The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

🚨 Understand Robbie Mutch has signed a pre-contract with Ayr United, done and sealed. 

Official announcement, next formal step expected very soon. ⚪⚫ #AUFC

Here we go, confirmed.

Lumii_20230523_151456742.jpg

6 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

For the love of all things holy, please be Mutch and not Ramsbottom.

That was EXACTLY my thoughts 🤣

6 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Holy Fcuk what have we done to deserve  both Colin Steven and Douglas Ross on Friday 

They definitely wouldn't be getting the tie if it was tight :lol:

On 21/05/2023 at 10:44, PB1994 said:

You get £1.2 million for finishing bottom. No idea what the TV revenue is but I imagine that is close to 7 figures too. Then you have the OF sell outs, possibly Ayrshire derby games and since it would be seen as a bit of a novelty going to Somerset in the Premiership you’ll have bigger away crowds than normal. That’s not even taking into account Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen taking bigger numbers anyway.

Sponsorship, Hospitality and probably bigger home crowds too. It’s a massive amount of money.

Actually, £2 mill for Dipo wouldn’t even be enough. That’s basing it on coming straight back down too. As I said it’s complete and utter nonsense that any sort of bid has been accepted for him with a stipulation that he doesn’t play in any more games this season.

Anybody in your support that is  thinking you would get 2 million for your striker should get back on  their medication.

38 minutes ago, gmfc said:

Anybody in your support that is  thinking you would get 2 million for your striker should get back on  their medication.

Just as well nobody said that then.

Plus Billy Mckay is worth about £5 million tbqhwy.

Edited by PB1994

8 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I've not been to the last few home games tbh. Had some sort of epiphany late in the season and I'm no longer just blindly following them like I used to. Just been incredibly bored watching them as of late, and it's too much of a chore.

Thought Friday we would have played for a draw or come out of it with a narrow defeat, but the whole manner of it has put me off completely for Friday.

You had an epiphany that Ayr United sometimes go through bad patches and struggle to win games? f**k me, what a vision that must've been.

Where we are right now is so much better than in many recent years. There's a team on the pitch and a team off the pitch doing everything they can to build for something even better. 

But we finished 2nd in a very competitive championship with a smaller budget than many rivals. I want to applaud the team for a great effort this season, and hopefully cheer them on to an even better one next season. It's what supporting your local team is all about. 

There's also the tiny chance of witnessing one of the greatest nights in the club's history (which is not nothing). 

7 hours ago, Honestmen said:

Early goal has got to be the plan

We don't need an early goal. We're just need to be winning at half time. 

If there's 20 minutes to go and we're one up then three pressure might build, and they might get a bit nervous. 

All you hope for is going 2 in front in round about the 85th minute. That would lead to a brilliant last 10. 

31 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

You had an epiphany that Ayr United sometimes go through bad patches and struggle to win games? f**k me, what a vision that must've been.

Where we are right now is so much better than in many recent years. There's a team on the pitch and a team off the pitch doing everything they can to build for something even better. 

But we finished 2nd in a very competitive championship with a smaller budget than many rivals. I want to applaud the team for a great effort this season, and hopefully cheer them on to an even better one next season. It's what supporting your local team is all about. 

There's also the tiny chance of witnessing one of the greatest nights in the club's history (which is not nothing). 

Was the worst championship in years