rent and rates , go past the shop in town you mention and it’s always empty would bet on it being closed within a year like last time , personally I don’t think a shop on the high street would bring much more many ( and lose profit due to costs ) in unless the one at stadium was closed except for match days , not cost effective to be paying staff to work in both venues on the same days 

I Can't even think of a shop in Ayr that could potentially sell Ayr tops at no expense for Ayr United. It's sort of saddening 😔 Team is on the up but the town itself has degraded rapidly.

@AUFC 1910 and the idea of an Ayr United stand at festivals, air shows, College open days and so on is absolutely brilliant 👍 

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

I've never seen anyone actually go in there.

Probably a rates scam, like all those American sweetie shops (and all of der ***'s other revenue streams).