The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, GaryMc93 said:

Might have helped if the AP reported Dipo as having a knock rather than a back injury. Dipo to start only for Muirhead to suspiciously mistime a header and land on top of him inside the first 10 minutes seems likely.

Wouldn't surprise me if Thistle went down to 10 men early on with a last man challenge and we proceed to being unable to break them down the rest of the game 

I'm not sure all this "it's not over" stuff is the right idea.  We are shocking at home and it's entirely possible we get pumped again. 

Folk getting their hopes up might be the worst idea for season ticket sales etc :lol:

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I'm not sure all this "it's not over" stuff is the right idea.  We are shocking at home and it's entirely possible we get pumped again. 

Folk getting their hopes up might be the worst idea for season ticket sales etc :lol:

I get why they are doing it but they are bigging themselves up for a mighty fall when Thistle are 3-0 up after 20 minutes.

21 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I get why they are doing it but they are bigging themselves up for a mighty fall when Thistle are 3-0 up after 20 minutes.

The North Terrace deserves a better send off than that 😒 

#FortheNorthTerrace

Ach fair play to the Ayr fans who are keeping up the hope.

At least they aren’t trying to convince themselves that they are going to beat treble chasing Celtic in a Scottish Cup Final in 10 days time, now that would be mental.

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t think I would go out and just chuck forward thinking players at it. I can’t actually decide what team I want - Maguire to start and hope he can recreate his start to the game from last week and maintain it or Smith in midfield to allow us a bit more control. 

I think I am edging towards Maguire, with Ashford and Mullin out wide. If we are even one up with 30 to go, then we have O’Connor who we all know can have a huge impact off the bench. 

f**k completely forgot about Mullin, maybe his performance on Friday made me forget he plays for us. 

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t think I would go out and just chuck forward thinking players at it. I can’t actually decide what team I want - Maguire to start and hope he can recreate his start to the game from last week and maintain it or Smith in midfield to allow us a bit more control. 

I think I am edging towards Maguire, with Ashford and Mullin out wide. If we are even one up with 30 to go, then we have O’Connor who we all know can have a huge impact off the bench. 

I would go with Smith. I think 5 in midfield and exerting control there will be key to us having any sort of chance at all.

I don't rate Maguire at all - he struts around thinking he is better than everyone else and has done very little so far in his time with us. Having said that, one of the things he did was play the pass to set up the equaliser when we last played Partick in the league!

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

The "we've fucked it but come along anyway" slogan was too wordy 

There's no combo of players that can make a difference.  No point going over the team selection. The bench are all rank and 6/11 of the first team aren't even championship standard. 

Don't care who starts or not as we've been mince all year. I'll be going in full knowledge that we'll get pumped. I just want to support the team. But more so to definitively see this season off, like some freshly minted exorcist on his first job. 

8 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

There's no combo of players that can make a difference.  No point going over the team selection. The bench are all rank and 6/11 of the first team aren't even championship standard. 

Don't care who starts or not as we've been mince all year. I'll be going in full knowledge that we'll get pumped. I just want to support the team. But more so to definitively see this season off, like some freshly minted exorcist on his first job. 

We have been poor all year but we have also been lucky on a few occasions as well where other teams have done is massive favours, starting with QOTS and Dunfermline last season.

We could win 3-0 or lose 3-0 on Friday easy. The most Ayr thing ever would be to score and lose 4-3 

12 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Ffs killie winning today too! Since were not going up they should at least come down 

We win 4-0 on Friday, Ross County win 1-0 on Sunday and we relegate KFC in the play-offs. Written in the stars. Simple.

Edited by rgreig
Fixed the date of the Ross County game!!

3 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

This - I'm going because I've already made the plans and there's always that little voice saying you don't want to miss out.   Realistically though I'll be pretty surprised if we aren't a goal down after 15 mins or so.

12 minutes ago, Hursty said:

This - I'm going because I've already made the plans and there's always that little voice saying you don't want to miss out.   Realistically though I'll be pretty surprised if we aren't a goal down after 15 mins or so.

Just go with no reservations. It's a big game. We'll get rinsed but so what? More fans, more money. I'm half looking forward to it. I always feel like that if i'm going tbh